SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-08, 07:31 PM   #751
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

@bert8for3
No install sequence. Install the OLCU mods in any order. If JSGME complains about a conflict between two OLCU mods then you did something wrong and need to check the readme. HTH.
Old 05-23-08, 07:35 PM   #752
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

Tks much OLC.
Old 05-23-08, 08:09 PM   #753
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

edit: please ignore

Last edited by bert8for3; 05-23-08 at 08:51 PM.
bert8for3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 09:00 PM   #754
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert8for3
OLC, if you're still around, would you mind terribly giving some advice to me on installing Thomsen's Sound Pack. I know it's none of your biz, but I was starting to wade through the 12 pages in that thread to find the answer, not finding it yet, but notice you're using TSP I think.

Installing TSP over OLCUber, JSGME gives me a conflict message ""Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI Special for OLCE2" mod.
"en_menu.txt" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI Special for OLCE2" mod."

I assume this would foul up OLCUber. If I reverse the order and put on TSP first will that work?

Sorry for 1 asking and 2 going OT here.
I took a look at V3 of the soundpack.

Enabling PTS then OLCU will mean that Thomsen's CTRL+S shortcut (to make the engine startup sound) will not work. Everything else should work.

Enabling OLCU then PTS will mean the Rudder Amidships button (recently added to OLC GUI Special) will not work, and all the in-game text will still look like GWX 1.03, but otherwise everything should be OK.
Old 05-23-08, 11:28 PM   #755
Wartzay
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

^^^
I edited in the engine start sequence into the OLC files, then copied those 2 files into PTS. I then enabled OLCE/gui then PTS.

That seemed to work perfectly.

I'll find the lines to copy in from PTS to OLCE if you wish.
Old 05-24-08, 06:24 AM   #756
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

@OLC ... Thanks very much. I edited/deleted my inquiry as I felt in retrospect it wasn't something I should really ask you. So I was trying to figure it out with WinMerge. Many thanks for the advice.

@Wartzay ... Many thanks also, if it's not to much trouble for you to post the lines to add, that would be great.
Old 05-24-08, 10:28 AM   #757
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default Lifeboats and Debris V3 for OLCE2 (without reflections)

I've posted, on my FF page, a version of Rubini's Lifeboats and Debris V3 mod which has had all the reflections removed. This is for OLCU players who like to play without any reflections. If you play OLCU with reflections then you can just use the normal version of the lifeboats mod.

Download the "without reflections" version here.

Full credit goes to Rubini, Philipp_Thomsen and privateer for the Lifeboats and Debris V3 mod.
Old 05-24-08, 06:36 PM   #758
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30

Just dropping a line

Excellent mods OLC have been using them since you arrived with the gui

Unfortunatly my rig dosnt have quite enough power to run ya ubermod with out staggers

Which is a bummer since it looked excellent from what i saw

ah well ill just have to stick with the gui

CHEERS

Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-08, 11:38 PM   #759
difool2
Commander

Quick question (which really applies to GWX, and I guess stock too): any way to rid myself of the shaded bands in the clear or partly cloudy night sky (see the last pic in the OP)? I'd much prefer to see them blended together much more subtly. Or is this a video card limitation in terms of the number of colors available, or just a video card's inability to shade them together in a satisfactory manner?
difool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 12:03 AM   #760
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by difool2
Quick question (which really applies to GWX, and I guess stock too): any way to rid myself of the shaded bands in the clear or partly cloudy night sky (see the last pic in the OP)? I'd much prefer to see them blended together much more subtly. Or is this a video card limitation in terms of the number of colors available, or just a video card's inability to shade them together in a satisfactory manner?
OLCE2 fixes it, but I guess you already know that and want another way to fix it? Well, yes, there's a way and it's quite easy to do, and just now I actually started to type out how to do it... but then I remembered your rudeness to other people in other threads, and changed my mind.
Old 05-25-08, 12:07 AM   #761
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

lol

Now I too have been struck by the avatar of shame...
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Last edited by Schwuppes; 05-25-08 at 02:27 AM.
Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 05:04 AM   #762
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Thanks for this great übermod OLC! Just downloaded & installed it and the environment looks sooo nifty now, and the GUI is a huge improvement too IMO I'm of course still clueless as to how it all works, but hey, practice makes perfect - or, in my case, at least mediocre :p

Thanks again m8, superb work all around. S!
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 09:21 AM   #763
difool2
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
OLCE2 fixes it, but I guess you already know that and want another way to fix it? Well, yes, there's a way and it's quite easy to do, and just now I actually started to type out how to do it... but then I remembered your rudeness to other people in other threads, and changed my mind.
Umm what the hey are you talking about?
difool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 11:57 AM   #764
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Umm what the hey are you talking about?
Nevermind.
Download S3D and edit scene.dat. In Sky>EnvSim>FogDistances there are four array items, one for each visibility (fog) level. You need to edit CloudRelativeZMin and CloudRelativeZMax to sort out your problem. Bear in mind that the clouds are a flat texture laid on a big dome and, for fogging purposes, Z is measured on the horizontal plane only; the clouds directly above your U-boat are at Z=0 and the clouds on the horizon are at approximately Z=0.9.
HTH
OLC
Old 05-25-08, 03:18 PM   #765
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

I have one question, am doubting.

When i have for example mastheight 23m. Do i have to double it for the calculation?

I thought not but....