SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-13, 04:34 PM   #2101
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehring1917 View Post
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober

Hi all,correct install order list includes 2 versions of patch 1 as above. I can only find the second one, V9 available by date. There doesn't seem to be a link to the other in the mod list. Is this a duplicate entry or is it included somewhere?

Thanks.
I changed the link .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 04:45 PM   #2102
Mehring1917
Sailor man

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I changed the link .
Sorry, I don't understand. Am I missing a file or do I only need the V9?
Mehring1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 04:53 PM   #2103
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand. Am I missing a file or do I only need the V9?
Download the MEP file and then extract it with 7Zip . Go to the mod enabler (jsgme) and click on Tasks/Load mod profile . Click on the extracted MEP file and it will tell you what mods are missing .
Old 07-11-13, 05:19 PM   #2104
Mehring1917
Sailor man

Quote:
Download the MEP file and then extract it with 7Zip . Go to the mod enabler (jsgme) and click on Tasks/Load mod profile . Click on the extracted MEP file and it will tell you what mods are missing .
OK, thanks, I've done that. The MEP lists both files which leaves me not knowing where to find Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1. I can only find the (available by date) V9 file, if anyone can help.

My first missing file from the MEP list though, is sobers game loading tips V6 SH5. Searching this version yields no result, V5 appears to be the latest version.

Edit: Sjizzles chart listed on MEP is also unavailable, it has been superseded by 3 newer files.
Old 07-11-13, 05:24 PM   #2105
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
OK, thanks, I've done that. The MEP lists both files which leaves me not knowing where to find Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1. I can only find the (available by date) V9 file, if anyone can help...
Yes we know, it's hard - CLICK

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 05:25 PM   #2106
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
OK, thanks, I've done that. The MEP lists both files which leaves me not knowing where to find Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1. I can only find the (available by date) V9 file, if anyone can help.

My first missing file from the MEP list though, is sobers game loading tips V6 SH5. Searching this version yields no result, V5 appears to be the latest version.

Edit: Sjizzles chart listed on MEP is also unavailable, it has been superseded by 3 newer files.
Fixed the game loading tips . The links are at the bottom of post 1 of the Equipment_Upgrades thread .
Old 07-11-13, 05:49 PM   #2107
Mehring1917
Sailor man

Quote:
Fixed the game loading tips . The links are at the bottom of post 1 of the Equipment_Upgrades thread .
Thanks, got the equipment upgrade file now.

More I found is FX update torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches) is no longer available, being incorporated in the newer generic patcher- http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=832

Also Sky Baron's Leigh Light file is now at v1.1
Old 07-12-13, 08:15 PM   #2108
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

added sobers 1100 13072013
SkyBaron's Leigh Light for SH5 1.1
sobers map colors SH5 V1
Old 07-13-13, 12:15 AM   #2109
Ebonholt
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

I've tinkered with and played SH5 for long enough now that I want to toy with it. What I had in mind would be experimenting with the equipment upgrades, but being an amateur as I am I can't wrestle the unlock packs to work with Sobers modlist. And I've grown so fond of how the game plays with all these mods that I can't bring myself to revert back to vanilla, this is too comfortable (and the vanilla crew is ugly).

If there is a mod compatible with this modslist that unlocks all equipment on day 1, and/or for for zero renown, I'm missing it. But if there is, please tell, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by Ebonholt; 07-13-13 at 01:35 AM.
Ebonholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-13, 05:50 AM   #2110
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonholt View Post
...If there is a mod compatible with this modslist that unlocks all equipment on day 1, and/or for for zero renown, I'm missing it. But if there is, please tell, I'd really appreciate it.
Just disable Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober and start a new campaign..
As for renown, you should/can manually edit the file Ammunition.upc and UpgradePacks.upc.. just open them using Notepad and further all is simply..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-13, 11:59 AM   #2111
zero2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 105

Just donated and downloaded the "complete" zip file a few days ago from the bonus mods area. when compared to the list on page 1, seems a few of the items in the zip are out of date? manually downloading a few now.

also note, i'm on fresh install, and the game did not autoupdate for some reason. had to manually find the updater in the subfolder. found this out after trying to apply patch via the generic patcher.

edit: also, does the generic patcher automatically "apply" the patches, or do i need to enable it like a mod via JSGME?

applied patch (i think, just ran the generic patcher on the exe and applied snapshot)

tried running, get 2 errors.
#open error:#data/menu/skins/german/gui/upgrade/periscope.dds
got that when first loading, gets stuck at about 33% loading, have to alt-tab to see error box then hit OK.

after some extreme loading times (on a vertex4 SSD btw). finally get into menu, start my campaign, again very long loading times (like 5+ minutes), and get another error.
file not found: data/menu/gui/RecManual/CovFlagWorld.dds

in game aint so bad once im in - tho sometimes framerates drop pretty bad.

Last edited by zero2005; 07-13-13 at 07:22 PM.
zero2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-13, 10:47 PM   #2112
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2005 View Post
Just donated and downloaded the "complete" zip file a few days ago from the bonus mods area. when compared to the list on page 1, seems a few of the items in the zip are out of date? manually downloading a few now.

also note, i'm on fresh install, and the game did not autoupdate for some reason. had to manually find the updater in the subfolder. found this out after trying to apply patch via the generic patcher.

edit: also, does the generic patcher automatically "apply" the patches, or do i need to enable it like a mod via JSGME?

applied patch (i think, just ran the generic patcher on the exe and applied snapshot)

tried running, get 2 errors.
#open error:#data/menu/skins/german/gui/upgrade/periscope.dds
got that when first loading, gets stuck at about 33% loading, have to alt-tab to see error box then hit OK.

after some extreme loading times (on a vertex4 SSD btw). finally get into menu, start my campaign, again very long loading times (like 5+ minutes), and get another error.
file not found: data/menu/gui/RecManual/CovFlagWorld.dds

in game aint so bad once im in - tho sometimes framerates drop pretty bad.
The periscope dds and the CovFlagWorld.dds are from the EXE patcher enable game messages . I might do a new snapshot without that enabled . SH5 is a very resource hungry game . If you use antilag its slow loading .
Old 07-14-13, 12:03 AM   #2113
Ebonholt
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Just disable Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober and start a new campaign..
As for renown, you should/can manually edit the file Ammunition.upc and UpgradePacks.upc.. just open them using Notepad and further all is simply..
Thank you, thank you. That worked wonderfully.

Last edited by Ebonholt; 07-15-13 at 11:07 AM.
Ebonholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 09:51 AM   #2114
geoguy
Nub

Downloads: 37
Default Sorry, but I'm confused

Hello,
I'm completely new to SH5 modding (and SH5 in general, but I have played SH3 quite extensively). Anyway, I was told that SH5 was just great with Sober's mod compilation so I figured I give it a try. However, I'm confused now. I couldn't really figure out the sequence of installing things from the first few posts. I found Singed's post on page 102 which already helped, but there's still a few things left I do not understand. Any help would be highly appreciated

Here's what I did so far:
- I downloaded the mod compilation from the bonus mods section
- I downloaded the Generic Patcher and Sober's .gps snapshot file
- I used JSGME and Sober's .med file to identify missing mods, downloaded them and put them into the MODS folder

Now, I have a few specific questions:
1) Do I have to unzip the mods contained within the Generic Patcher download into my MODS folder? I guess so, since the torpedo patches listed in Sober's mod list have to be present for activation with JSGME, right? I found several tutorials on the Generic Patcher, but they seemed to apply to different versions (some had to be activated using JSGME, the newer ones apparently not), and I am not quite sure I understand how the current version has to be used.

2) When exactly do I activate the mods in JSGME using Sober's .med file? Do I have to skip the tutorial and create a save game in the bunker first for this snorkel mod to work?

3) When do I use the generic patcher? Prior to mod activation in JSGME?

4) The mod "Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs TDC ByTheDarkWraith 27.05.2013" as per the OP does not exist anymore. Can I just use the newer version (part 1 through 3) from the respective thread and insert the new version's folder names into the .med file using notepad?

Apologies for the (probably) stupid questions, but I just spent half a day reading this thread and others trying to figure it out by myself... and I obviously failed

Cheers!
geoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 10:47 AM   #2115
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoguy View Post
Hello,
I'm completely new to SH5 modding (and SH5 in general, but I have played SH3 quite extensively). Anyway, I was told that SH5 was just great with Sober's mod compilation so I figured I give it a try. However, I'm confused now. I couldn't really figure out the sequence of installing things from the first few posts. I found Singed's post on page 102 which already helped, but there's still a few things left I do not understand. Any help would be highly appreciated

Here's what I did so far:
- I downloaded the mod compilation from the bonus mods section
- I downloaded the Generic Patcher and Sober's .gps snapshot file
- I used JSGME and Sober's .med file to identify missing mods, downloaded them and put them into the MODS folder

Now, I have a few specific questions:
1) Do I have to unzip the mods contained within the Generic Patcher download into my MODS folder? I guess so, since the torpedo patches listed in Sober's mod list have to be present for activation with JSGME, right? I found several tutorials on the Generic Patcher, but they seemed to apply to different versions (some had to be activated using JSGME, the newer ones apparently not), and I am not quite sure I understand how the current version has to be used.

2) When exactly do I activate the mods in JSGME using Sober's .med file? Do I have to skip the tutorial and create a save game in the bunker first for this snorkel mod to work?

3) When do I use the generic patcher? Prior to mod activation in JSGME?

4) The mod "Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs TDC ByTheDarkWraith 27.05.2013" as per the OP does not exist anymore. Can I just use the newer version (part 1 through 3) from the respective thread and insert the new version's folder names into the .med file using notepad?

Apologies for the (probably) stupid questions, but I just spent half a day reading this thread and others trying to figure it out by myself... and I obviously failed

Cheers!
for question 1-2 read here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...76&postcount=1
3. yes u can add all parts to mod list using the note pad ....

4. u can use the generic patcher when u wish for or after instralling the mods
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote