Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #76
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by verde13 View Post
Really impressed with your work, i'll have to reinstall it, it seems.

What would be really great is if we could have a dynamic campaing
Oh man! yeah it would.

ZeeWolf

__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #77
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
This forum has been really quiet of late.Any T34 v Tiger topic particularly so,but now look at it!
I have to take off my hat to you modders.I have no skills in this area at all and can only guess at the hard work and long nights you guys spend working on these projects.
I always felt that this sim had potential but just got put out in an unfinished state and now you guys are going to make it what it should have been (or even better)
Hell,you even got some guys buying a copy of the game and others dusting off their copies.
Top work guys

Chucky....
Thanks again Chucky,
This all amazing to me, I've been hoping for a interest but this my by a
dream come true for me.

ZeeWolf

the Sturm HauBitz during trials.
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #78
VAseMkIII
Seaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Dude you are truely a talented guy, I am looking forward to your forthcomming release. (have been watching from the sidelines)

Just dont expect oodles of cash this is a very nieche market, especially SP

keep up the good work, just let us know as soon as we can catch copy of this.

I would really like to stop a German advance by knocking out a tiger on that bridge

All the best

Last edited by VAseMkIII; 11-28-2009 at 12:16 AM.
VAseMkIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #79
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
ZeeWolf

You've made my day. Can't wait for your mods. Whatever they cost they look worth it. I think I can round you up a few more customers also. I really liked T34vTiger and still play it all the time. With your mods, I'm sure T34vTiger can become the Silent Hunter4 of tank sims. Count me in as another enthusiastic supporter.

Edward
Hello Edward,
Thanks man you made my day. To be compared to Silent Hunter 4 is awesome

My best regards,
ZeeWolf

The map area of the new Kursk map (22.3 x 22.3 Miles) to give you an idea
of the kinda potential and scale of the battlefield

__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #80
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I think I can also bring some more; I take part in a web community that also likes tanks besides naval warfare, and they used to play T34 and love it
That would be outstanding Hitman

ZeeWolf
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #81
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige View Post
And I have already brought you a few more customers

I will keep the news spreading and hopefully this thing just keeps gathering momentum!

Nice Panther and Tiger II models
Freiwillige what can I say man, you are the best

ZeeWolf
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #82
Freiwillige
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 1,458
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default

From OKW
To ZeeWolf

The Sturm HauBitz model is looking fantastic! We at the OKW are overjoyed at your compliments to our war effort.

You are now as of this date and effective immediately granted the status of Field Marshal.

Keep up the good work!

O.K.W. Ost, General der Panzertruppe
Heinz Wilhelm Guderian
__________________
(Sample lyrics from Fritz von Titz hit album u-boat musik to make love to)
Torpedo Los baby, Topedo Los! You've sunk my heart baby, Danke schone you sea vixen! You make me have to dive deep darling, C.O. rig for silent loving.)
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #83
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige View Post
From OKW
To ZeeWolf

The Sturm HauBitz model is looking fantastic! We at the OKW are overjoyed at your compliments to our war effort.

You are now as of this date and effective immediately granted the status of Field Marshal.

Keep up the good work!

O.K.W. Ost, General der Panzertruppe
Heinz Wilhelm Guderian
Ich werde, mein zuverlässiger Kamerad, bis unseren Sieg!

ZeeWolf
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #84
VAseMkIII
Seaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Zee

Do you think that urban areas are a possibility, obviously if you choose to do the bagration offensive, you would need model Minsk (railhead) Bobriusk (town). Do you think it would be possible to have a large sprawling Urban environment to have close in knife fights in ???
VAseMkIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #85
FC
Nub
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Each time I vist here I am more and more impressed with your work. You must be a very talented person to be able to do all this. I have been spreading the word to all my online freinds about your upcomming release of this sim and hopefully will see the numbers growing here on this site in support of your project.
I hope all who had who celabrate ThanksGiving had a great turkey day. With the Holidays here upon us and this project close to some sort of release maybe there is really is a Santa. Thanks.FC
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #86
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team
 
Hitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Spain
Posts: 6,234
Downloads: 108
Uploads: 2


Default

One more question, if you don't mind answering Zee

To which extent have code modifications been implemented? I heard T34vsTG was an "open game" in many aspects, but what about the own exe file, the hard code, and such? Any chances of imporving/fixing that also?

I'm thinking in terms of the ability to provide continuous and improved support & modifications, like some dedicated guys have done with the venerable "European Air War" and "Enemy Engaged: Apache vs. Hokum"

I'd like to see your project been backed up by whoever publisher/company has retained the assets of the original code (if they even exist), and even if possible, contact with the oruiginal developers to ask for the code keys would be awesome. As I see it, whoever publisher retains the right to distribute the game, can only win with your project, because many new copies of T34vsTG will be sold (I ordered mine already!!!)

__________________
One day I will return to sea ...
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #87
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAseMkIII View Post
Zee

Do you think that urban areas are a possibility, obviously if you choose to do the bagration offensive, you would need model Minsk (railhead) Bobriusk (town). Do you think it would be possible to have a large sprawling Urban environment to have close in knife fights in ???

Most definitely for the small towns and cities and of course trains
(love' em).
But that will be a FUTURE focus in mass.I also figure the cities along a
river is where we can have my bridges and RR trestles I have planed.
And there is an opportunity for other guys to contribute models of structures and stuff necessary for that process to be hastened, for sure.

Zee
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #88
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Each time I vist here I am more and more impressed with your work. You must be a very talented person to be able to do all this. I have been spreading the word to all my online freinds about your upcomming release of this sim and hopefully will see the numbers growing here on this site in support of your project.
I hope all who had who celabrate ThanksGiving had a great turkey day. With the Holidays here upon us and this project close to some sort of release maybe there is really is a Santa. Thanks.FC
Thanks FC you are an encouragement to me.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

ZeeWolf
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #89
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great NorthWest
Posts: 1,724
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
One more question, if you don't mind answering Zee

To which extent have code modifications been implemented? I heard T34vsTG was an "open game" in many aspects, but what about the own exe file, the hard code, and such? Any chances of imporving/fixing that also?

I'm thinking in terms of the ability to provide continuous and improved support & modifications, like some dedicated guys have done with the venerable "European Air War" and "Enemy Engaged: Apache vs. Hokum"

I'd like to see your project been backed up by whoever publisher/company has retained the assets of the original code (if they even exist), and even if possible, contact with the oruiginal developers to ask for the code keys would be awesome. As I see it, whoever publisher retains the right to distribute the game, can only win with your project, because many new copies of T34vsTG will be sold (I ordered mine already!!!)


Official backing would be incredible Hitman. G5 is a huge corporation and
they (if really wanted to) could have ran with this sim to new heights in
WWII tank sims. However, they didn't and you as well as I know they really
drop the ball on this with all most no support, etc.. So my goal is to
work on this project continually in the hopes some one who really is a
programmer (because I'm not) comes on board with the passion for WWII
tank stuff and really blows us away.
To answer your question completely I'll have to tell you that I come
alive when I am working on this project. I hate to have to shut down
for the night and love to resume first thing in the morning - all day
long I'm putt' en along on this thing. Always something needs attention,
tweaking of fixing. The perfect simulation is my real (but un-attainable)
goal. But I'll give it my best shot.

all the best,

ZeeWolf
__________________
Motto: "Putting the Zee in SIEG!" www.tanksimzw.com

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #90
morttheslayer
Soundman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW England UK
Posts: 146
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default T34 vs Tiger- kursk 1943 coming soon!

Zeewolf - I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me - yes I really appreciated your shot of the "carnage" indeed I had to have a shot of whisky I was so overcome !!
I'm monitoring progress with admiration - ready and willing to part with some cash for your marvellous efforts. I would be interested to hear how you intend to distribute the upgrade and what form (content) you would include. ATB Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim