SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: You are sunk most by:
Air dropped torpedo 29 39.19%
Air dropped depth charge 16 21.62%
Sub launched ASW missile 3 4.05%
Sub launched torpedo 9 12.16%
Surface launched ASW missile 5 6.76%
Surface launched torpedo 6 8.11%
Surface launched depth charge 6 8.11%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-18, 01:24 AM   #16
SiegDerMaus
Edgerunner

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

What I find helps most is, if you can launch without them hearing the transient, to guide your fish in at an extreme angle. What I do is I get good solution on a contact, then pop above/below the layer (whichever side they're not on) and turn parallel to them to fire a torpedo from the side facing away (they seem to hear that less often, maybe it's just my imagination). Then I let the torpedo run parallel to their course and, only when it's a good distance away from me do I adjust course for an intercept. When they finally hear the torpedo, they will fire down its bearing and you'll be sitting comfortably faaar away.
SiegDerMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 09:21 PM   #17
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

You seem to have forgotten grinding the bottom of the ship off on the sea floor, collisions with other vessels (I seem to get assigned the Greeneville often...), and bugs.
Old 09-25-18, 03:02 AM   #18
Christopher Snow
Engineer

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
You seem to have forgotten grinding the bottom of the ship off on the sea floor, collisions with other vessels (I seem to get assigned the Greeneville often...), and bugs.

It's been years since I played RSR on my IBM PC, but I honestly don't remember that many bugs. Given that I can't even get this wireless keyboard to work that well with a receiver just four or five feet away, I suppose I remember those days with more fondness.
Christopher Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 08:24 PM   #19
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulsanne917 View Post
It's been years since I played RSR on my IBM PC, but I honestly don't remember that many bugs. Given that I can't even get this wireless keyboard to work that well with a receiver just four or five feet away, I suppose I remember those days with more fondness.

I thought this poll was for Cold Waters, not RSR...and while bugs aren't that common in CW, I have encountered some in the past that have sunk me.