Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-20-07, 09:04 PM   #1
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0
Default Janes WWII Fighters Sim

The thread on SH3 forum about other games seemed to drift towards flight sim games so I thought I'D post this about the two F S games I fly the most.
I brought up on the other thread about pro's and con's on both a little bit and since this forum doesn't seem to be very busy So I thought I'd get a little discussion going and see where it will go. So flight simmers jump right in.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 12:47 PM   #2
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

No takers huh ?

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 12:13 PM   #3
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Default Other Flight Sims

I have that WWII Flight Sim game. It's been years since I played it. It's a good game but I have a flight Sim that I enjoyed much better and it was a game that I could play online with others. It was a massive multi player game where you could have 200 people flying together.

It's a game that's been around for over TEN YEARS now.

And the game developer is coming out with a Korean Era game that includes the Mig15 bis vs the USA Sabre Jets F86-E's. The graphics in this game are some of the best I have seen online. Much better than Microsoft's Flight Simulator 3.

I also have many other flight Sim games. Most are collecting dust on my bookshelf as I just don't have the time nor the energy to learn them all.

Once I got used to one game and the controls for the different views it was hard for me to pay other games that used different keyboard controls or didn't have quite the same views.

To me seeing the enemy is the most important aspect of dogfighting. You can't kill what you can't see and you can't even figure out how to maneuver against an unseen opponent. Most pilots that were killed in WWII never saw their attacker. That's the idea behind the new stealth F22 raptor and the F35 Joint Attack Fighters. They see the opponent and kill it before the opponent even knows they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
The thread on SH3 forum about other games seemed to drift towards flight sim games so I thought I'D post this about the two F S games I fly the most.
I brought up on the other thread about pro's and con's on both a little bit and since this forum doesn't seem to be very busy So I thought I'd get a little discussion going and see where it will go. So flight simmers jump right in.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 12:35 AM   #4
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Default Currently Playing. . .

I'm still stuck on Red Baron 3D's total conversion: FULL CANVAS JACKET.

Been playing it for years, and I must say it never gets old. Nothing more fun that tuk-tuk'ing around in an old pioneer's machine with a couple gallons of benzine below you without a parachute!:rotfl:

That game brought me many hours of enjoyment, and it still brings them to me today.

I'm currently trying to shoot for my Blue Max on it. Got it on full difficulty, and I'm 3 kills away in an Albatros D.III (21 kills so far).

Hopefully, Oberleutnant Ulrich Lindemann will have one before Tuesday! I've already gotten into many a scrap with fighters (including a time that I had a fire, which is a VERY bad thing in a wood and canvas aircraft), and I hope my next one goes just fine... I hope...
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 02:42 AM   #5
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Cant say I've tried JWWIIFS, I was more of an Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe guy.

Last edited by Dowly; 12-02-07 at 05:27 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote