SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-08, 05:58 PM   #1
slupanter
Mate

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
I don't like it

i think sh4 is a bit weird to use and not a usable as sh3. i think ubisoft should have rereleased sh3 with sh4 graphics.
Old 03-21-08, 06:03 PM   #2
rulle34
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 8

Like SH 5 Atlantic
Old 03-21-08, 06:38 PM   #3
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
Old 03-21-08, 07:33 PM   #4
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupanter
i think sh4 is a bit weird to use and not a usable as sh3. i think ubisoft should have rereleased sh3 with sh4 graphics.
Yeah, the fishing has been awful here too, this low pressure front has really messed things up.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Old 03-21-08, 07:46 PM   #5
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
i think sh4 is a bit weird to use and not a usable as sh3. i think ubisoft should have re released sh3 with sh4 graphics.
Yes....Ubi should just knock out a new U-Boat sim every two years. All other nationalities were just posers.

*sigh* the ONE successful submarine campaign in history is of no interest. If the US had lost the undersea war in the Pacific in spectacular underdog style with 75% losses, people would probably be clamoring to play SH4.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 03-21-08, 08:00 PM   #6
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default What do you expect???????

If Geraldine Ferraro hadn't said what she said about and Bush hadn't been President and Mars had been in retrograde and the Pentagon..... Well, if times were normal the game woulda been fine but it's like all whacked and that's that.

Really, like everything should like work like SH3 and the crew should like speak German and like the American TDC blows and it should like have the same stuff as the U-Boat man because like it's weird.
Old 03-21-08, 08:00 PM   #7
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

This is the U-boat missions forum, so my guess is he's talking about the interface.

If so, while it's true that a couple of babies were thrown out with the bathwater in the transition from the SH3 to the SH4 interface, i think you'll find the SH4 interface is fine once you are used to it, and on the whole an improvement.
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
Old 03-21-08, 08:10 PM   #8
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed
Quote:
i think sh4 is a bit weird to use and not a usable as sh3. i think ubisoft should have re released sh3 with sh4 graphics.
Yes....Ubi should just knock out a new U-Boat sim every two years. All other nationalities were just posers.

*sigh* the ONE successful submarine campaign in history is of no interest. If the US had lost the undersea war in the Pacific in spectacular underdog style with 75% losses, people would probably be clamoring to play SH4.
Maybe, but we will never know. For me its just as much the geographic side, as its just a wast space of places I have no knowledge about.

The German submarine war is the perfect scenario for a computer game, it starts off easy and nicely, and quicly turn into a question of when (not if) you die.

Nobody is going to come into your home and steal your SH4 disc, even when an Atlantic campaign is released, so dont worry. The Pacific is there for you, if you want it.
Old 03-21-08, 08:12 PM   #9
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I was not enamered with the interface at first either but over a few hours, it is quite nice. Some more interaction with the crew would be nice also. I'm glad SH4 is not SH3, I needed a change of pace from the gray foreboding Atlantic and no matter how many vessels I sunk....I still lost the war. Then again, when using GWX I usually did not survive my first patrol anyway hence my "First Patrol Your Dead Club". We did not have many members because most did not return after their first patrol. Give it some time slupanter it will all come together.
Old 03-21-08, 08:17 PM   #10
badaboom
Weps

Downloads: 46

Give it some tlme,it will grow on you and you'll LOVE it!!!
Old 03-21-08, 08:35 PM   #11
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Most played sim for the past year Been playing it since 1.0. Give it some time, if you still don't like it no harm done.

RDP

Back in the Day

Old 03-21-08, 08:45 PM   #12
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Quote:

The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic.
Old 03-21-08, 09:16 PM   #13
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Quote:
Quote:

The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic.
Like harbor raids...
Old 03-21-08, 09:20 PM   #14
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Why are all the PTO brass all over a thread about the interface of SH4 in the uboat addon?
Old 03-22-08, 11:10 AM   #15
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabiz
Why are all the PTO brass all over a thread about the interface of SH4 in the uboat addon?

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Closed Thread