SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-11, 10:45 AM   #1036
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Once I have finished my recent fleet-boat game (made me my own mega-mod with parts and fixes of all other mods + own stuff)
Ok .... when will we hear about this NEW megamod?
Old 11-07-11, 09:59 AM   #1037
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
I would post it, but this is impossible it includes too many "borrowed" files from other mods

I started with GFO and added RSRD, then added everything I liked from TMO and RFB, even OM. Then I added all bugfixes that I could find in this forum (and there are many! eek) and added my own changes. and all othr things like Nisgeis and CaptainScurvy's mods... and and and...

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 01:23 PM   #1038
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

I don't know if anybody has asked this before but what about a rendezvous with a German U-boat for a mission. I've read that they did it in real life.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 03:35 AM   #1039
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
I don't know if anybody has asked this before but what about a rendezvous with a German U-boat for a mission. I've read that they did it in real life.
they did, but that was in the Atlantic Ocean after they went arount the cape of good hope for the yanagi missions (technology exchanges by subs with Nazi Germany)

see :

http://www.operationrisingsun.com/main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...-52_%281943%29

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 08:50 AM   #1040
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Default IJN FOREVER

Mr Keltos

My life has me not playing with subsim as often as I like . However My continued encouragement for the completion of CLIMB MT NIKITA . continues

Kiyoshi Kimura

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 08:56 AM   #1041
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
Mr Keltos

My life has me not playing with subsim as often as I like . However My continued encouragement for the completion of CLIMB MT NIKITA . continues

Kiyoshi Kimura
I relate, only instead of modding (a skill I currently lack but admire and appreciate), it's working on a website.
Old 12-17-11, 08:50 PM   #1042
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Captain Peabody I have found some more possibly useful Japanese film footage from WWII era, and thought some of it might be useful for inclusion in Mod historical information, not sure if you plan on having a film pre amble for the mod but I will be happy to share links when you have time.

I continue to cheer and light incense for this fine effort, and trust RL continues to be bearable, i too have had to take much time away, and only now am having a chance to catch up with Sub Sim, new mods for SH series and even drive a boat once in a while. My best to you and to Commander Keltos and his excellent Boat Building crew, amazing work on new boats for us all as always...and I will be happy to help test any that may need a sea trial or two.

All my best to all shipmates here for the Holidays and beyond!
Old 12-18-11, 02:38 PM   #1043
peabody
Admiral

Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Captain Peabody I have found some more possibly useful Japanese film footage from WWII era, and thought some of it might be useful for inclusion in Mod historical information, not sure if you plan on having a film pre amble for the mod but I will be happy to share links when you have time.

I continue to cheer and light incense for this fine effort, and trust RL continues to be bearable, i too have had to take much time away, and only now am having a chance to catch up with Sub Sim, new mods for SH series and even drive a boat once in a while. My best to you and to Commander Keltos and his excellent Boat Building crew, amazing work on new boats for us all as always...and I will be happy to help test any that may need a sea trial or two.

All my best to all shipmates here for the Holidays and beyond!
Happy Hoidays Admiral !!
I'm not sure if I will have a 'film preamble' either. Link would be nice even if I don't do it.
I am afraid so many have moved on, but RL has many potholes. Bearable but I grit my teeth every now and then.

I have not heard from Keltos in a long time. Not sure what his status is.

Good to hear from you.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 03:18 AM   #1044
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

I'm still around though talking about potholes...

I'll be on Holidays starting next week and will have some time to myself then !

Good to hear from you too Peabody !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 05:14 AM   #1045
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
I'm still around though talking about potholes...

I'll be on Holidays starting next week and will have some time to myself then !

Good to hear from you too Peabody !

keltos
Hi, Keltos, good to hear from you. Hope all is well and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 12-21-11, 01:50 AM   #1046
Reichsjager
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

can't wait till this is release
Reichsjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 07:30 PM   #1047
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Hey I have a question I've been using the Jyunsen B mod and "tweaked " it so you can start in 1941 and your base is Tokyo but how do you get it to start at Tokyo because my base is Tokyo but it makes me start at Penang.

Old 01-03-12, 08:28 PM   #1048
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Hey I have a question I've been using the Jyunsen B mod and "tweaked " it so you can start in 1941 and your base is Tokyo but how do you get it to start at Tokyo because my base is Tokyo but it makes me start at Penang.
It doesn't MAKE you start anywhere, it starts where you tell it to start. If you made your base Tokyo then you need to change the Departure location to Tokyo:

[Flotilla 1]
ID= Penang
NameDisplayable= Penang-Flotilla-Name
AvailabilityInterval=1943-05-01, 1945-05-31

[Flotilla 1.Base 1]
ID= F1Penang
NameDisplayable= Penang-Base-Name
Info= Penang-Base-Info
ExternalBaseName= Penang
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-02-29, NULL
DepartureDescription1= 12044763.000000, 646206.000000, 270.000000
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 12029563.000000, 621806.000000, 269.992310

You can get the coordinates from the mission editor where you put your base. They are in the bottom left of the mission editor, just put your mouse pointed where you want to start and use the first two numbers latitude and longitude, lng and lat. the third number in the DepartureDescription is the heading of your ship.

DepDescription1 is the "in port" and if you want it accurate so your sub/ship is at a dock then you will need to merge/open the Campaign.LOC (data/Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign_LOC.mis) from the US side so the docks will show, then get your numbers, write them down, and put them into the Flotilla file. You do not resave the file, just use it to get the numbers you need. The easiest way to get accurate numbers for placing a ship at a dock is to actually place a ship/sub at the dock. Then put a waypoint out in front of it lined up perfectly with the dock, set head to waypoint and then check the ship/sub properties and the heading will be filled it for you. DO NOT save it with the sub in it, only use it to get the numbers you need.

Of course I don't know how much traffic you will see starting in 1941 on the UBoat side of the game.

Peabody

Last edited by peabody; 01-03-12 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 08:52 PM   #1049
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Thanks I'm also having some problems with the missions I modified the stock missions by moving the mission icon to the US west coast but now all it will give me is recon Fremantle when I start the games.
Old 01-03-12, 10:08 PM   #1050
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Thanks I'm also having some problems with the missions I modified the stock missions by moving the mission icon to the US west coast but now all it will give me is recon Fremantle when I start the games.
New thread started for this, this is not the Japanese Campaign. And you will probably get more help if it has it's own thread.

Peabody

Last edited by peabody; 01-03-12 at 10:41 PM.