SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-08, 06:44 PM   #721
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

For those with poor connections to FF, the lastest versions of my mods are now available from the BTS forums.
HTH
OLC
Old 05-21-08, 11:15 PM   #722
Yorktown_Class
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

OLC,I got a question for you,I was literally ran over by a Ceramic Type Liner,in a rain storm,I didn't see him he didn't see me,he hit the bow,I got miner damage,but he didn't zig zag at all after the impact,it was like it never seen me.It turned me in the same direction,ENE as he was going and I fell in behind him and when the distance was open enough I fired a torpedo,and only then did it start to zig zag after it hit,I lost him in the fog and it got away.Will the newest version help in that respect??

thanks
Old 05-22-08, 02:43 AM   #723
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorktown_Class
OLC,I got a question for you,I was literally ran over by a Ceramic Type Liner,in a rain storm,I didn't see him he didn't see me,he hit the bow,I got miner damage,but he didn't zig zag at all after the impact,it was like it never seen me.It turned me in the same direction,ENE as he was going and I fell in behind him and when the distance was open enough I fired a torpedo,and only then did it start to zig zag after it hit,I lost him in the fog and it got away.Will the newest version help in that respect??

thanks
No it won't. SH3 ships do not "know" when they've collided with you. This is a stock game limitation, it's nothing new.
Old 05-22-08, 06:02 AM   #724
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Quote:
AA really helps a lot when it comes to making out ships/masts in the distance. Obviously it'll lower your framerate... so I guess you have to choose between high fps and high-accuracy torpedoes?

I find I can make out distant ships easily enough at 1024x768 with 4xAA (6x even better).
4x kills my framerate already, but 2x seems to do the job, thanks for the hint!

Still, any AA lets the performance drop significantly. Maybe I can improve it by using the "right" meaning the least demanding version of your reflection-offers. Maybe someone has made some experiences and could post which one would be the best for a low-end-comp. Right now I'm using normal effects without reflections - but installed the sh4-effects after that.
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 06:36 AM   #725
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook
Quote:
AA really helps a lot when it comes to making out ships/masts in the distance. Obviously it'll lower your framerate... so I guess you have to choose between high fps and high-accuracy torpedoes?

I find I can make out distant ships easily enough at 1024x768 with 4xAA (6x even better).
4x kills my framerate already, but 2x seems to do the job, thanks for the hint!

Still, any AA lets the performance drop significantly. Maybe I can improve it by using the "right" meaning the least demanding version of your reflection-offers. Maybe someone has made some experiences and could post which one would be the best for a low-end-comp. Right now I'm using normal effects without reflections - but installed the sh4-effects after that.
This setup will give the best framerate:
Enable-> Remove All Object Reflections for OLCE2 (with or without VIIC41)
Enable-> GWX 2.1 Normal Particle Effects for OLCE2 (without reflections)

Also, what kind of graphics card do you have? If ATI, make sure you tick the "Geometry Instancing" checkbox in the CCC. If nVidia, try the nHancer program.

HTH
OLC
Old 05-22-08, 06:52 AM   #726
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

At last the final version!........................... or the "final version updates not inluded"?:rotfl:

THANK you OLC.

BTW, I started a new carrer thanks to your mod and i am gonna try a surface attack. Wish me luck. Lets see...
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 07:06 AM   #727
Horsemann
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Default Superb! :up:

Superb! However at all improvements of atmospheric effects, definitely there are no reflections of the Moon. Whether could it be corrected?

Last edited by Horsemann; 05-22-08 at 07:19 AM.
Horsemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 07:28 AM   #728
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Quote:
This setup will give the best framerate:
Enable-> Remove All Object Reflections for OLCE2 (with or without VIIC41)
Enable-> GWX 2.1 Normal Particle Effects for OLCE2 (without reflections)
Roger, I'll try those and the nHancer prog. Thanks a lot for your efforts!
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 07:35 AM   #729
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Amazing work OLC!!!!

/OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 08:02 AM   #730
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

I use 32xS AA together with 16x Anisotropic Filtering.... kills every single jagged edge, and also eliminates shimmering!

For people with newer ATI cards (ie 2900XT, 3850 or 3870) you should try 24x Edge Detect... sweet as! Also use at least 8x Anisotropic Filtering... this will make distant object and waves look sharper.
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 08:50 AM   #731
Horsemann
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

I cannot tell definitely, whether it is caused by your mod or anything else, but in the sky (especially in the cloudy sky) there is observed the strange atmospheric phenomenon in the form of shone, perpendicular strips. :hmm: They are similar to traces of jet planes

Last edited by Horsemann; 05-22-08 at 09:13 AM.
Horsemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-08, 09:16 AM   #732
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemann
I cannot tell definitely, whether it is caused by your mod or anything else, but in the sky (especially in the cloudy sky) there is observed the strange atmospheric phenomenon in the form of shone, perpendicular strips. :hmm: They are similar to traces of jet planes
A screenshot would help a lot!
Old 05-22-08, 04:15 PM   #733
Yorktown_Class
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorktown_Class

thanks
No it won't. SH3 ships do not "know" when they've collided with you. This is a stock game limitation, it's nothing new.
Ok thank you
Old 05-23-08, 02:37 AM   #734
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Default @OLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@OLC

Just installed last updates (Ubermod 2.2) and amazed to see that the attack periscope doesn't turn (observation periscope is working fine)...
Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks for your help

Lopo
Well, all is working fine... I just discover I cannot upgrade my IXB with a IX/2 tower, it blocks my attack periscope. That's all!
Is this a bug in my mod or not? I mean, if you upgrade your IXB with a IX/2 tower without my mod installed, does that work?
I still don't know... I will try when my current patrol will be finished and will tell you.
Please do! Also, are you using Malfunctions and Sabotage on SH3C? I can't remember what effects they have but a broken periscope might be one of them. :hmm:
Don't worry, I will have a look on it... I have a lot of work now so I play just half-hour per night before sleeping, so the test will wait a little...
Yes, I'm using Malfunctions and Sabotage but I had the same periscope broken twice after downloading...
Have had again the same problem after refuelling at U-461 in May 42... each time I have a double cross-line (first time I notice that!) in my attack periscope and it doesn't turn. I fix the problem disabling and enabling OLC Gui special for OLCE2... it doesn't seem to be a bug.

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 05:08 AM   #735
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
I use 32xS AA together with 16x Anisotropic Filtering.... kills every single jagged edge, and also eliminates shimmering!

For people with newer ATI cards (ie 2900XT, 3850 or 3870) you should try 24x Edge Detect... sweet as! Also use at least 8x Anisotropic Filtering... this will make distant object and waves look sharper.

Can i ask, do you apply these options in game or force these on through the drivers ?