SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-18, 09:44 AM   #31
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I wonder if what we eat before we go to bed has anything to do with dreams?

Seriously ... perhaps even alcohol or marijuana for sure would alter your state of mind while you sleep.

I spend a lot of time in bed and I don't remember most dreams due to having to get up and go to the bathroom which interrupts the sound sleep part. Most of the dreams I do remember are those early in the morning twilight dreams

.https://www.quora.com/Do-early-morni...ms-come-true-1

Quote:
Yes, some early morning dreams can come true and the best way to know if they do is to keep a dream journal beside your bed.

Early morning dreams are the easiest to remember because you are coming up from the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) level of sleep through the Theta Level. The Theta Level is often used for healing.

How will you know if your dreams come true if you don't have a way of going back to see what the dreams were or what the validation was in your waking world.

Precognitive dreams are:

dreams that come true
dreams that show you a bit of the future
validated in the waking present world
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 05:13 AM   #32
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Moira told me this morning about a dream she had last night. In it we were still living at home with our parents (just before we got married, I guess) and my mum came to her in an agitated state with a note she'd just been given by a policeman at her door.

The note was intended for me and was written by someone named Paul Walters. It said: "It will end in death by axe"

Nice.... thanks, Moira
Old 08-30-18, 07:44 AM   #33
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Moira told me this morning about a dream she had last night. In it we were still living at home with our parents (just before we got married, I guess) and my mum came to her in an agitated state with a note she'd just been given by a policeman at her door.

The note was intended for me and was written by someone named Paul Walters. It said: "It will end in death by axe"

Nice.... thanks, Moira
Poison mushrooms and now this! Sound like you need a bodyguard Eich...The wife is trying to kill you!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 09:46 AM   #34
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I'm still here, mate
Old 08-30-18, 10:25 AM   #35
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default A 'HAL FELLOW'... WELL MET

Quote:
It said: "It will end in death by axe"

Nice.... thanks, Moira
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Poison mushrooms and now this! Sound like you need a bodyguard Eich...The wife is trying to kill you!
SOON U WILL BEGIN THE 'GREAT ODYSSEY'....WILL U DREAM?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 02:51 PM   #36
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The old joke:

A man visiting a cemetery to visit a loved ond's grave is on his way out when he notices a woman placing flowers at a series of consecutive graves. Curious, he approaches the mourning woman.

"Excuse me, Ma'am; I couldn't help but notice you tending to this group of graves. Was there a tragic family accident?"

"No, these are the graves of my five late husbands."

"Oh, that must have been very trying for you, to have lost so many spouses. "How did the first one pass on?"

"He died from eating poisonous mushrooms."

"How very sad. And the second spouse?"

"The third?"

"The fourth?"

"Let me guess: the fifth died from eating poisonous mushrooms."

"No he died from a skull fracture."

"Well, that's unusual. How did he get the skull fracture?"

"He wouldn't eat the poisonous mushrooms...."

<O>
Old 08-30-18, 03:04 PM   #37
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

That lady sounds like a

<puts on sunglasses>

Fun-gal.
Old 08-30-18, 03:28 PM   #38
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I once had a job where the firm took out a very high insurance policy on me with an include very good payoff to my then beneficiary in the event of my demise (standard practice for personnel considered to be at an 'executive' level). I told my then beloved about the policy and how she was the beneficiary and she was a bit horrified about the whole idea considering it to be a morbid subject. I told her to cheer up and just think of how, if anything happened, she would be able to take her long dreamed of trip to Paris, which further horrified her...

However, whenever she would get particularly peeved at me (which was often), she would end her argument(s) by softly sighing and saying "Ah, Paris..."...

I miss that woman...

<O>
Old 12-19-19, 07:28 AM   #39
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Moira and I were just talking about dreams where we sometimes wake up feeling really angry because of something the other party had just done in a dream. She's woken up fuming with me yet all the while I'd been asleep and completely innocent; she said she's even got up seething even though she knew it was just a dream

Also, she reminded me that the other night I woke her when I lashed out with my arm... I'd been dreaming that I was in a dark corridor, behind a curtain, waiting for a German sentry to pass, at which point I intended grabbing him (one of those dreams where it's not clear whether you're in a video game or the real war). As he came level I grabbed, then woke up as my knuckles hit the bedroom door

I had a friend once who woke up with his hands around his wife's throat. They moved to separate beds after that
Old 12-19-19, 07:49 AM   #40
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm always dreaming and more often than not they include content that angers and frustrates me. They often consist of losing my wife whilst out shopping or in a pub or a party.

The other night I had a different kind of dream, I was Santa and at the end of the night I had to pay for every present I'd put under different peoples trees. No change there then

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 05:16 PM   #41
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Last night I dreamed I was trying to wrestle a shotgun from a woman who was going to shoot her husband as he sat in his car with his mistress.

Moira called out "stop pushing on me... you woke me up!" as I grappled with her in the bed.

I'm going to get sent to the spare room at this rate
Old 10-18-20, 07:06 PM   #42
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Last night I dreamed I was trying to wrestle a shotgun from a woman who was going to shoot her husband as he sat in his car with his mistress.

Moira called out "stop pushing on me... you woke me up!" as I grappled with her in the bed.

I'm going to get sent to the spare room at this rate
That's a Purdey wretched situation hómbre!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-18-20 at 08:45 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 10:17 PM   #43
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post
I remember not long after my father died I saw him in a "dream". My reaction? I was euphoric, and when I woke up it was like a wave of calmness swept over me and gave me peace.

It was beautiful.

Reality? Or the Subconscious working through something?

I dreamed the other night that I was in a building with many doors and floors helping my mother look for her door. At some point she became too weak, and I had to carry her as we searched. As we were searching we came across my father who was also looking for his door. That's all I remember, but I hope I got them both in the same door, and they're "Together Forever" as it should now read on the back of their gravestone if the carving has been completed. Goodbye mom and dad, love always.
Old 10-22-20, 08:31 AM   #44
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I dreamed the other night that I was in a building with many doors and floors helping my mother look for her door. At some point she became too weak, and I had to carry her as we searched. As we were searching we came across my father who was also looking for his door. That's all I remember, but I hope I got them both in the same door, and they're "Together Forever" as it should now read on the back of their gravestone if the carving has been completed. Goodbye mom and dad, love always.
You're a good son.

A story from me....On the day of my girlfriend's funeral ( we were VERY close ), and still to the present day, ( this is hard to explain - but it's as if people on the "other side" are looking after me. ), good things happen to me. Little things, but significant. Time after time.

One incident in particular stands out.

I was in Hawaii a couple of years ago, I needed to do something important. No one could help me or knew how to. By "accident" a travel agent asked if he could
help. He sure could, he was a godsend, and we got to talking and it turned out he was a distant relative of my late girlfriend. We were both gobsmacked. You had to be there, as they say.

Not a Dream story but more an Afterlife one.
Old 10-22-20, 03:37 PM   #45
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I had a dream once that I stole the U-505 and put it in what I assume to be like a clearing behind my grandparent's home.
The thing I remember most from the dream was a police officer looking at the gigantic hull of the U-505 with a shocked expression.
It looked a lot like this photo:

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote