SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-09, 06:17 PM   #1
Wisq
Watch

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Fleet Command carrier "jam" bug?

I was playing the first campaign mission of Fleet Command (Steam version, stock), once without aircraft quick launch, once with. Both times, at some point in the mission, airplanes got 'jammed' on launch -- they counted down to zero and were marked as disabled, which is normal when they're busy launching, but they never did actually launch.

If I tried to launch more, I ended up with four jammed planes, completely using up my deck capacity in the non-quick-launch game. I couldn't take the planes back to pre-launch condition because they were already supposedly in the launch process, and I couldn't launch more because I had four planes on deck.

In the quick-launch game, I still ended up with four jammed planes, but since deck limits were removed, I could continue to launch more. Eventually, a chopper jammed too, so I had five jams total.

Meanwhile, in both games, the deck was considered too busy to land aircraft. So all my planes already in the air eventually ran low on fuel, circled around behind the carrier waiting to land, and eventually dropped into the ocean.

In both games, I had a "cold cat" call sometime before the jam, so I'm wondering if that's to blame. Maybe the deck crew were in mourning or shock or something.

Any ideas what may have caused this? More importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it, or unjam it once it starts?
Wisq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 12:21 AM   #2
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

Greetings Wisq. I know of this random problem. Doesn't happen often, but only now and then. It has happened to me on longer running scenarios with a number of air sorties required to complete mission objectives. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way in the mission to fix this once this occurs. At least not one that I know of. I had to restart the scenario from scratch.

So therefore, the only way I deal with this is before I begin launching aircraft, I save the mission file. So if this occurs, I can just simply restart again from that point.

Maybe somebody else knows of a way to deal with it. That's been the only way I've known to avoid it.
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 06:33 AM   #3
CapitanPiluso
Forum Captain

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisq View Post
I was playing the first campaign mission of Fleet Command (Steam version, stock), once without aircraft quick launch, once with. Both times, at some point in the mission, airplanes got 'jammed' on launch -- they counted down to zero and were marked as disabled, which is normal when they're busy launching, but they never did actually launch.

If I tried to launch more, I ended up with four jammed planes, completely using up my deck capacity in the non-quick-launch game. I couldn't take the planes back to pre-launch condition because they were already supposedly in the launch process, and I couldn't launch more because I had four planes on deck.

In the quick-launch game, I still ended up with four jammed planes, but since deck limits were removed, I could continue to launch more. Eventually, a chopper jammed too, so I had five jams total.

Meanwhile, in both games, the deck was considered too busy to land aircraft. So all my planes already in the air eventually ran low on fuel, circled around behind the carrier waiting to land, and eventually dropped into the ocean.

In both games, I had a "cold cat" call sometime before the jam, so I'm wondering if that's to blame. Maybe the deck crew were in mourning or shock or something.

Any ideas what may have caused this? More importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it, or unjam it once it starts?
I 've found that flight deck ops may be frustrating some times.
It's important not to change aircraft status when in flight deck beacuse some strange issue may appear,it's better to allow the plane to launch and then return to base.
Also it seems that lots of planes launching or landing at the same time cause problems.

Have you tried NWS mod ? http://forums.navalwarfare.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4
It adds lots of units and action to this game.
Cheers

My DW pics :https://goo.gl/photos/5gBN7WFntLBSAsc17

My SSM2007 pics :https://goo.gl/photos/1Fa6GaEom28AZuc57
CapitanPiluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 04:44 AM   #4
jgoff14
Nub

Downloads: 0
FIX

go to where you have it installed, open the fleet command folder, look for fleet command, configuration settings (probably the third "fleet command") open it, find nocoldcat no and type yes save it to desktop. move the original to the desktop and the new one to its place, you will never have a cold cat again. i havent had a deck jam since. let me know how it works for ya. need more info pm me
jgoff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 04:46 AM   #5
jgoff14
Nub

Downloads: 0

its under cheats
jgoff14 is offline   Reply With Quote