Closed Thread

Old 04-21-19, 05:09 PM   #6961
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Without the vast corruption of the previous administration and the corruption of Trump's opponent there wouldn't even be a Mueller report. If Trump's opponent wasn't sooooo corrupt she might not even have been Trump's opponent, and Bernie Sanders might be president right now. LMAO

Deflection shields on full, Mr. Sulu.
Old 04-21-19, 06:12 PM   #6962
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

The biggest takeaway I see from the recently released Mueller report is the utter failure of the Left wing MSM. What we had here were two major news stories that were happening at about the same time. Some people were involved in both stories. One story was the accusation that Donald Trump, some of his family and his campaign to elect him President conspired with the Russians to steal the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton. Let's call that story #1. Another story is that the outgoing administration of Barack Obama has been accused of weaponizing the DOJ, FBI and other agencies to thwart the election of Trump and then hamper his administration. Let's call that story #2. In a perfect world of completely non biased news reporting both stories, which are very compelling, would be investigated and reported on. But of course that is not what happened. The Progressive, left wing news media rode story #1 to death and ignored story #2. There are likely two possibilities here. One is that these people aren't smart enough to walk and chew gum at the same time or their political bias would not let them do the right thing.

Well it turns out that story #1 was a bust. But it wasn't for a lack of effort by the MSM. Some people involved in story #2, James Clapper and John Brennan were even hired by the MSM to push story #1 and push it they did, making some embarassing predictions while doing so. Other people involved in story #2 wrote books, James Comey and Andrew McCabe, and the MSM had them on to promote said books and push story #1.

Well story #2 is still unfolding but don't get your hopes up that Rachel Maddow or Brian Stelter are going to call for a closer look. It isn't going to happen. Instead they'll keep pushing story #1, probably with the same results.

Story # 2, if true would be the biggest scandal in US political history. Watergate and Nixon would not even come close. You would think that possibility would be worth a bit of curiosity. Certainly as much as hookers peeing on a bed.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 04-21-19, 08:40 PM   #6963
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Trump was under investigation by a Republican Special Counsel appointed by a Republican Deputy Attorney General (who was appointed by Trump) to investigate his firing of the Republican director of the (traditionally conservative) FBI who was investigating allegations of collusion already.

Yeah, damn those Democrats!
Oh it's no secret that there were those who call themselves Republicans but are really just Statists at heart. The Deep State is mostly apolitical although they do tend to favor the left due to their desire for ever bigger and more powerful government.
But all that is besides the point. You parroted a fake media story and I gave you the rest of it. It is what it is. No need to get defensive right?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-22-19, 03:06 PM   #6964
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

https://www.ft.com/content/2f6e8006-...c-98bf1d35a056

Quote:
The number of Democrats aiming to topple Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election is about to hit a record 20 contenders as Joe Biden prepares for an expected campaign launch this week.

Seth Moulton, a Massachusetts congressman who served four combat tours in Iraq, on Monday became the 19th contender to join a Democratic field that has already eclipsed the 17 Republicans who ran for the presidential nomination in 2016. Mr Biden, the former vice-president who remains the leader in early polling, is expected to announce his bid on Wednesday.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 04-22-19, 03:31 PM   #6965
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have not read this partial report from Mueller.

Have only heard about it on the news here in Denmark and Sweden.

As I see it there is two side on this case

1. Trump did not cooperate with the Russians.

2. Russian tried to affect the election in 2016. And Trump knew about this(have heard this a few times on Danish and Swedish news programs)

I would lie if I said I know the Law in USA, I doubt that it's legal to
retain information about a crime who's about to happen, in process or have happened

So if the laws in USA is almost the same as here when it comes to retain information about a crime, then Trump have done something wrong.

I do remember Platapus telling me you can't prosecute a President, like you prosecute a normal person if this have committed a crime.

Markus
Old 04-22-19, 05:01 PM   #6966
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
2. Russian tried to affect the election in 2016. And Trump knew about this(have heard this a few times on Danish and Swedish news programs)

Candidate Trump did not have any inside knowledge of Russian efforts so that theory doesn't wash Markus.

On the other hand President Obama certainly knew of Russian efforts to affect US elections which began long before the 2016 election, but ridiculed Mitt Romney when he tried to shed light on the problem.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-22-19, 05:06 PM   #6967
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have not read this partial report from Mueller.

Have only heard about it on the news here in Denmark and Sweden.

As I see it there is two side on this case

1. Trump did not cooperate with the Russians.

I would lie if I said I know the Law in USA, I doubt that it's legal to
retain information about a crime who's about to happen, in process or have happened

So if the laws in USA is almost the same as here when it comes to retain information about a crime, then Trump have done something wrong.

I do remember Platapus telling me you can't prosecute a President, like you prosecute a normal person if this have committed a crime.

Markus

In case you, or anyone else, is interested in reading the actual report (I'm still going through it), here is a direct link to the PDF posting of the report on the Special Counsel's Office website:

Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election --

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

Some light reading before bedtime...

<O>
Old 04-24-19, 07:06 AM   #6968
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Although I would probably disagree with Matt Taibbi on a lot of issues, I admire him for saying things that most Left/Progressive journalists will not say.

The Press Will Learn Nothing From the Russiagate Fiasco

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-media-826246/

Quote:
..it’s shocking to see national media voices after the release of Robert Mueller’s report patting each other on the back, congratulating themselves for a three-year faceplant they must know will haunt the whole business for a long time.
Quote:
So, yay journalism! You were more truthful than Donald Trump, at times. This is like being proud of beating a fish at Boggle.

We’re not trying to be right more often than Trump — we’re trying to not be wrong, ever. It’s a standard, not a competition.
Quote:
News audiences were betrayed, and sooner or later, even the most virulently Trump-despising demographics will realize it and tune us out. The only way to reverse the damage is to own how big of a screw-up this was, but after the last three years, who would hold their breath waiting for that?
Kudos Mr. Taibbi.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 04-24-19, 09:53 AM   #6969
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Oh jebus, now Trump's saying he'll go to the Supreme Court if Dems start impeachment proceedings.
Old 04-24-19, 11:42 AM   #6970
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Oh jebus, now Trump's saying he'll go to the Supreme Court if Dems start impeachment proceedings.

Needs a lesson on how the Government works,lol

Al Capone
Old 04-24-19, 04:38 PM   #6971
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Maybe we can send Trump copies of Schoolhouse Rock... as long as we send someone along to explain the hard words to him.
Old 04-24-19, 05:43 PM   #6972
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It seems like I must have misheard what those reporters on Danish and Swedish news program said a few days ago.

I have tried to recall my audio-visual memory.

So far I can remember words like-Democrats, obstruction and knowledge.

Tried to find article in both countries to see if they have written anything about it.

I could not find any.

So it must have been me, who have heard thing totally wrong.

Sorry Guys.

Markus
Old 04-24-19, 10:37 PM   #6973
Dowly
Lucky Jack

@mapuc:

- Mueller could not establish that Trump campaign coordinated/conspirated with the Russian government.
- Mueller did find evidence of Trump attempting to obstruct justice in I think 5(?) cases of the 10-11 he examined.
- Mueller did not find Trump not guilty of obstruction.

- What to do next is up to Congress.
Old 04-24-19, 10:53 PM   #6974
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Bill Clinton obstructed directly in front of the public... and he made it through! Trump will be fine, and re elected... no sweat.

What bothers me, is that Omar chick can clearly, and publicly hate Jews, and nothing happens to her.. or wait a mentally deranged woman like Ocasio-Cortez can rant and speak about... well... I really have no idea because I dont speak nutjob! What happened to all the straight jackets? Didn't we have a bunch of them?

And finally... Bernie Sanders! Really? Let me get this straight, and correct me if I'm wrong...

He wants to run our government, like the very one, that wanted to kill... yes KILL, him and his fellow Jews? Is that right?

So Normandy was a waste of dead bodies and effort?

What the hell is going on with these people?

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 04-24-19, 11:21 PM   #6975
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter