SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-15, 07:07 AM   #1
Ca[t White
Helmsman

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default Mission Editor and AI Ships/ career mission

Hello.

I'm just started using the Mission Editor for SH4 and I would like to know Is there a feature in the game that allows you to order ships around in your task force or fleet?. In addition, I'm also doing a career mission in game, and at the moment my sub has been damaged by dept charges and the Dive planes transmission has been severely damaged, my sub is unable to turn. Is there a way to fix this and can I also call for assistance from other ships?
Ca[t White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15, 11:21 AM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

the no turning is because you lost your rudder and nothing can be done but end it and start over

as to control over things, no, all you can control is your ship and the games AI decides what everything else in the game does or doesn't do.

if you are into mission creation then check out the mission designers forum here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222
Old 06-06-15, 11:27 AM   #3
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca[t White View Post
Hello.

I'm just started using the Mission Editor for SH4 and I would like to know Is there a feature in the game that allows you to order ships around in your task force or fleet?. In addition, I'm also doing a career mission in game, and at the moment my sub has been damaged by dept charges and the Dive planes transmission has been severely damaged, my sub is unable to turn. Is there a way to fix this and can I also call for assistance from other ships?
I'm pretty sure your boat is toast and your command is lost if there is no repair time listed.

The best way to learn about the mission editor for me was looking at how the campaign files of SH4 were made by the dev's and others in Stock and in the various mods. Don't forget to download the mission editor PDF's if you haven't already.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15, 10:15 PM   #4
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca[t White View Post
Hello.

I'm just started using the Mission Editor for SH4 and I would like to know Is there a feature in the game that allows you to order ships around in your task force or fleet?.
If you want to embark upon a surface task force operation, the best you can do is to script the TF to go where you want it (in the ME), and then in the game, tag along with them. Of course, they will do what they want when in contact with enemy forces. The old military maxim 'No plan survives first contact with the enemy.' applies here.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote