SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-17, 09:27 AM   #1
searanger50
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9 688i - stuck at end of campaign mission

Does anyone have a fix for the missing button on the campaign mission ending? The video plays okay and the screen for the review etc pops up but there is no way to close it and progress to the next mission. I am running on a 32 bit windows 10 PC.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-24-17, 04:48 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Oh man, it's been so long. Is this a CD version or Steam version? And which campaign mission? First one, Sealing their Fate? Are you sure you completed the goals, including getting to the launch point before 04:00 ?
Old 12-28-17, 08:27 AM   #3
searanger50
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It's the original version. I'm running the original disc as an ISO image in low resolution screen. I also have the original manual. All the training and single missions play okay. After the first campaign mission with all goals complete the video plays but I cannot progress to the next mission as there is no "continue" (or whatever it is) button. I've tried clicking in the area I think it should be and elsewhere but nothing happens.
Old 12-28-17, 08:33 AM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > searanger50
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-17, 10:55 AM   #5
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by searanger50 View Post
It's the original version. I'm running the original disc as an ISO image in low resolution screen. I also have the original manual. All the training and single missions play okay. After the first campaign mission with all goals complete the video plays but I cannot progress to the next mission as there is no "continue" (or whatever it is) button. I've tried clicking in the area I think it should be and elsewhere but nothing happens.

I've contacted Sonalysts, they said they will have the dev team review the bug.
Old 01-26-18, 05:24 PM   #6
ataribaby
Swabbie

Downloads: 319
Uploads: 0

Hi,
Just encountered same problem with Steam (Win 10) version so I tried install PCem emulator (it is real emulator not just virtualization) and installed Win 98 and original Jane's 688 + 1.07 patch and replayed first camp mission.

Just noticed in steam version UI screen backgrounds between missions are black and missing UI element.

This is how I got it in PCem with original CD version + 1.07

As you can see there is switch on right that I marked red and this one is used to continue.

In Steam version graphics is missing there but maybe area is still clickable. I not replayed yet with Steam version to confirm. Anyway if Sonalyst can get this fixed (what I do not hold breath for as it is ancient game) it will be nice.

Game works perfectly under PCem. Just you need set it up and install Win95/98 by yourself like on real old PC what is bit of work. I set CPU to Pentium 166Mhz and it is enough. Anything higher than 200Mhz is too much for my i7 as it is full CPU emulation.
ataribaby is offline   Reply With Quote