SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-09, 01:57 PM   #196
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349
Uploads: 0

I have also a proposal for the future update.
A integrated orders mod for NYGM would be very helpful,so that my eyes don't like this anymore.(trying to find the right key while playing in the dark).
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 05:11 AM   #197
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

yeah, I know I'm a pain in the ass but I'm only trying to get everything perfect. So the question is:are there any known issues with Default Action set for certain event-like air attack etc? I depart let's say on 16 April 1940, I go near Hull and those minefields there and I'm attacked by a plane. Message appears, I set Go to Scope depth and set as Default. After some time(sth like 5-7 days) after I'm attacked the Default Action is not performed even after reseting it in options. I was installing IABL ships and minor graphic mod while in port between patrols so maybe this has sth do do with it?
kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 04:44 AM   #198
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default New files for J Scones' SH3Commander v 3.2

I have uploaded new .cfg files for the benefit of those who use SH3Commander with NYGM. The files should be installed into the \cfg folder of SH3Commander, *not* into the \cfg folder of SilentHunteriii\data.

These new files make available the new facility in SH3Commander 3.2 to generate random ship tonnages and names after each patrol.

Thanks to Jaesen for letting me have a trial version of SH3Commander 3.2, and special thanks to Sailor Steve for his laborious work in providing unique ship names for all the ships generally, but especially for the ships of IABL's 'New Merchant Fleet' already provided with NYGM 3.1.

Download the file SH3_Commander_Updates_forGM.7z from my signature at the bottom.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 04:48 AM   #199
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Kranz:

The problems you describe with setting default actions when attacked from the air are not caused by NYGM. Probably a stock bug.

Stiebler.
Old 02-19-09, 05:12 AM   #200
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

Thanks, Stiebler!
Old 02-19-09, 10:46 AM   #201
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Are there any WaW people here that use NYGM for WaW ? If so, could I ask you to list your activated mods (using JSGMEs "export mod list" function) ? I ask because i'm playing around with mods to find an optimum mod set-up for when WaW III starts (very shortly).

I've posted something similar over at WaW so please excuse the double post.

Thanks, Hans.
Old 02-20-09, 11:40 AM   #202
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler
@Kranz:

The problems you describe with setting default actions when attacked from the air are not caused by NYGM. Probably a stock bug.

Stiebler.
sounds possible.But does it mean that it appears in every game or only mine is bugged?
kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 03:37 PM   #203
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default NYGM version 3.2 released.

I have newly downloaded an update to NYGM, version 3.2, to FileFront. The file has the .7z extension, and can be extracted with 7-Zip (or WinRAR, if a recent version).

This new patch needs to be installed over the full stand-alone version, NYGM 2.5 'Fulon', available from the same site. The new patch completely replaces all previous patches, including NYGM 2.6B, 3.0 and 3.1. It will cause no harm to install NYGM 3.2 over the older patches, but your computer will be cleaner if you un-install these older patches first (assuming you used JSGME to install them in the first place). Then install NYGM 3.2 with JSGME.

New users:
1. Create a clean installation of Silent Hunter 3 and patch 1.4b. Then create a folder 'silenthunteriii\mods.
2. Download NYGM 2.5 Standalone (Fulon) version and unzip it into your new \mods folder. Then install it with JSGME.
3. Download and unzip NYGM 3.2 patch into the \mods folder and install with JSGME.
3. (Optional) Download and install IABLShips_NYGM3 with JSGME. This adds NYGM's version of IamBecomeLife's 'New Merchant Fleet' and a new campaign file.

There is very little new in this release, because it is now becoming hard to find anything interesting to add. However, some people require the new compass to aid manual targetting, hence this premature release.

New items (as well as minor tweaks):
1. Updated equipment upgrade chart (upgradeschart.tga) for use when equipping the U-boat at base.
2. Hitman's easy-to-read new compass as a pull-out item from the right hand of the screen.
3. Latest version of Hitman's optics mod for NYGM. Essential for manual targetting, and excellent even if you cheat by using the weapon's officer to set the dials! When installed (optional), this mod has also the pull-out compass.
4. Merchant smoke made much denser for coal-fired merchant ships (Mikhayl). This mod has also been added to some of the IABL ships, so that the IABLShips_NYGM3 file has been updated too. (Therefore users already possessing IABL's new merchant fleet will have to download it again if they want the smoke improvement.)
5. NYGM updates for SH3Commander, as described in my earlier post.

Optional Extra: Mikhayl's High-Res U-boats mod for NYGM.
This is a very large file, and therefore is included as an optional download from the FileFront site. It adds a lot of detail to individual U-boats, and I have tested it thoroughly.
Because this file is so large, and takes a long time to upload to FileFront, I would suggest that all potential users should download this mod *quickly*, before Filefront decides to delete it. Unzip and install it as described for the NYGM 3.2 patch. This patch should be the last mod added of the four mentioned (NYGM 2.5 1st, NYGM 3.2 2nd, IABL ships 3rd, High-Res U-boats 4th).

A manual describing these and all earlier changes made since version 2.5 is included as an Acrobat PDF file in folder 'documentation' supplied with the NYGM 3.2 patch.

All these mods can be obtained by clicking on the NYGM FileFront link below.

Stiebler.
Old 02-20-09, 05:41 PM   #204
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Stiebler,
Thanks for the mod and the updates;
If one uses Hitman's optic mod, does that go in last, or does it make any difference?
Old 02-21-09, 02:53 AM   #205
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Great to have 3.2 out!

Irish,

form what I see in the list, it shouldn't matter because my optics mod will only interfere with other mods that change the menu.ini, and none of those listed in the new items will. In any case, when you enable them via JGSME you will be warned if there is a conflict or not. In that case, the file/mod you install last will obviously prevail.
Old 02-21-09, 07:59 AM   #206
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Hitman is right, you can add the Optics mod last.

You can add other optional mods in the 'Documentation' folder of NYGM 3.2 in any convenient order.

You can also add Hitman's 'U-505 compass' (see current thread) as an optional extra after you have installed the Optics mod.

Stiebler.
Old 02-21-09, 08:32 AM   #207
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

Thanks, Stiebler! It's gratefull see NGYM alive!
Old 02-23-09, 09:51 AM   #208
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I have another request for a future NYGM update or simply as an optional tweak. I would like to have again the icons for assigning the crew to "normal cruising", "Damage repair", "Surface attack" and so on, which currently are deactivated. Reason is I play with no fatigue model and I prefer to make the big crew rotations according to the situation (combat/repair/cruise) with just one click and then simply minor adjustments.

Thanks
Old 02-23-09, 10:44 PM   #209
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Thank you, Stiebler and company, well done!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 11:04 PM   #210
USS Sea Tiger
XO

Downloads: 52
Default a really dumb question, I am behind on this

Hi

I followed the link looking for 3.0, and there is a 2.7 and a 3.7, which is the basic first install for NGYM please, I want to try your XXIII!!!

Mike D
USS Sea Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull