SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-12, 01:27 PM   #661
TorpLos
A-ganger

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Any environment mods that go well with NYGM and improve to 16km?
TorpLos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 01:53 AM   #662
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

NYGM already includes OLC's excellent environmental mod, with a 16 km range.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 05:50 PM   #663
Tigershark624
A-ganger

Downloads: 134

Stielber,

I'm having the devil's own time trying to get this mod to work. I have one base copy of SH3, from which I've copied and modded three times with GWX3.0, LSH3, and the War Aces Campaign. For some reason, I'm having the same problem with NYGM that I originally had. The game starts up and the Naval Academy missions run fine. Whenever I start a new career, the U-Boote Heraus load screen gets almost to the end and I get a CTD. I also can't get MultiSH3 to work either, but I worked around that by having a different Kaleun for each mod. Can you think of anything that might be causing this, or offer any advice?

Thanks,
Tigershark
Tigershark624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 02:12 AM   #664
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Quote:
Whenever I start a new career, the U-Boote Heraus load screen gets almost to the end and I get a CTD.
Seems like a problem with one of the campaign files (campaign_lnd/rnd/scr.mis).

However, it is unwise to stack different super-mods on top of one another. Apart from any other consideration, they all share a common series of files in My Documents\sh3, which are unlikely to be mutually compatible (trying to start from different base locations, for example, might explain your problem). So you could try making a back-up of your existing sub-folder My Documents\sh3, then delete the original sub-folder. SH3 will then recreate this folder for its current set-up.

Nevertheless, as a principle, you should always make a fresh installation of SH3 for each supermod. If you have a copy of the original game, you will also need to patch it with the 1.4b patch, available fom Ubisoft, but all subsequent releases (since about 2006) have this patch already installed as part of the game. If you have several partitions on your hard-drive (eg drives C: D: E), then you can install a game on each.

Stiebler.
Old 04-10-12, 03:14 AM   #665
Tigershark624
A-ganger

I should have been more clear. I have in my Ubisoft folder a separate folder for each mod. They're not stacked. For each mod I copied in the working SH3 folder patched to 1.4, then installed SH3 Commander and Jones mod enabler into each one after renaming its folder for its respective mod. This was the method recommended in the MultiSH3 readme notes. So far it's worked for all the mods except NYGM. I also should have mentioned that the CTD occurs with no other mods enabled except the 2.5 stand alone mod. I can create a unique character and start a career under SH3 1.4 then install the NYGM 2.5 stand alone mod. If I then reload the career in base before mission 1 and start a new patrol I get the CTD. I'm really stumped on this one.
Old 04-10-12, 11:24 AM   #666
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Tigershark624:

Try renaming your folder My Documents\SH3, and then restart SH3 modded with NYGM.

Stiebler.
Old 04-10-12, 04:23 PM   #667
Tigershark624
A-ganger

I already have a folder in My Documents called SH3. I renamed it and tried to start NYGM and received an error message that it couldn't find the cfg file. I moved the folders out of the Careers folder, renamed the folder back to SH3 and tried again with a blank slate. I got the same CTD. There must be something wrong with my original version of SH3 that only bothers NYGM. I made a fresh install on my laptop, copied the resulting SH3 folder onto my flash drive, then tried to use that, but I couldn't even patch that to 1.4. The patch program kept giving me an error message that said the sensors file was unrecognizable. I'm going to try to tweak the fresh install on the laptop to get it patched to 1.4 and try to work with that.
Old 04-11-12, 02:19 AM   #668
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Tigershark624:
Try to install ONLY NYGM 2.5 on your new installation, and see if that runs. Get rid of (or back-up) any existing subfolder My Documents\SH3 which is at present on the same installation. (SH3 re-creates this sub-folder whenever it cannot find an existing sub-folder.)

Stiebler.
Old 04-11-12, 06:26 PM   #669
Tigershark624
A-ganger

(Lack of) Progress report:

Here's what I did to try and find out why this mod won't work for me:

Installed SH3 from my original DVD onto my laptop, no other versions installed.
Patched successfully to 1.4
Followed the procedure to play SH3 without the disk outlined in the forums
Started SH3 and created a new career
Installed Generic Mod Enabler
Installed NYGM 2.5
Loaded career from In port before mission 1
CTD

MultiSH3 did work, however, so I'm going to use this new install as a base for my other mods to get the folders in My Documents sorted out. Unless NYGM doesn't like the modded exe or one of the modded dll's involved with the no-cd fix, I can't imagine what could be causing this. I'll try again tomorrow with the old exe, dll's and disk in the drive and see if that solves this, unless you have any other ideas.

Tigershark

Edited to add: Changed the save directory and started NYGM 2.5. Created a new career and got the same CTD. Hopefully better news tomorrow.

Last edited by Tigershark624; 04-11-12 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 04-11-12, 11:01 PM   #670
TorpLos
A-ganger

Ok so i feel like i got the perfect mod combo but it has frequent CTDs when i load up games. But sometimes it works ok. So i feel there is just a small problem.

Here is loadout..

Old 04-12-12, 02:03 AM   #671
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Torplos:

If you cannot get even NYGM 2.5 to run without CTDs, then there is something fundamentally wrong with your set-up.

Can you get even SH3.exe (the stock game, patched with 1.4b) to run without CTDs?

I regret that I cannot give any further advice from this distance.

Stiebler.
Old 04-12-12, 03:11 AM   #672
Tigershark624
A-ganger

I don't know if you were asking me or TorpLos, but in my case SH3 1.4 runs fine, as do the other super mods. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the rld-sh14 no-cd fix. It can't be a Windows 7 issue because my laptop is running XP. I'll report back in when I've had a chance to test the original exe but for now that's what I'm thinking. I've got one more trick I can try if all else fails, but more on that later, if necessary.

Tigershark
Old 04-12-12, 10:53 AM   #673
TorpLos
A-ganger

Im sorry i wasnt clear. NYGM works fine but the problems seem to arise after MaGUIF installing and NvDriftetrs Depth Charge Shake. I just wanted help making those work together well. I guess ill have to choose one or the other but im pretty sure its not a huge issue. THe only thing those two mods conflict with is the CAMERAS.dat
Old 04-12-12, 05:14 PM   #674
Tigershark624
A-ganger

OK, my problem does not arise from the no-cd fix. A brand new clean install, patched to 1.4 with only the Generic Mod Enabler and NYGM 2.5 resulted in the same CTD. I'm down to my last option, and if this doesn't work I'm packing it in. Hopefully I'll have success over the weekend.

***UPDATE***

I installed Steam and SH3 onto my laptop then loaded SHC3.2, the Generic Mod enabler and NYGM 2.5. CTD. I'm now completely out of ideas. I've tried my original copy of SH3 from the DVD, with and without the rld-1.4 no CD fix and a clean install from Steam on both a Windows 7 desktop and Win XP laptop. Same result. If anyone has any further suggestion please let me know. Thanks to all who offered advice.

Tigershark

Last edited by Tigershark624; 04-14-12 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Results
Old 04-27-12, 05:13 AM   #675
Kpt. Weyprecht
Gunner

Downloads: 89

Hello all,
I just tried to create a multi-install of SH3, one copy being dedicated to NYGM.
I performed the installation procedure through JSGME. Now the last on the list of NYGM downloads is the Stiebler's patch: I still have to use the H.sie's one before, even if it is ont on the list?

EDIT: forget the question, I got the install right.

Last edited by Kpt. Weyprecht; 04-29-12 at 06:00 AM.
Kpt. Weyprecht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull