Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-18, 03:54 AM   #526
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Motive Attribution Asymmetry.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 05:04 AM   #527
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That article has a lot in common with my oersonal beliefs Sky

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 09:02 AM   #528
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That article has a lot in common with my oersonal beliefs Sky
By now I would expect that from you.
Old 08-17-18, 10:38 AM   #529
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

You obviously know me too well

Old 08-17-18, 11:26 AM   #530
Skybird
Soaring

I now know you better than 12 years and 127 thousand posts earlier.
Old 08-21-18, 05:07 AM   #531
Skybird
Soaring

Brilliant, concise observations of the contemporary status of Germany. The author is German, the article was published in the Neue Zürcher Zeitung (Switzerland). Its one of the few German-tongued newspapers left that is worth to pay attention to.

https://translate.google.de/translat...ann-ld.1411764

Original Swiss source: LINK
Old 08-21-18, 05:41 AM   #532
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Quite an interesting article Sky.

Old 08-24-18, 08:28 AM   #533
Skybird
Soaring

(Über)leben in Berlin Wedding.

https://translate.google.de/translat...tel&edit-text=

Wedding is a central city district of Berlin and one of the frontlines where German progressive multicultural claim crashes head-on into the concrete of reality. If you want to visit the Middle East, cut short your trip and save money and visit Wedding instead, the impressions will be the same. In this essay, its late 1944, the Germans are in full retreat.

Hm. Maybe not the timeline, but the rest of that sentence is correct.

I did not live in there, we lived in peaceful, burgoise (1980s...) Friedenau when we were in Westberlin. But still I know Wedding, b ack then, and last 15 years ago. Already 15 years ago, it was a sad sight to see. Cannot have become better, the state of Berlin has the by far worst of all bad governments in Germany's federal states (SPD, Die Linke and the Greens in coalition).

Sad story. The outlook looks even more grim. The author is 64 and lives in third generation in that district. All his friends already have fled. Germans like him are a minority in that quarter.

Original German source: LINK

Last edited by Skybird; 08-24-18 at 01:47 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 02:58 PM   #534
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
(Über)leben in Berlin Wedding.

https://translate.google.de/translat...tel&edit-text=

Wedding is a central city district of Berlin and one of the frontlines where German progressive multicultural claim crashes head-on into the concrete of reality. If you want to visit the Middle East, cut short your trip and save money and visit Wedding instead, the impressions will be the same. In this essay, its late 1944, the Germans are in full retreat.

Hm. Maybe not the timeline, but the rest of that sentence is correct.

I did not live in there, we lived in peaceful, burgoise (1980s...) Friedenau when we were in Westberlin. But still I know Wedding, b ack then, and last 15 years ago. Already 15 years ago, it was a sad sight to see. Cannot have become better, the state of Berlin has the by far worst of all bad governments in Germany's federal states (SPD, Die Linke and the Greens in coalition).

Sad story. The outlook looks even more grim. The author is 64 and lives in third generation in that district. All his friends already have fled. Germans like him are a minority in that quarter.

Original German source: LINK
Mhmm ... interesting, right-wing populism in pure culture.

"Achgut.com" ="Die Achse des Guten"

that means - quote:
"As part of his anthology on counter-publicity in business journalism Lutz Frühbrodt located The Axis of Good 2017" on the political right. "The blog practice" above all criticism of Islam, on the left and on (also supposedly left) media. "The economic policy plays only a minor role, "although in the articles usually a free-market, sometimes radical market attitude" resonate. "

Read here:
http://translate.google.com/translat...chse_des_Guten

Old 08-24-18, 04:19 PM   #535
Catfish

The "Achse des Guten" is simply anti-islamic and anti-anything that represents common sense. It is the voice of the (felt) unheard, embracing everything that the "common people" complain about. High fuel prices, unfair treatment by "them", "Überfremdung" and a general feeling of being cheated. Facts or reason of conditions leading to the situation have not much to do with it, but the numbers of those believing it are growing, destabilizing what was once called law, and order. Do not believe this axis is made by right wing idiots though, they are – astonishingly – quite intelligent. They (ab)use the new media for their special message to the common people, while keeping a good intellectual distance and looking down upon their followers. Nigel Farage is a good example of it, as is Trump.

If people forget their education, culture and knowledge because someone provides simple and easy and mostly wrong solutions for complex problems, the path is predictable. We have seen this before.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-24-18 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-24-18, 04:33 PM   #536
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The "Achse des Guten" is simply anti-islamic and anti-anything that represents common sense. It is the voice of the (felt) unheard, embracing everything that the "common people" complain about. High fuel prices, unfair treatment by "them", "Überfremdung" and a general feeling of being cheated. Facts or reason of conditions leading to the situation have not much to do with it, but the numbers of those believing it are growing, destabilizing what was once called law and order. Nigel Farage is a good example of it, as is Trump.
If people forget their education, culture and knowledge becasue someone provides simple and easy and mostly wrong solutions for complex problems, the path is predictable. We have seen this before.
Correct.

Let's ask @Skybird why he posts such nonsense here.
Old 08-24-18, 05:00 PM   #537
Skybird
Soaring

Because I do not share Catfish'S populist assessment of the Achse. That website has questionable authors, namely in the branch of climate, and experts you need to get your homework done well in order to challenge them on their own turf, so one always needs to look who is writing and about what. A general condemnation as Catfish posted, only illustrates the fact that him and Die Achse are total enemies to each other. Its just that I agree with quite some stuff they post. Especially articles by Günther Ederer and Gunnar Heinsohn, also often the most entertainingly polemics by Henryk Broder. And one thing is clear. Broder and Catfish have as good a chance to become close friends like Broder and Claudia Roth.

Its not about the place something is posted in. Its the content of the individual article. I know Wedding a bit, and Berlin, I lived there for ten years, went to school there, and after that time repeatedly was in the city for visits, and had friends there and former colleagues, for years to come after I already had left. Its around fourty years that I know Berlin a bit. I know all too well what that man writing this essay talks of, even more sicne the mentioned former colleagues of mine were in the field of social work and psychology, like myself at that time (their expertise trumped mine, however, i left the branch, they stayed with it). The writings were on the walls already 15 years ago.

LINK

LINK2

Nur für euch zwei. Weil ihr's seid.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-24-18 at 05:14 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 05:33 PM   #538
Catfish

Don't do your Trump stuff on me. Don't try to turn things around or put words in my mouth, or try to turn them around.
You are the populist here, just like this oh-so-hip axis, and you know damn well exactly what this polemic media abuse is all about.
This 'axis' makes hate against foreigners socially acceptable, which is why Broder gets so much applause from the far right Nazis.
The good right against the evil left, where 'left' is what good old polemic Broder tells you. He wants to polarize and split the society by faking "good intentions" to "enlighten" the dumb masses he spits on.
This site is blacklisted as spreading fake and right-wing polemics, Broder should be ashamed what became of him, if he had any neuron left to think.

Quote from Broder:
„Man hat wirklich selten Gelegenheit, solche Gefühlskälte, Mitleidlosigkeit und Brutalität im Gewande der Sachlichkeit am lebenden Objekt studieren zu können. Das durchgehalten zu haben, und dabei – abgesehen von Ausnahmen menschlicher Schwächen – anständig geblieben zu sein, das hat unsere Besten hart gemacht.“
You remember this? This is a hint at Himmlers' speech using the same words, to remain hard against those lefts and foreigners (and keep killing them) and be proud of doing so.

But then, twisting and turning like Farage or Trump he says that journalists ridiculing him are the new SS, in his queer mind:
https://uebermedien.de/6935/broder-r...-naehe-der-ss/
English translation.
He is on the same level as Akif Pirinci. It almost seems as if people lose so much brain cells when getting old that they automatically fall back in the right wing corner and shift back in time into those glorious years.

So Wedding is 'überfremdet', eh? Time to open those concentration camps again.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-24-18 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-24-18, 08:03 PM   #539
Skybird
Soaring

Thanks for dropping your mask so easily. Saves me a lot of typing.
Old 08-25-18, 02:36 AM   #540
Catfish

^ No mask, I have said this since decades, all the time. Refugees are not immigrants.
So you believe people like Henryk M. Broder, Uwe Tellkamp, ​​Thilo Sarrazin, Matthias Matussek, Vera Lengsfeld, Matthias Moosdorf, Uwe Steimle, Eva Herman and Max Otte. The usual: "deport", "Merkel must go away", "resistance", "traitors to the people", "we are the people" and so on. They twist and turn the paroles of others from 1990, to make it look as of it was now the common people's idea, while they only have disdain for the latter.

Following them all this right wing crap should now be socially aceptable and legitimized, pulled out of the right corner with its xenophobia, Islamophobia and disdain for democracy. This includes the selection and exclusion rhetoric of Sarrazin, Pegida and AfD, humanitarian coldness towards strangers, national egotism, anti-Europeanism, and open sympathy for autocratic systems.
Words used like "Überfremdung", "Umvolkung" and what they write in their pamphlets is crystal clear jargon of those "thousand years". Not that this is reserved for Germany only, recently.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-25-18 at 02:04 PM.