Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 12-19-07, 01:27 PM   #1
Janus
XO

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Jet Thunder (Falklands war flight sim)

http://www.thunder-works.com/

Quote:
What is this?
With the working title "Jet Thunder: Falkands/Malvinas" (JT:FM), it is an in-depth flight simulation featuring an historically accurate, although dynamic, Falklands/Malvinas war scenario. The project started in late 2002 as a simple simulation of just the Harrier, and first we thought of having only the islands as scenary, as terrain making would be easier with only the isles represented, intended for simple self-publishing in a shareware style... But the positive feedback was so strong and unexpect, and the project quickly has grown to a organized, professional effort with a programming team, art / 3D modelling team, and extensive research work, with full order of battle, historical accuracy, argentine and british flyable aircraft and detailed cockpits/avionics.
It looks very promising to me, I wonder if it will ever be released or if the developers run out of money before...
At least there are nice videos available, check them out on youtube or from their website (link posted above).
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 02:40 PM   #2
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

I'd certainly be interested in something like that, there have been attempts to simulate the Falklands war before, such as this one:

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=48

but it was a bit limited in what you could do, so it would be nice to see a real dedicated go at it. The danger light always starts flashing for me when things that start as a labour of love grow bigger, the risk of enthusiasm being replaced by budgetary constraints can often spell deisaster for prospective flight sims, and the graveyard are littered with such vapourware. I hope this one makes it.

Chock
Old 12-19-07, 03:15 PM   #3
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I think the danger with sims such as this is that the devs don't know when to stop and release it they have been at it for so long and the dev. period has seen more goodies arrive in terms of GSX and CPU power that they want to take advantage of them...