SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-31-16, 12:48 AM   #76
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

jmwaring!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 07:56 AM   #77
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim waring

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 06:50 AM   #78
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Can you make shark class campaign
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-16, 03:18 PM   #79
ZodiakLegion
Seaman

Downloads: 298
Exclamation GameFront Site Retired!

Sorry for bump, not my intention, but any chance of a reupload? GameFront has retired services, so the links are defunct.

Last edited by ZodiakLegion; 05-14-16 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Changed wording.
ZodiakLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-16, 08:59 AM   #80
Morpheus1966
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 30

for days ive tried to find a working mod superfortress and all the files that go with it put every time I click on the links in tread it goes to a web site called Ecapist why are those mods not here
Morpheus1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-16, 09:30 AM   #81
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Gamefront ceased to store files as of April 30th this year.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 04:17 PM   #82
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31

Very nice Silverwolf,
So far I've tried the Titan in the "battle off samar" and the mission, I forget the name, where you take on the entire fleet that split into the southern and center forces at the philipines, 63% hull damage on the latter one, but still the only one afloat!

I was able to find all 3 subs and the campaign files via a link provided in this or the Titan thread, although I can't find it now.

I've read both this and the Titan threads completely, and I'm at a loss for how to get the Titan functioning in a campaign.

I can get the Blackwolf and Titan to work in a single mission, and I can start a campaign, but when I actually try to start the patrol in the sub, the game crashes.

Steam version (yes, I know, but it's the only way I could find SH4)
STOCK ver1.5

I tried the following mod load order(s)...

Please Note: With this, I can run a single mission with the Titan.

Titan_base
Titan_stock
Campaign_Mode_stock_1.5

At the suggestion of some in the thread(s), I tried this as alternative:

Blackwolf_base
Titan_base
Titan_stock
Campaign_mode_stock_1.5

WIth both load orders, I told JSGME to overwrite the files it warned were installed by previous mods.

I looked through the .upc files in the mod folder to see if I could find anything that might be causing the trouble, but all appeared normal...

Anybody have any ideas?
I'm still looking into it.

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 02:30 PM   #83
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

Hate to burst your bubbles guys, but Silverwolf hasn't been active on SubSim for years now. It is rather unlikely that he will continue work on his mods or update them anytime soon. I suspect he had Real Life get in the way. Probably safe to assume that any campaign integration with popular megamods (TMO, RFB, RSRDC, etc) contained within Silverwolf's mods are no longer compatible for the most part. There may be some of those mods that have not updated since Silverwolf's compatibility patches, so patches for those mods may still work...

Wherever he is and whatever he's doing, I hope he's doing well. He will be missed. I did some testing for him on the Shark and Interceptor while he was still active.
Old 09-11-16, 09:41 PM   #84
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
...Silverwolf hasn't been active on SubSim for years now. It is rather unlikely that he will continue work on his mods or update them anytime soon.
I realize you may not be replying specifically to me...
and this may come across the wrong way...

BUT, I take from your statement that I should NOT post and inform the modder,(and everyone else) that I like the mod they made...

Silverwolf may return to the forum, see all of the post made by those who have tried his mod(s) since his departure, and decide to, if able, 'return' to the forum.

I simply was trying to give commendation for an excellent mod.

as far as my reply, please note (edited for clarity):
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaUAK View Post

...I've read both this and the Titan threads completely, and I'm at a loss for how to get the Titan functioning in a campaign.

Anybody have any ideas?

Barracuda
I was asking if ANYONE had any thoughts, not for Silverwolf to update.
Maybe someone else had this problem, and fixed it, and could fill in the blanks that I currently have.

If I'm having this trouble with a stock 1.5 game, then maybe someone else is as well.

I asked in this thread, as MANY forums I have frequented before preferred that you post questions or problems with a mod in that SPECIFIC mod thread.
To keep the forum list from filling with individual help request for basically the same problem that could all be answered at one time.

This way the mod author, admins, moderators, and other helpful folks, could spend their time on more useful task than answering the same question a dozen times.
(Also means the "search" function can actually give you a thread with an answer, rather than 50 with the same question.)

I do not recall reading a "preferred" help request procedure, other than using the search function, in the forum rules that I read upon making my forum login here at subsim.

IF there is a method other than the one I used here, I would greatly appreciate if an admin or moderator could inform me of that procedure.

Travis Reed, I also hope that Silverwolf is doing well, and would like very much for him to return. Based on his mods, he has an excellent grasp of the inner workings of SH4, and simply sharing that info would be a great benefit to newer modders attempting to "get their feet wet".

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 08:43 AM   #85
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I think the starting point should be "does anyone have these mods downloaded to their machine and would you upload them to the Subsim Downloads area?"

THEN pursuing all the other questions will become possible.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 06:28 PM   #86
Travis Reed
Planesman

@BarracudaUAK: I didn't intend to sound rude, or to discourage posting in this thread regarding the addon. I merely wanted to point out that those doing so should not expect a timely reply from the author. Perhaps I could have phrased things better.

As to having any of these mods, unfortunately, I no longer have them. I do have a version of the Interceptor that was updated (see thread) by giaoyech, but it is already up in the downloads section, and it is also not quite Silverwolf's original work, having been modified. It is probable that giaoyech has a copy of the latest Silverwolf version of Interceptor. Given statements he made while I was testing, he may also have a version of Shark around as well.

Additionally, giaoyech's updated Interceptor is available in the TMO campaign, if installed properly. I seem to remember that Silverwolf did have a compatibility patch for it already. Probably even linked in this thread, though those links are likely dead now.

I used to look around under the hood of various mods to see how they worked, but it's been so long ago I've forgotten much of what I learned. I probably don't even have the tools I used to use installed anymore. If you poke around the threads for Silverwolf's mods, you'll likely find posts of mine where I was helping him test and tweak things.
Old 09-12-16, 07:27 PM   #87
qiaoyech
Watch

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

name starts with "q", not "g".

But in all seriousness, my version is heavily modified. Never thought I would release it, so I forgot what I actually changed, other than made Shark compatible with RFB 2.0 (but not TMO).

Also, there are many inter-dependencies in a lot of files between these three. Right now I won't have time to make it compatible with TMO, nor the time to troubleshoot it in case someone need support.

But if you have trouble with any game files uploaded to filefront, nexusmods managed to obtain a entire clone of firefront server files from a third party who was authorized to archive it before it was shut down. Here's the news article:
http://www.nexusmods.com/games/news/12810/?

And here's SH4 section which contained all filefront's archive. If it existed in filefront you would find it there.
http://www.nexusmods.com/silenthunte...ofthepacific/?
qiaoyech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 09:19 PM   #88
Travis Reed
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qiaoyech View Post
name starts with "q", not "g".
Hard to tell with the bloody underline...the one under every user's name next to their posts. Also, I may need to choose a different font...

Edit: After looking through the link to the SH4 files there (I uses Nexus for other games also), I have noted that none of Silverwolf's mods are in the SH4 section. It is entirely possible that they were placed in a different section, if they were even hosted on the site that Nexus backed up.

Last edited by Travis Reed; 09-12-16 at 09:30 PM.
Travis Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 09:34 PM   #89
qiaoyech
Watch

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Think you aren't using it right. What's this?
http://www.nexusmods.com/silenthunte...cific/mods/2/?

P.S.: If you saw the news article, you'd realize that's not possible. Nexus had the whole clone which was managed by archive.org with help of original FileFront staffs. However, they never did say when they finished the archive process.

P.P.S: Best way to search FF archive is by title. Description may not be up-to-date, and author names are lost unless someone manually reclaimed them.

Last edited by qiaoyech; 09-12-16 at 09:42 PM.
qiaoyech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 09:46 PM   #90
Travis Reed
Planesman

I saw that one and had my hopes dashed as it isn't the NSS Shark.

FF wasn't a particularly good hosting site. It is possible that Silverwolf's mods did not have any information on which game they were for included, which means the Nexus team would have to figure it out.

However, it is more likely that they simply have not gotten around to adding Silverwolf's mods yet. They probably have a large number of files to go through and slot into their system. Perhaps they will show up in time...

I do know how to search the Nexus, I've been using it for years... I also went through every single file they have for SH4 (as of the edit to my last post) and did not find any of Silverwolf's mods.