SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-12, 06:50 PM   #1606
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Best. Mod. EVER.
Oh, to our PC Overlords. Please have pity on our pathetic console hearts and grant us, just but the ability to mod. With this gift we will further be in your subservience for all of eternity.

Sincerely,

Your (Jealous) console players.
Old 04-25-12, 09:59 PM   #1607
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Just went hunting and out of two kills that I got with the bow, both were killcams. They're quite nice, but I hope not every bow kill is like this.
Old 04-26-12, 11:08 AM   #1608
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 0

Very nice pics frau kaleun
Old 04-26-12, 04:23 PM   #1609
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Very nice pics frau kaleun
Danke!

Now a question for you modder types and console command afficionados... was discussing multiple followers with someone at the Bethesda forums (we both use a mod for that) and he mentioned wanting to include Marcurio in entourage. I cautioned against it because M. likes to use Chain Lightning A LOT which IME inevitably ricochets onto any allies in the area and either kills them (has happened a lot to stray dogs) or causes them to go aggro on him.

For that reason if I hire him I almost always have him wait somewhere out of the area if I am doing anything that assigns me a temporary additional follower, or stuff like the CW quests where I have a bunch of friendly soldiers fighting alongside me.

Anyway the other person mentioned that he would just remove Chain Lightning from Marcurio's spell repertoire and replace it with something less problematic. I asked how he was going to do that but so far he hasn't replied.

So I'm asking here, is there a way through console commands that you can open up an NPC's "skillset" and remove something from it, like a particular spell, and then add something else to it instead? Or can you create a plugin for that sort of thing fairly easily in the CK? I don't even care about adding another spell to replace Chain Lightning, really, but if I could make him stop using it that would be awesome.

Edit: okay I did find console commands for adding and removing spells, now I'm wondering... will that be saved in my saved games or will I have to do it every time I go in to play? Hmmmm and I can't tell from the description if the commands can be used for NPCs, or just for the player.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 04-26-12 at 04:51 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-12, 08:57 PM   #1610
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Danke!

Now a question for you modder types and console command afficionados... was discussing multiple followers with someone at the Bethesda forums (we both use a mod for that) and he mentioned wanting to include Marcurio in entourage. I cautioned against it because M. likes to use Chain Lightning A LOT which IME inevitably ricochets onto any allies in the area and either kills them (has happened a lot to stray dogs) or causes them to go aggro on him.

For that reason if I hire him I almost always have him wait somewhere out of the area if I am doing anything that assigns me a temporary additional follower, or stuff like the CW quests where I have a bunch of friendly soldiers fighting alongside me.

Anyway the other person mentioned that he would just remove Chain Lightning from Marcurio's spell repertoire and replace it with something less problematic. I asked how he was going to do that but so far he hasn't replied.

So I'm asking here, is there a way through console commands that you can open up an NPC's "skillset" and remove something from it, like a particular spell, and then add something else to it instead? Or can you create a plugin for that sort of thing fairly easily in the CK? I don't even care about adding another spell to replace Chain Lightning, really, but if I could make him stop using it that would be awesome.

Edit: okay I did find console commands for adding and removing spells, now I'm wondering... will that be saved in my saved games or will I have to do it every time I go in to play? Hmmmm and I can't tell from the description if the commands can be used for NPCs, or just for the player.
Hmm, AFAIK any console commands are mostly geared towards the player. I remember in Oblivion you had to write " xxxx PC xxxx". Now, perhaps if you replace PC with M.'s ID it'd work but IMO it would only be during your session. It probably won't carry over through saves.

Otherwise, try going into the games files and finding Ms. skillset and delete that spell from his repertoir. However, that will delete it from him forever (or at least until you mod it back).
Old 04-27-12, 10:35 AM   #1611
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Well, you can "target" an NPC by clicking on him or typing in the correct ID and use some console commands on them. The wiki only gives directions for using add/remove spell commands on the player, but it is formatted like some other commands that you *can* use for an NPC if you have the ID or can target him/her.

I don't know, there's got to be a way to do it, if I could have it as a plugin that just modifies him that would be fine. Don't know how to do it though. There was a program out there that would let you look at an NPC's files and change them around but I can't remember what it was called.
Old 04-27-12, 11:46 AM   #1612
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Well, you can "target" an NPC by clicking on him or typing in the correct ID and use some console commands on them. The wiki only gives directions for using add/remove spell commands on the player, but it is formatted like some other commands that you *can* use for an NPC if you have the ID or can target him/her.

I don't know, there's got to be a way to do it, if I could have it as a plugin that just modifies him that would be fine. Don't know how to do it though. There was a program out there that would let you look at an NPC's files and change them around but I can't remember what it was called.
somehow lost my reply.. brb..

Edit:..

removespell <spell ID>

Removes a specific spell from a character's spell book. Also works with powers, abilities, blessings, and diseases, but not shouts For a spell's ID code, see the page for its corresponding magic school, indexed at Spells. For other applicable IDs, see: Powers and Abilities, Blessings, or Diseases.

E.g., player.removespell 00092c48 will remove the "Beast Form" power from the player's spell book.

Now, note how you must input "player" and then .removespell ID for this to work. Try inputting M.'s ID instead of player and then the corresponding spell ID and see if it works.
Old 04-27-12, 12:10 PM   #1613
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Now, note how you must input "player" and then .removespell ID for this to work. Try inputting M.'s ID instead of player and then the corresponding spell ID and see if it works.
I would actually think you just need to open the console, then target the NPC (you will see their Base ID appear in the top, centre of the console) then just use: removespell <spell ID>.

That is how it works with "addspell" so it stands to reason it would work to remove one.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 12:13 PM   #1614
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
I would actually think you just need to open the console, then target the NPC (you will see their Base ID appear in the top, centre of the console) then just use: removespell <spell ID>.

That is how it works with "addspell" so it stands to reason it would work to remove one.
that could work also, but I'd assume that one could input this at the start of any player (as in when you restart a character) and then, when you meet M. you wouldn't have to fuss around with clicking and deleting, etc.

Also, I don't play Skyrim on PC, so I'm not well versed in the intricacies of using the console in this game.
Old 04-27-12, 12:17 PM   #1615
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

I've just got back into this again after not really playing it for a while. Two things: The full three word powershout unrelenting 'fusty roll!' force shout thing is ace fun. I'm having a ball with pinging cave bears off trees and all that sort of nonsense, and Steam workshop is great. It's a top innovation. I'm off to scour the workshop for a cool sword and armour set to compliment the 'busy serial killing total psycho man about town' thing I've got going on.

Sweet.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 05:01 PM   #1616
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:

Yeah, I've used console commands on targeted NPCs before. I just don't have any documentation stating that the add/remove spell commands work on them in addition to the player. Seems logical that they would, but who knows. Also don't know if using the command carries over with your saves or not, if I have to do it every time I load up I might as well look at ways to permanently remove it with a plugin or something.

OH GODS I DO NOT NEED TO START MAKING MODS FOR SKYRIM SOMEBODY STOP ME!!

Anyway it will probably be a while before I meet Marcurio in the game, so I don't need to worry about it right away. Still playing out the CW and it never seemed right to have him involved much in that anyway.

Also I killed me a dragon this week with poisoned arrows and melee so I'm feeling better about not having a ranged magic user around 24/7. Technically Stenvar helped but still, no magic except for 2/3 of the Unrelenting Force shout. Found out the Slow poison actually works on dragons, I guess by the time I tried it before my weapons were so OPed that we usually one-or two-shot everything so I never really saw the effect of it. It was fun watching him derp around at half speed while peppering him with arrows.

Altho the first time I got overconfident and ran right up to his head with my greatsword drawn, thinking I would get an awesome kill shot because he only had the teeniest tiniest amount of health left. Sadly it was just enough to chomp right down over the top half of my body and shake me around like a rag doll and then toss me away like the dead fool I was when he was done with me.

On the plus side, the killcam for that was pretty awesome.
Old 04-27-12, 08:57 PM   #1617
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Sadly it was just enough to chomp right down over the top half of my body and shake me around like a rag doll and then toss me away like the dead fool I was when he was done with me.

On the plus side, the killcam for that was pretty awesome.
I've had that one about three times from the same Bloody Blood Dragon, the best one is when he gets you as you're healing, so by the time you're killed, you're actually at full health and the magic animation is still going.

I wonder if that would make me a zombie...or, god forbid, a Draugr...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 12:57 AM   #1618
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
OH GODS I DO NOT NEED TO START MAKING MODS FOR SKYRIM SOMEBODY STOP ME!!
STOP!!

I am pretty sure that anything you change in the console will be saved, I haven't tried manipulating an NPCs skills myself though.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 11:24 AM   #1619
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I've had that one about three times from the same Bloody Blood Dragon, the best one is when he gets you as you're healing, so by the time you're killed, you're actually at full health and the magic animation is still going.
Mine was a blood dragon as well, I was on my way to clean out the bandits in Uttering Hill Cave and he attacked the mill on the river to the west of Windhelm.

Quote:
STOP!!

I am pretty sure that anything you change in the console will be saved, I haven't tried manipulating an NPCs skills myself though.
Well I will certainly try the console first and see what happens. If not...

Actually I'm looking to get into the CK and see how you go about changing the sound file that plays for certain things, I know it's possible as there are already mods out there for that. What I would like to do is replace the thunderclap that plays when Ulfric shouts in battle with the Fus Ro Dah shout used for the Nordic male player character. I never play a male character so I never hear it anyway, and Draugr shouts use something completely different.

But I will be doing the battle for Solitude soon and would like to have it before that, because that's probably the only time I will ever hear him shout in the game unless I decide to use the spouse/follower mod for him to make him a follower, which I can't see doing very often. I don't know if I want to try fooling with it right now but we'll see. At this point I don't even know if I have what I need to unpack whatever file all the game sounds are in.
Old 04-28-12, 02:01 PM   #1620
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Oh, to our PC Overlords. Please have pity on our pathetic console hearts and grant us, just but the ability to mod. With this gift we will further be in your subservience for all of eternity.

Sincerely,

Your (Jealous) console players.

I do not see how something similar to the steam workshop could be integrated to Live or PSN.

I suspect it is a hardware issue, rather than a greed issue.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote