Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 12-01-07, 12:28 PM   #16
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default https://fighterace.ketsujin.com/

https://fighterace.ketsujin.com/

One of the least know games out is Fighter Ace 3.93. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out why this game is not very popular with the flight Sim crowds. Maybe it's because it's a Russian Programming Team that did the game modeling etc. Maybe it's because it was arcade like at first?

I just know that I really enjoy playing this game if I am in the mood to play a computer flight simulation type game.

Right now the game developers has an OPEN BETA going on to test the new Korean War Planes. Yes I said Korean Jets. The Mig 15 bis vs the F86E Sabre jets are being tested and tweaked right now.

The cost to get a subscription may be one reason why people don't play the game. But if you compare the costs today vs ten years ago the cost is minimal. Ten years ago people paid $2.00/hr to play Warbirds online. Today you can play an entire month for only $15.00/month. If you played one night it was almost $8.00/night for 8 hours of play.

Oh well I won't go on and on in here. You have the link above and can see what the game is all about at their web site.

Unfortunately the game owner won't open the forum to posting without a subscription. But you can read the "Debriefs" forum and see what people talk about.

Flight modeling can be tweaked instantly from level 1 to level 10 with level 10 being the most realistic. Views can be tweaked independent of the flight modeling. Each aspect of the flight modeling can be tweaked independently of the others. So the variables are almost endless. That could be a bad thing as everyone gets used to one setting and if something gets changed they get upset.

The graphic are great. As good or better than MS Flight Simulator 3. In fact the guy that led the development of FS 3 worked on the FA game at that time too. Since that time the Original owner of FA 1.0 has purchased the game back and is developing it again.

BTW: In the future Mark Vange (FA owner/developer) is planning on making a new WWI flight simulator game. Plans are not known in detail about that project but it will be different from his first attempt.

Right now the WWII game has over 100 different planes that you can fly.

In the future if all goes well they will have the WWII game, a Korean Early Jets game and then a WWI game. No one else will have this combination of games.

I have been following FA since 1998 when I first discovered it and signed up to play it for $20/month. Today it's much improved and cost half as much to get a subscription.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote