Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Icon8 Why I hate people.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...422-story.html

Woman caught on camera dumping bag of newborn puppies in Coachella trash bin

Quote:
A woman seen on video dumping a plastic bag filled with puppies in a Coachella trash bin on a day when temperatures were in the 90s is being sought by Riverside County authorities on suspicion of animal cruelty.

A man rummaging through a dumpster behind a Napa Auto Parts store at 49251 Grapefruit Blvd. found the clear bag just after 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon and brought it into the business, according to Riverside County Department of Animal Services.

The bag contained seven puppies, believed to be terrier mixes, which were approximately 3 days old, authorities said.

Surveillance video released by authorities shows a woman in a tank-top and short skirt pulling up behind the store in a white Jeep Wrangler. Carrying the bag in one hand, she opens the lid of a receptacle used for recycling, peers inside and then closes it. She then tossed the bag atop an open, full trash bin next to it and drove away, authorities said.

Afternoon temperatures in Coachella that day were in the mid-90s, according to the National Weather Service.

“There is no excuse for dumping puppies,” Riverside County Animal Services Cmdr. Chris Mayer said in a statement. “Especially in today’s age when we or other shelters would be willing to get these animals to foster parents or rescue partners. This was a shameful act.”

Mayer said Animal Services officers are working with sheriff’s investigators and trying to build “a strong animal cruelty case.”

John Welsh, a spokesman for Animal Services, told The Times that authorities have “full knowledge” of who the woman is and are trying to find her. Animal Services officers, he said, have the authority to make arrests.

The woman’s name has not been released. Welsh said she has a history of criminal offenses, including embezzlement and vehicle code violations.

The man who brought the puppies inside the store minutes after they were dumped is believed to be a transient, Welsh said. The man, identified only by his first name, John, found the puppies just a few minutes after they were discarded, Welsh said.

“They would have been on their way to the dump,” said Welsh, adding that the puppies likely would have quickly suffocated if not for the man finding them. “It’s a shock that these pups survived.”

Welsh said the bag containing the puppies was tied shut, and the animals had no ventilation. He said he was personally horrified that the bag was clear and that the woman would have been able to see the puppies before discarding them.

The pups were taken to a Riverside County Animal Services campus, where they were cared for by veterinarians. The county partnered with MeoowzResQ, an Orange-based organization that specializes in cat rescue. MeoowzResQ agreed to foster and bottle-feed the puppies, authorities said.

Welsh said that although MeoowzResQ works with cats, authorities had to move quickly because of the puppies’ age, and the organization offered to help. Bottle-feeding a cat or a dog that young requires much of the same kind of care, he said.

Welsh said it’s difficult for an animal that young to survive bottle-feeding and that if the animals die, the woman is at fault.

“That’s on her,” he said. “That’s a horrendous, conscious decision someone made.”
What kind of monster does such a thing?

To deliberately want to cause an animal to die a suffering death is a sign of a dangerous mental illness, in my opinion.
Old 04-22-19, 10:31 PM   #2
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Am I the only one who is like: What the **** is Coachella and why is everyone and their dead mother talking about it?

But knowing there are hot places in Hell for these kinds of people helps me sleep at night. That and making sure I love my animals more than life itself.
Old 04-23-19, 03:59 AM   #3
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Animal cruelty is the quickest way to be a honorable member of my sh*tlist, you promoted yourself to be the lowest form of life on earth and I wish upon thee the misfortune you truly deserve.
Old 04-23-19, 06:13 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Made to do the Walk of Shame would be a fitting sentence.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 06:52 AM   #5
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I saw this on the news and thought the same as the rest of you. My understanding is the puppies are in the care of rescue workers and doing well. I wonder how many cases like this happen and no one finds the unfortunate animals.

Life in any form comes pretty cheap these days.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 06:54 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

@Platapus, I order you a daily dose of r/HumansBeingBros
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 10:21 AM   #7
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

While it's well established people can do horrible things to each other and animals, there are always good people out there if we look.

A young man and his 2 friends were eating and noticed an older woman eating alone and invited her to join them. She accepted and told them she was a widow and would have been celebrating her 60 Anniversary the following day.

These men could have simply eaten their meal among themselves but chose to share that meal with someone who was obliviously hurting. There were under no obligation or had any responsibilities to the older woman and / or her well being. This is humanity at it's best.

In the tapestry of life in which we are all threads, I don't believe these to be merely accidents.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/men-...132549254.html

You decide.
Old 04-23-19, 10:55 AM   #8
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
It always has. All you have to do is take a passing glance at any period in history. I try not to think about some of the things I've read. I think the only difference now is that anyone can show anything instantly. The good part is that we do have the technology to catch at least some of these...people.

I haven't always been the best person, but I've had my own share of moments like the one you posted above. When I was homeless I rode the bus and train a lot, and was always running into people from out of town, and when they asked directions, and having nothing else to do, I enjoyed taking them where they wanted to go.

And I had a moment similar to what you linked. I was just leaving a Wendy's when a young couple approached me and asked for a couple of dollars so they could get some food. I have a deep distrust of panhandlers, and being homeless myself just made that worse. I've seen how some of those people operate. I told them I didn't have any cash, but I'd be glad to buy them both dinner. I guess they really were down-and-out, because their eyes lit up and asked "Really?" So we went back into the Wendy's and I told them to order whatever they wanted. They asked how they could pay me back and I said the look on their faces was worth it.

And sometimes it is.
Old 04-23-19, 11:45 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Bookmarked

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 01:28 PM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Same here. It took me awhile because I couldn't make myself stop reading them.
Old 04-23-19, 01:35 PM   #11
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quick update to this thread by Platapus. The woman caught on video tossing the puppies in the trash has been apprehended and arrested and charged with 7 counts of animal cruelty.

https://abc7.com/54-year-old-woman-a...mping/5265238/

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/22/coach...rest-imminent/

Book her, Dano.
Old 04-23-19, 03:48 PM   #12
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

I try to spend as much time as I can on Goodnewsnetwork.org

It helps establish some balance.
Old 04-23-19, 08:14 PM   #13
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post

I haven't always been the best person, but I've had my own share of moments like the one you posted above. When I was homeless I rode the bus and train a lot, and was always running into people from out of town, and when they asked directions, and having nothing else to do, I enjoyed taking them where they wanted to go.

And I had a moment similar to what you linked. I was just leaving a Wendy's when a young couple approached me and asked for a couple of dollars so they could get some food. I have a deep distrust of panhandlers, and being homeless myself just made that worse. I've seen how some of those people operate. I told them I didn't have any cash, but I'd be glad to buy them both dinner. I guess they really were down-and-out, because their eyes lit up and asked "Really?" So we went back into the Wendy's and I told them to order whatever they wanted. They asked how they could pay me back and I said the look on their faces was worth it.

And sometimes it is.

I think we have all tried to do what you have and make a difference. The world would be a better place if we all just tried. I think it happens more often than is reported because those that do help don't want recognition. They do it because it's the right thing to do at the time.

Our journalism / news reporters have given way to " tabloid news reporting. " Reporting the worst stories they can find generates revenue. Sad but true. People that go out of their way to help others isn't considered news worthy which is very sad. I think people going out of their way to help others happens more than is known and these quiet warriors merely soldier on in anonymity. I personally know of quite a few.

In this way, I think news reporters / stations give a very slanted portrayal of society and in essence, is a dis service to it's viewers. I try not to listen to the news when I come home but instead, turn on the stereo.
Old 04-24-19, 12:08 AM   #14
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I saw this on the news and thought the same as the rest of you. My understanding is the puppies are in the care of rescue workers and doing well. I wonder how many cases like this happen and no one finds the unfortunate animals.

Oh God, I don't want to think about that. **** me running, I'm thinking about it......

I'm just glad that old dude found them. Somebody pay for that man to live in a 5 star hotel room for a few months.
Old 04-24-19, 04:47 AM   #15
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Quick update to this thread by Platapus. The woman caught on video tossing the puppies in the trash has been apprehended and arrested and charged with 7 counts of animal cruelty.

Book her, Dano.

God damn thought look at that piece of work, that's how Crazy in California looks like I'd say.