SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-10, 09:19 AM   #5551
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

At some time Jim made it available via torrent for download , don't know if it's still working...
Anyway, uploading to Mediafire now.
Old 07-22-10, 10:05 AM   #5552
U-snafu
XO

Downloads: 28

Thank you kind sir!

Looking forward to getting back into it.

much regards, snafu
Old 07-22-10, 10:12 AM   #5553
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Welcome back U-Snafu.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:41 AM   #5554
Hangman
Bosun

Downloads: 39

This is rough. I know I'm running a little late (ok, a lot late), but I just bought SHIII and am looking to get some mod's for it. I have been doing some reading and am (was) looking forward to GWX 3.0 and getting them installed. But to find the GW's have been disbanded and things are falling apart are sad indeed.
It's been difficult to find which ones I need and which have been updated, which to download, etc.
Does the Subsim SuperDVD have these mod's on it ??
Any suggestions on where to go and what to look for - for a latecomer just now investing in SHIII ??

I do plan on picking up SHIV within the year so perhaps I should start looking at getting the mod's for that as well. Then burn all these mods to disk so I have them when needed as it sounds as though getting in on this late does have it's disadvantages.
Old 07-22-10, 10:51 AM   #5555
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-snafu View Post
wow -picked the wrong time to get the bug to jump right back into sh3--seems filefront has some issues--can't d/l anything from there--(has anyone been able to get anything from there in last 12 hours?)
I know, same thing happen to me. I've been try many different proxy, no joy
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:59 AM   #5556
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
This is rough. I know I'm running a little late (ok, a lot late), but I just bought SHIII and am looking to get some mod's for it. I have been doing some reading and am (was) looking forward to GWX 3.0 and getting them installed. But to find the GW's have been disbanded and things are falling apart are sad indeed.
It's been difficult to find which ones I need and which have been updated, which to download, etc.
Does the Subsim SuperDVD have these mod's on it ??
Any suggestions on where to go and what to look for - for a latecomer just now investing in SHIII ??

I do plan on picking up SHIV within the year so perhaps I should start looking at getting the mod's for that as well. Then burn all these mods to disk so I have them when needed as it sounds as though getting in on this late does have it's disadvantages.
Hi Hangman - welcome!

Re GWX, altho the development team responsible for that supermod is no longer working together on newer versions of it, GWX3 Gold is still very much available (temporary FileFront issues notwithstanding), perfectly playable, and awesome. You will also find plenty of "technical support" for it in the ginormous manual that comes with it as well as from members of the team and other users just by asking or searching for it in these forums. So don't let talk of the team "disbanding" dissuade you from trying it out. All that means is that they finished the job they set out to do - the results are still there for everyone to enjoy.

There are also other supermods available that are documented and/or discussed in the Mods Workshop forum if you want to give one or all of those a looksee. That forum is also a gold mine of information on lots of other, smaller mods to enhance various aspects of gameplay. You can also find a lot of stuff by clicking on the Downloads link and browsing through what's available for each game - if you have questions, check in the forum for any relevant threads and then ask away.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 01:37 PM   #5557
U-snafu
XO

Hangman, I believe the subsim dvd does have it--but you can donate to subsim (worthwile donation even without the d\l perk) and get a download link. Currently doing that now and is fairly fast d/l speed. Also, if I understood alex correctly, believe he's getting it up on mediefire possibly .
Old 07-22-10, 01:48 PM   #5558
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Yep, but it's taking time with the low bandwidth I have...

Will update that post as I get each file uploaded.

@ U-Snafu : ah, so you're downloading it from Subsim, good. Well I'll still upload all files to Mediafire, maybe someone will like to get them through this site.

Mediafire links to everything GWX-related :
GWX3-1.bin
GWX3-2.bin
GWX3-3.bin
GWX3-4.bin
GWX3-5.bin
GWX3-6.bin
GWX3-7.bin
GWX3.exe
GWX3 Commander Files
SH3Cmdr GWX Aircraft Markings

And I recommend using every mod labelled "OLC", particularly OLC Gold MkIId for which you can find this flat sun fix for GWX3.0.

Last edited by Alex; 07-23-10 at 06:21 AM.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 02:06 PM   #5559
U-snafu
XO

Ahh---sorry Alex--I had grabbed the don/dl link before your post of uploading it and just got it downloaded when i got back to the 'puter.

From last page of posts though --looks like it is still in demand and as filefront seems to be just as buggy as i remembered it--should not be a wasted effort.

Again --thanks to you and all the other team for the continuous support of GWX.

@Kpt,--ty for the welocme back--good to see a lot of the GWX team still around.

@ hangman--yah--even for one who use to play sh3 regular--with a long break--the new additions are staggering to sort through--but you can't go wrong with grabbing GWX and commander---will keep you plenty entertained until you decide to tinker around more later
Old 07-23-10, 06:20 AM   #5560
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Feel free to download anything GWX-related from mediafire now : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=5561
Old 07-23-10, 07:36 AM   #5561
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-snafu View Post
Hello all---been gone for over a year--as always --coming back to reliable sh3 again--was never a regular on the forums but good to see a lot of the same people here --sad on the gwx disband but good to see some of them still around----

using the instructions from various posts in these great forums--got it running on my new system with vista 64--patched--all set--except--

read that gwx3.0 is only good from jim's sig d/l-----but just tried to download them and when i get to the part of download now---says page not found----jim, is your page down?

much regards --snafu
Apologies for the lateness of my response but I was away on business yesterday.

It would indeed appear that FF is experiencing difficulties but the file I teasted has had 105 d/l already this week so I should imagine the fault will be of a temporary nature.

Welcome back

Thanks for filling in Alex

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 11:11 AM   #5562
Alex
Dominant Wolf

You're welcome Chief, the pleasure is all mine.
Old 07-23-10, 04:18 PM   #5563
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Nice cover Alex.

(You suck up!)
Old 07-23-10, 06:29 PM   #5564
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Old 07-26-10, 07:09 AM   #5565
U-snafu
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Apologies for the lateness of my response but I was away on business yesterday.

It would indeed appear that FF is experiencing difficulties but the file I teasted has had 105 d/l already this week so I should imagine the fault will be of a temporary nature.

Welcome back

Thanks for filling in Alex
No apologies needed Jimbuna--knew it wouldn't be long before you were back online--i was just being impatient--& file front always been hit and miss it seems--good to see you still around in sh3-

Gwx as awesome as i remember--have had limited time but got to run a patrol or 2---now to add some of the amazing goodies that the subsim modders have been coming up with--my eyes bleeding from reading all the pages

regards, snafu