SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-24, 12:35 PM   #1
dessert fox
Watch

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default Help with Gui editing

Hi gentleman i need help with my gui im currently using LSH - 2015 GUI OLC WIDESCREEN i want to know can i move some of my dails that i have in attack periscope to my external camera view for example i want my torpedo tube selection to also dislpay when i switch to external camera view is this possible if yes where where do i edit these files or which files should be changed, i looked in data/ Menu/Cfg but thats as far as my knowledge goes not sure if im on the right track any help would be much appreciated thanks
dessert fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 06:06 AM   #2
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessert fox View Post
Hi gentleman i need help with my gui im currently using LSH - 2015 GUI OLC WIDESCREEN i want to know can i move some of my dails that i have in attack periscope to my external camera view for example i want my torpedo tube selection to also dislpay when i switch to external camera view is this possible if yes where where do i edit these files or which files should be changed, i looked in data/ Menu/Cfg but thats as far as my knowledge goes not sure if im on the right track any help would be much appreciated thanks
You have to learn how to work with "SHIII:\data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini". You try to copy things, not move. There are Documentations around what all these Parts in the Menu*.ini are good for.
As things have been already changed in this file in LSH3v15 i see no reason it could not be re-changed again. Maybe a month of work on a every evening basis.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 11:48 PM   #3
dessert fox
Watch

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the respond and yes sorry my mistake i ment copy
dessert fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 05:06 PM   #4
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

"Menu.iniGuides.rar" from SquareSteelBar
"MenuIniGuide11.pdf" from SCUDDER
"SH3MenuTutorial.pdf" from Latemail

where a good startpoint.
For Links maybe search a little in s7rikeback's collection. Look at his signature of last posts here. Or in the CommunityMods-collection found in sticky thread "Maiks serious SH3-Mod archives". Look at Last page of Plissken_04 post.

I dont know for shure if these are listed under Modder-name or in something like "Documentation" or so.

HTH
Old 02-23-24, 06:11 PM   #5
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Any progress?

Around 76 sections (what are 1067 lines) from G26 "Page attack periscope" may be copied and re-numbered to G34 "Page exterior". With new ItemID and rearranged ParentID. Then it may be look like this (Not WideScreen):

All the new Buttons/Dials to work needs also the entries added into Dials.cfg.

With the Help of the Menu-Editor integrated in SH5 and 'mySH3-TooL' should be possible within the target Time-scale.