Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-15, 08:21 PM   #211
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
Travel-mode in SH5 is a nice step in the right direction but it should be more customize-able and more of the day-to-day management of the u-boat should be optionally delegate-able to the AI."

I'm impressed by the detailed sinking data and the way that it's presented over at UBoat.net I'd love to see in-game sinkings tracked and presented as is done there with Google Maps http://uboat.net/allies/merchants/lo...?qdate=1939-09
I couldn't disagree more on your first point. I think it does a disservice to a sim to not include things that a skipper would have to deal with. I feel SH5 wholeheartedly misses the mark on this. Things that happen on real boats (was in the Navy, till a week ago) like random breakdowns happen all the time. You should need to worry about food, fatigue, fuel, morale (actually didn't mind SH3's attempt at crew management and didn't play SH4). Yes I agree that you should be able to delegate this stuff if it disinterests you or doesn't make it more of a simulator for you, but more options is always better in my mind. Having said that, I think SH5 failed because they did try to do too much, then basically didn't finish it and left huge chunks of vital gameplay and functionality out. While I applaud the attempt for more RPG elements....it's so short on substance it's a non factor. They should have had at least an office back on shore...or something to look forward to when going to port...besides the visuals...which are nice.

For your second point....yeah it'd be great to track all of your sinkings throughout your career (vice just current patrol)....think AOTD had this...but can't remember.

As far as SH6.....only see it if another company does a complete rebuild that fills in the gaps of all SH3-4-5. Ubisoft is damaged goods as far as i'm concerned. Just so much hype and piss poor delivery. SH5 is beautiful looking....that is about it before the Modders took it over. But it still leaves a "what if" in my mind....it just feels like stuff is missing...doesn't keep me glued to it.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 10:05 AM   #212
Hawkinsbk
Nub

Downloads: 2

i would love to see a Silent Hunter 6

i did like Silent Hunter 4 deeply much, so nice graphic nice controls battles everything

but Silent Hunter 5 was deepest dissapointing
only good thing you could walk arround on ur whole boat yea cool
but the rest, ugly graphic ugly fire ugly battles look so old game arcade like, talking to ur crew who make ugly corrupted animation etc etc

all they would need to do is a Silent Hunter 4 rework to add the full crew ability and more easy missions editor aka Arma 3 / Operation Flashpoint like, just click and place units and it would be the best Sub game ever on my oppinion
Hawkinsbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 10:07 AM   #213
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Aboard Hawk

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 10:28 AM   #214
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Welcome to SUBSIM Hawk :-)

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 12:25 PM   #215
Hawkinsbk
Nub

Downloads: 2

thanks everyone
Hawkinsbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 12:47 PM   #216
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default weicome aboard!

Hawkinsbk!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 09:03 AM   #217
Kensai7
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

We really need an IL-2 equivalent of submarine simulations. Was thinking about this the other day... Before IL-2 Sturmovik, combat flight simulations were meh, but the IL-2 series really pushed the limits of what was possible as far as graphics, physics, and realism could go.

Why Ubisoft has abandoned us...
Kensai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 11:43 AM   #218
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

IL2 was created by a man with a vision, and the willingness to make it come true. The original Silent Hunter was created by a team with a vision, and the willingness to make it come true.

SH2 and all of its followers were created by a company which is only in it for the money. They hire a team which may or may not have a vision, but if the money doesn't come in the company goes with something else.
Old 03-18-15, 11:10 PM   #219
JT1981
Planesman

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
IL2 was created by a man with a vision, and the willingness to make it come true. The original Silent Hunter was created by a team with a vision, and the willingness to make it come true.

SH2 and all of its followers were created by a company which is only in it for the money. They hire a team which may or may not have a vision, but if the money doesn't come in the company goes with something else.
Money is very important in this real world....we eat,live,travel....everything need money,we can not live without moeny....even play sh5 with so many mods,,,we need moeny to buy a better pc with good cpu,large ram,excellent videocard and so on...

ubi is a company,not a charity,,the company's purpose is to earn more moeny,so i think the sh series are over,because ubi could not get more money by this project...
JT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 08:56 AM   #220
Grüber
Swabbie

Downloads: 85

They could, IF it was not full of bugs.
Grüber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 07:30 PM   #221
Skoaler
Watch

Downloads: 403
Uploads: 18

I really like SH5 .. especially after the addon mods. Would love to see SH4 with ww2 american boat done the same with walk around inside and out and crews. If the game is dead then the only solution is a mod for SH5. They use GR2 granny model files. I have a plugin for 3ds max but a simple overwrite of a test exported GR2 file of a sub in SH5 causes the game to crash. This does not happen in Flight simulator X where you can make a simple box in FSDS and save it as an MDL file and overwrite a stock aircraft.s MDL. You load FSX and there is your box on the runway and you can fly it around and everything. With SH5 it is crash to desktop. It is a start... more testing but this will be tooo complicated. I have made an SH5 sub to have no conning tower in these test. You can camera over it and even look down inside the hatch to the interior and see the crew moving around. You can walk around on the deck with no tower -weird
Skoaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 06:32 PM   #222
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Skoaler
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Having Tonnage Bar Problems Then You Need My Tutorial Post #188

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 08:46 PM   #223
Skoaler
Watch

Downloads: 403
Uploads: 18

Nevermind, I did all known test. The sub models in this game are hard coded into the game engine.. Only the main dev can do it. It would make the dev killer money to make a ww2 US sub like SH5 even if it was a dev addon expansion pay mod with a few missions. It was Silent hunter 1 that started it all.. so hail ubisoft dev.. just do it... HA
Skoaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 05:15 AM   #224
matsu
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 59
Icon14 Destroyer command 2

SH3 is the best subsim of WWII era. I don't need SH6. However, I need Destroyer command 2.
matsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 06:35 AM   #225
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim matsu

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote