SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-17, 09:02 AM   #1
JJ
Helmsman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

gear Help with SC Mission Editor (if possible..)

Here's to hope someone actually remembers the damn thing.. But yeah, fired up the good ol' Sub Command after over a decade and thought I'd make some missions while I'm at it. But I've ran into a little problem.

I made a little mission where the player is supposed to intercept a radio message by approaching couple of trawlers and raising/streaming the antenna. And depending if the player is counter-detected or not they should receive a different message, like so:

Goal A: Player not detected -> Message A
Goal B: Player detected -> Message B
(Both are Destination goals with a 5nmi range, other parameters are kept default)

But while testing the mission both goals are always triggered when rising the antenna. The doctrine check shows no errors but apparently something is amiss.

Goal A doctrine page:

Goal B doctrine page:

I also have a third goal, a 'Mission End' goal, a radio transmission you need to receive as well, letting you know the mission is over. I wanted to set it up so that in N minute(s) after completing either goal, A or B, you should receive that message. Now if I set the expression 'TimeSinceGoalTriggered' to = or > nothing ever happens. But if I set it just to trigger after A or B is completed, it works.

I'm running v. 1.08 with SCXIIc, if that's of any significance.

Any and all help would be highly appreciated
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 03:12 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

For Goal A and B, there is an 'AND' operator connection the Trawler 2 detection block and the player streaming the wire, which implies that the player has to make the detection with the wire. I'm not sure if the game logic is sophisticated enough for this, but it should be like (Trawler 1 OR Trawler 2) AND (StreamWire OR RaiseRadioMast).

You may need to use additional (re: separate) triggers to get this effect.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-17, 09:14 AM   #3
JJ
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
You may need to use additional (re: separate) triggers to get this effect.
Hadn't thought about that until I saw your reply. So I went ahead and did just that. Also took a peek at the original campaign missions and indeed, they have separate goals for detections (counter or otherwise) and then goals that trigger depending which detection goal was triggered.

Goal A (staying undetected) works fine but Goal B won't trigger at all. Active pinging, going flank at PD etc. just couple of nmi away had no effect. I wonder if the civilian boats are even made to 'detect' the player even if set to the enemy side

Guess I'll need to change one trawler into a warship and see what happens then.
Old 06-30-17, 10:09 AM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Hadn't thought about that until I saw your reply. So I went ahead and did just that. Also took a peek at the original campaign missions and indeed, they have separate goals for detections (counter or otherwise) and then goals that trigger depending which detection goal was triggered.

Goal A (staying undetected) works fine but Goal B won't trigger at all. Active pinging, going flank at PD etc. just couple of nmi away had no effect. I wonder if the civilian boats are even made to 'detect' the player even if set to the enemy side

Guess I'll need to change one trawler into a warship and see what happens then.
Oh, yes, that's a good point. I'm assuming the civilian boats do not have the ability to detect haha. I think Dangerous Waters has a fishing boat that's really a spy ship or something but I don't know if Sub Command has such an entity. I suppose you could use a radial "detection radius" if you wanted to get a somewhat similar kind of effect.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 04:34 AM   #5
JJ
Helmsman

I should probably just install DW but for some reason I tend to like Sub Command more, haha!

But I finally managed to make it work, yay! Had to add a warship in the mix. She'll now detect me if I start messing around.

I also deleted the Goal B altogether and simply included its raise/stream radio expressions, and the ensuing radio message, to the separate 'CounterDetect' goal. Now if the player is counter-detected (unbeknownst to them) and goes to receive the message they get the proper response.

Not to mention it even triggers the correct 'mission complete' radio message. Had to change things around a bit with the addition of the warship. Now there are two slightly different 'mission complete' messages depending if counter-detected or not.

Now my little campaign can finally progress past the first mission

Anyway, thanks for the input! Much obliged!