Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-19, 05:17 AM   #31
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The black hole or more commonly referred to in the UK as Brexit.
I want the bloody EU to disappear into it...Hello Mr Black Hole I got £20 for you to do a little job for me.

On a more serious note not bad but we need a much better picture.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 09:11 AM   #32
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Everything that is pulled into the singularity has to go somewhere doesnt it . Does the singularity get bigger or does the matter that makes up the singularity have mass and no mass at the same time ? or does the matter become just space (the blackness) . Does the event horizon get bigger over time ? These are questions i need to know .
The mass does not seize to exist, it accumulates inst5ead. So the gravity pull of the black hole grows stronger, I think. The picture they made, is not a photo of the hole itself, becasue sinc enothign escapes form a blakc hole, you cannbot catch up any emitting patrtciles, waves, whatever from it. Its like with "seeing" an insivisble man. We do not see the invisible man, but we can see the shadow he casts on the wall.

They said that the data on their harddrives had severla petabytes. Loads and loads of harddrives, several hundred kilograms in total weight. From this data, the images were constructed. Done four times, by four different teams. All teams' final results were not too different form each other, but different they were, which shows that these images are not "objective" visual photographies of somethign, but are artificial creations, thus I called them "illustrations". It is a data-based illustration of a black hole's "shadow" that its invisible presence casts on the matter and space around it.
Old 04-12-19, 11:27 AM   #33
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
You are splitting hairs. No one was expecting an image of the event horizon, even less the singularity itself, but an image of a black hole which we absolutely got. The image shows everything expected; the material disk, the distortion of the disk and the dark area caused by the black hole in the center.

If it's not an image of a black hole, then what is it in your mind?

In my current state of mind I perceive a shopped image of light being bent by strong gravitational forces. Though I have on occasion altered my perception of time and sometimes reality then got the munchies after smoking some dank purple hindu

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 12:04 PM   #34
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
They said that the data on their harddrives had severla petabytes. Loads and loads of harddrives, several hundred kilograms in total weight. From this data, the images were constructed. Done four times, by four different teams. All teams' final results were not too different form each other, but different they were, which shows that these images are not "objective" visual photographies of somethign, but are artificial creations, thus I called them "illustrations". It is a data-based illustration of a black hole's "shadow" that its invisible presence casts on the matter and space around it.
Sky speaks the truth even the colors are computer generated based on the temperture and then the yellows and the reds are added in. I saw a series of screens from the other contributing data gathering space experts and they were not all perfect like the one in the OP ... More questions than answers, but that is a good thing for todays youth to help then get involved in space science.

Can you imagine the amount of math it took to get a space craft with the ability to take these images of a black hole to the point in time that it is in right now?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 11:00 AM   #35
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Can you imagine the amount of math it took to get a space craft with the ability to take these images of a black hole to the point in time that it is in right now?
None?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 01:10 PM   #36
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Old 04-14-19, 01:32 PM   #37
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I blowed slightly more air through my nostrils than I usually do.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 01:55 PM   #38
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon9 AKTUNG'S 'ALIENATED' SLICE OF THE CONTINUUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
SINCE TIME IS AN ILLUSION; THERE' NO SUCH THING AS SIX MONTHS..... IT'S ACTUALLY THREE: SHORT STORY; THE PHOTO SHOWS HE WAS RIGHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERT
"the dividing line between past, present, and future is an illusion".
THANK GOD!...(IF HE EXISTS) AT (SO CALLED) AGE 68, AT LEAST I'M NOT DYING OF OLD AGE....MERELY 'CORPOREAL ENTROPY'

The term entropy and the term negentropy, should be regarded as attempts to supply terms which we would then seek to explain, for the difference between living and dying or dead processes. https://archive.schillerinstitute.co...egentropy.html[/U]

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 07:47 PM   #39
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
[COLOR=orange]SINCE TIME IS AN ILLUSION; THERE' NO SUCH THING AS SIX MONTHS..... IT'S ACTUALLY THREE: The term entropy and the term negentropy, should be regarded as attempts to supply terms which we would then seek to explain, for the difference between living and dying or dead processes.
How old are you if you didn't count the time you have spent sleeping?

Do the math for me ...

I am not on my pc, just on my Xbox one in between games

Another thought is simply this what if you could sleep all the way to another point in time in a space ship of unlimited range how far could you go without wake time counting against you like it would on earth ...?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 08:39 PM   #40
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

^ Only Aktungbby could answer a profound question like that!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 10:28 AM   #41
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
How old are you if you didn't count the time you have spent sleeping?

Do the math for me ...

I am not on my pc, just on my Xbox one in between games

Another thought is simply this what if you could sleep all the way to another point in time in a space ship of unlimited range how far could you go without wake time counting against you like it would on earth ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
^ Only Aktungbby could answer a profound question like that!
EDGAR CAYCE GOT IT RIGHT:
Quote:
Learn these lessons well: First, the continuity of life. There is no time; it is one time. There is no space; it is one space. There is no force, other than all force in its various phases and applications. The individual is such a part of God that one’s thoughts may become crimes or miracles, for thoughts are deeds. That that one metes must be met again. That one applies will be applied again and again until that oneness of time, space, force are learned and the individual is one with the whole
WHEN MY SOUL 'BA' EXITS MY BODY '' I'LL TRAVEL THRU SPACE AND TIME ENDLESSLY 'ON A SOLAR BARK' TILL TRAPPED PAST THE EVENT HORIZON OF A BLACK HOLE THAT EVEN THE BA CANNOT PASS; I BECOME "ONE WITH THE ''HOLE"...ESSENTIALLY ENDING MY 'ETERNITY' IN LIGHTLESS Götterdämmerung!
Quote:
MY PROFILE: Biography Ak Tung Amun/ Interests : Ma'at & Gotterdammerung Forty-two gods listened to the confessions of the deceased who claimed to be innocent of crimes against the divine and human social order. The person's heart was then placed on a scale, counterbalanced by a feather that represented Maat, the goddess of truth and justice. If the heart was equal in weight to the feather, the person was justified and achieved immortality. If not, it was devoured by the goddess Amemet. This meant that the person would not survive in the afterlife. When a pharaoh passed the test, he became one with the god Osiris. He then travelled through the underworld on a solar bark, accompanied by the gods, to reach paradise and attain everlasting life.
A SOLAR BARK WILL EVENTUALLY ENCOUNTER A BLACK HOLE AND THE JIG IS REALLY UP! SPACE TRIP OVER BBY!!! THE PHOTO JUST SHOWS WHERE I'LL END UP!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-17-19 at 10:47 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote