SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-16, 06:27 PM   #2776
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ha, don't joke about that, I've already gotten two

I Will set you up in about4 hours.

Good job, everyone

(Shouting at top of my voice) Admiral on Deck!!!!

Everyone look busy.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-16, 06:50 PM   #2777
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

We don't have to look busy. We ARE busy. You guys are the best mod team this side of Procyon!

When I get the credentials, my plan is to upload. Of course if you're an hour from THE PATCH, I could be persuaded to wait for it.....

Thank you Neal! No hurry there.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-16, 07:54 PM   #2778
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166
Uploads: 0

The grasshoppers are eating razor wire and pooping razor blades...You better hurry,this could get real messy!!!
Old 11-28-16, 09:45 PM   #2779
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Account activated.
Old 11-29-16, 06:49 AM   #2780
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Checks watch for the umpteenth time and still no sign of vo.4, there's no time for sleeping RR there's a bloody war on you know.
Old 11-29-16, 12:47 PM   #2781
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ahoy Captains,
A big thanks to you all for this (FOTRS Ultimate) Downloading now and can"t wait to try it out! Will let you know how it works for me after a few career missions!!:Kaleun _Cheers:
Captnmike.
Old 11-29-16, 12:51 PM   #2782
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Places everybody. Have a seat. This time it's for real.

Okay, we're going for it: the opening of our first public beta release! Call it
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N! (YES, that's finally a link there!)

After much fumbling with keys, sticking chronometers in front of torpedo fire buttons, wait a minutes from mission/campaign wizards in the mod team and a little sleep last night, here it is: the public beta of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v0.40 Public Beta.

It's our aim to be the goto mod for people who play SH4 and ask "what mod should I use." With this release, we're not there yet. This base mod is a tribute to the work of the Aces of the Deep Modding Team of Germany, headed up by AOTD_MadMax. As such, it is intended to keep as much of their work as possible intact, bringing their vision to a brand new audience here at Subsim, those who predominately play single player with the Silent Hunter 4:U-boat Missions version of the game. When you see it, you'll have to agree that their vision was knockout amazing!

You'd better have patience. Weighing in at 967,314 megabytes packed, 3.6 gigabytes unpacked, FOTRS Ultimate Edition is larger than any other mod. We recommend that you have at least 4 GB of RAM and apply the Large Address Aware patch to SH4.exe. We recommend that you change your desktop shortcut to point to SH4.exe instead of gu.exe. Finally we recommend that you have a pristeen SH4 stock file lockbox so you can deal with the inevitable mod soup you will create by adding mods to FORTSU.

Please post any issues you have with as much detail of the circumstances as you can in this thread.

This isn't the end. It's the BEGINNING! Thanks to the mod team and closed beta testers! I didn't deserve you but I got you anyway!

Oh.....What's that 100 crap before the name of the mod? Well, it's important and I think you'll agree when we get to the real star of the FOTRSU show: Certified Plug-in Mods. More details on that later. We are changing the way Silent Hunter 4 is played. The best is yet to come.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-29-16 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 02:51 PM   #2783
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Excellamundo! Rockin Robbins, I'd like to thank you for your calm, steady leadership, and for letting us loose in the lab with explosive materials. It's been a real blast mixing all this together...

In the credits for Florida Sailor, you could add the line "Private Consultant to propbeanie and cdrsubron7 - my bill is in the mail". Lest we forget, CapnScurvy is the one who gave us those wonderful scout airplanes that launch from the BB, CA & CL, and can drop bombs down your periscope while you're sighting your target. btw RR, for me, that should be "Campaign Weenie", as in Weenie Hut Junior. cdrsubron7 is the genie, with the good eye for detail, and the finder of things not done correctly...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 02:59 PM   #2784
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Lest we forget, CapnScurvy is the one who gave us those wonderful scout airplanes that launch from the BB, CA & CL, and can drop bombs down your periscope while you're sighting your target.
Now you've made the good Capn a good deal of trouble as players now know who to curse!
Old 11-29-16, 03:31 PM   #2785
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
cdrsubron7 is the genie, with the good eye for detail, and the finder of things not done correctly...

There is a difference between finding things and stumbling into them, ya know.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 05:07 PM   #2786
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Wow! That's a groaner!
You are right - I had noticed that a few times

Pretty sure it is not in TMO 2.5 (I would have to double check that)

That is what happens when you convert from yards to meters, and then back to yards again - as I am sure everyone here knows

Never an issue for me - I never had to use that chart

I know 7 knots equals 7nm per hour

I figure as long as someone can do their 12 times table they can pretty much ignore that chart

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 05:58 PM   #2787
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

What is the crush depth for the subs??The gauge shows periscope depth but no crush depth marker..(tool bar) I have also enabled the crush depth mod and no marker.
Old 11-29-16, 06:26 PM   #2788
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

No mods have crush depth markers. Some have design depth markers in red, but those can be safely disregarded. We didn't change anything about sub durability from what we inherited from FOTRS. I took a Porpoise down to about 650 and came back up when I heard the glass breaking sounds. At about 375 the sub died, so crush depth isn't treated like some mods. You take accumulated damage until you die. I like it a lot. Nobody knew what crush depth was for their sub in the war. We shouldn't know either.

Now I'm going to channel Ducimus. This is a supermod. It specifically is not compatible with other mods, especially environmental mods. The environment in SH4 isn't just eyecandy, but invades all aspects of your and the enemy's detection, the ability to lock the periscope, yada, yada and so on. Also, FOTRS Ultimate pushes the limit of the game's tolerance for monkey business to the uttermost. The mod you add might be your last!

That being said, we stuck to the JSGME installation because we don't want to be in a position of telling you how to play your game. Some great things happen when players try something stupid and something really great happens.
Old 11-29-16, 06:31 PM   #2789
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post
What is the crush depth for the subs??The gauge shows periscope depth but no crush depth marker..(tool bar) I have also enabled the crush depth mod and no marker.
The red line on the deep depth gauge shows the 'you are not gonna die at this depth' - as guaranteed by the Electric Boat Company, and also by the Naval Shipyard at Mare Island

If I remember right it shows about 250 feet in the early war hulls, and 400-450 feet in the later war hulls

Of course you and I know we can go deeper

But how much deeper?

Secret - I do not want to have to kill you

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-16, 06:32 PM   #2790
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117
Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N

Fitzcarraldo, XTBilly, Bleiente, cdsubron7 (okay, you're drafted with the right to opt out!) and I announce the foolhardy project to 1) Save FOTRS, bringing all three versions home to Subsim where they will be preserved, and the foolhardy part 3) to consolidate the best features of 1.2 and 1.3, which are for SH4UBM and FOTRS 2.0, written for SH4 v1.4, into a single FOTRS Ultimate mod for SH4UBM, since close to 100% of people are playing that version.

Propbeanie has volunteered as a guinea pig, but in this organization we don't like guinea pigs, we use crash test dummies! Propbeanie, you're our first. Thanks for volunteering for the punishment.

I'm in the middle of the first part of the project, importing and protecting the three versions of FOTRS directly in the Subsim downloads section. I have FOTRS 1.2 uploaded now but not linked to the downloads section. 1.3 and 2.0 will follow. I expect that to take a couple of days as uploading is very, very slow.

Then we'll talk about how to proceed. So far the sketchy and overoptomistic plan is to take v1.3 as a base, add Vickers interiors from 1.2, fix the sound problems, then take the extra ships from 2.0 and sound effects plus whatever else looks really great and add it to 1.3 to produce FOTRS Ultimate. The aim is that as far as possible, what comes out will remain the work of AOTDMadMax and we will add as little of our own work as we can. This will still be an AOTDMadMax mod when we're done.

If you can help please feel free to join the thread. I'm no Hitman, CapnScurvy, iambecomelife or Kpt. Lehmann, but we'll have to make do. We''ll do it by surrounding me with better modders than I am.

Onward! Into the fog!

Edit: that was the beginning. Yikes, now naive I was. I didn't know to be very afraid of the 3.6 gigabyte monster FOTRS Ultimate would become at its first Public Beta Release. You can jump forward to the Public Beta release announcement here.

Wow is this for sh4 1.5?
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote