SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-17, 05:10 PM   #496
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Changing to 1280x1024 resolution before launching sh3.exe will avoid CTDs; against blackscreen: see my post just above.
I have activated the 4GB RAM patch for sh3.exe before loading any mods, doesn't matter but you need to activate it anyhow or the game will CTD with WAC 5.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 05:41 PM   #497
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Uploads: 0

I suppose the crew on deck feature is dependent on how far you are away from the pier. Once I got about 200 to 300 meters from where I was tied up the crew finally cooperated and went to their stations. I suppose they just wanted that final long look at the frau's before getting their minds on the task at hand, wink, wink. LOL!
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 06:53 PM   #498
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

OK, I solved the problem where after the opening movie you get black screen with music, from this post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=969

Basically you have to run the game without the widescreen mod, then go into the game video options and turn on Synchronization. Then exit the game, enable the widescreen mod, and everything works.

However, I cannot start any missions, either new career or Single Missions. The load progress bar gets to 90% and then the game hangs.

Has anyone solved that problem?
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 08:45 PM   #499
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
OK, I solved the problem where after the opening movie you get black screen with music, from this post:

(...)
This does the same as my solution above but more complicated...

Quote:

(...)
However, I cannot start any missions, either new career or Single Missions. The load progress bar gets to 90% and then the game hangs.

The progress bar doesn't update at the real state, just wait until you are in your submarine...Can take about 5 minutes...Watch your harddisk working...

May I ask you, because you seem to have the same GPU than me (I have a GTX 960 4GB VRAM): At which desktop resolution do you start the game? 1920x1080? On my system this doesn't work, I have first to reduce my desktop to 1280x1024 or the game will not start at all. That's a trouble because my GPU will scale the image from that resolution on to fill the screen instead of giving me the 'real' 1920x1080.
The Manos Widescreen fix is better in this reguard because it streches an already 16:9 image with less pixel loss for a much better 3D world and interiors.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-16-17 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 09:10 PM   #500
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Just want to say: It's the Ahnenerbe's widescreen fix that causes the messes with mouseclicks in the Uboat (my feedback above), not WAC 5.01. With the Manos 1366x768 fix all works ok. UHHHgh... I think I can finally play SH3 and start a campaign...
Old 12-17-17, 04:30 AM   #501
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:

It's not a problem! Just someone does not know how to wait.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 06:33 AM   #502
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783

I think Anvar is right. The game does appear to hang but in reality it's still loading. My load takes around 8 minutes to finish.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 06:59 AM   #503
armatata
Watch

Downloads: 99
Default Missing ground textures

I don't know what is happening, but I have a weird problem ground textures. All objects like ports, trees, buildings - they are there, but the ground itself is completely black. It's the same color eveywhere, that looks more like the lack of color. Also underwater, it's really impossible to see the ground.
armatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 07:20 AM   #504
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by armatata View Post
I don't know what is happening, but I have a weird problem ground textures. All objects like ports, trees, buildings - they are there, but the ground itself is completely black. It's the same color eveywhere, that looks more like the lack of color. Also underwater, it's really impossible to see the ground.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=380
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 07:27 AM   #505
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I think Anvar is right. The game does appear to hang but in reality it's still loading. My load takes around 8 minutes to finish.
Yes by me too 8' is the bill to heaven

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 12:30 PM   #506
lederhosen
Planesman

Downloads: 422

any way to stop the lookk outs annoying shouting at times?
Old 12-17-17, 12:57 PM   #507
armatata
Watch

Downloads: 99
Default Black terrain, no textures - temporary fix

Well, if anyone is still interested in that, I found a temporary solution to the terrain textures problem. In your WAC 5.0 main mod you go to:

data: then Terrain

In "Terrain", you delete everything except for Maps and Locations. This is not fully tested but for now, I'm gonna be playing the game like that. I know this is not a perfect solution. But uninstalling, redownloading the mod, ereasing all files of sh3 and all that didn't help for me so hopefully this will.
armatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 01:05 PM   #508
CrysisGam3r
Watch

Downloads: 380

Quote:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=969

Basically you have to run the game without the widescreen mod, then go into the game video options and turn on Synchronization. Then exit the game, enable the widescreen mod, and everything works.

Yes, the game is STILL loading at that point. Best just to leave the game and wait. It does load. I had the same issue until I left it alone. Don't click mouse or push keys as this can cause crash during loading. Just leave it to load in peace. It can take about 10-15 minutes sometimes.
CrysisGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 01:15 PM   #509
CrysisGam3r
Watch

Downloads: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline202 View Post
Hi. I have tried what you and itadriver have suggested but it didn't work for me. However you did pointed me at the right direction and i have managed to fix that. Thanks mate!
Are you going to let everyone else know what the fix is if you have now fixed the issue? I'm sure plenty of others would appreciate that.
CrysisGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 02:21 PM   #510
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by armatata View Post
Well, if anyone is still interested in that, I found a temporary solution to the terrain textures problem. In your WAC 5.0 main mod you go to:

data: then Terrain

In "Terrain", you delete everything except for Maps and Locations. This is not fully tested but for now, I'm gonna be playing the game like that. I know this is not a perfect solution. But uninstalling, redownloading the mod, ereasing all files of sh3 and all that didn't help for me so hopefully this will.
I just had a post in the general SH3 topics, anyone using Windows 10 Creator must use a specific GPU driver to overcome blackscreens and related glitches in SH3. Then, you must set sh3.exe to compatibility mode for Windows 7.
I don't know for certain that this is the trouble you refer, but I hope this will help some of you. Here the link of the post telling about the procedure and the specific driver:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=235895

If I were in this situation I would despair, because changing GPU driver only to run a specific game is a no-go, unless your computer world is made of SH3... So I really hope there are other solutions.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-17-17 at 02:35 PM.