SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-17, 11:59 AM   #3526
MsStandart
Nub

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Cheers sailors!

Some questions regarding OM or SH4. Since I am new to the game I am not really sure the following "issues" belong to OM or SH4.

Going to persicope depth means the boat dives to 15 meter although my officer tells me depth is 10 meter, it means also I can barely see out of the water. Not really sure if this is supposed to be that way!?

The mission targets are not clear. For example: the briefing tells me to go to AN65, the mission sign tells me to go to AN68.

Maybe I messed something up during installation or so? I hope someone can clear things up. Thx!
MsStandart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 07:39 AM   #3527
nionios
Sparky

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStandart View Post
Cheers sailors!

Some questions regarding OM or SH4. Since I am new to the game I am not really sure the following "issues" belong to OM or SH4.

Going to persicope depth means the boat dives to 15 meter although my officer tells me depth is 10 meter, it means also I can barely see out of the water. Not really sure if this is supposed to be that way!?

The mission targets are not clear. For example: the briefing tells me to go to AN65, the mission sign tells me to go to AN68.

Maybe I messed something up during installation or so? I hope someone can clear things up. Thx!
For grids:look at post #1,paragraph 10
10. KM Grids: As the locations of the objectives in the OM campaign aren't 100% accurate either, in about 1/3 of the missions the objective location isn't in the right grid (although they are never far apart).

The grid is only really inaccurate in weirdly shaped grids, which are AM, AN and AO, and small sections of AD, AJ, AK, BF and CH. All other grids are pretty much on the correct location.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 09:29 AM   #3528
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

... and for your periscope depth setting, if you don't have "Stabilize View", or whatever it is in the Game Play Settings (click on the filing cabinet over between the map and the exit door, prior to going out, and you can get to the Options for play there. If you want to have the water splashing up, like it did in RL, and visibility is really bad at PD, then just click on the depth gauge and get your boat another half meter or so out of the water. A little goes a long way, but remember that the higher you are, the easier it is to spot you, to the point that your shears might be all the way out of the water... Also, the different boats have different "Periscope Depth" settings in the game, and I don't know if those settings are mention in the OM ReadMe file or not... they may have changed them in the mod... I do have to try the mod again myself. It's been forever it seems...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 01:33 PM   #3529
funnydead
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 26

I seem to have run into a bug.

Using the mission editor, when I load my mission it appears that the French destroyers does not spawn.
funnydead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 03:55 PM   #3530
propbeanie

You are dealing with a lurker_hlb3 mod. When you edit his files in the Mission Editor, you've trashed his "schedule" for the RGG. The RGG probably will spawn, but they'll generally be at least 24 hours "late", maybe 25 hours.

You can sometimes "fix" the issue by finding all instances of "DelayMin=" (which have probably been re-set to "DelayMin=60"), and put them at either "DelayMin=0" (zero) or "DelayMin=1", if you don't trust the "zero" figure... You might also check the "MaxInst=" figure, which in most lurker files is set to "MaxInst=1"... but not always... It's always best to work from a copy of the files, and make your own little mod add-in for the corrections. Refer to the original lurker OpMon files for examples and guidance.

Old 06-24-17, 02:51 PM   #3531
TorpexXIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 197
Default Op Monsun targeting those sonbitches

Hi all,

First off my apologies for asking a newbie Q...

Im back to the forums and SH4 after a long break. Im loving Op Monsun but have a probably very simple Q.

How in Gods Holy name do you easily ID targets manually on Op Monsun!? There are a million different ships and the auto ID is missing on full realism. I spend hours trying to ID targets only to get it wrong and am always missing my targets as a result.

Please help....

(Is there an auto ID mod...?)
TorpexXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 04:44 PM   #3532
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

nice mod.

courage and wisdom
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 06:20 PM   #3533
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

funnydead! After a long silent 9 year run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 11:34 AM   #3534
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Two questions: How with 'crash to desktop' and other bugs? How good defend english ports?
Old 08-15-17, 02:25 AM   #3535
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

2. question answer
Find out yourself

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 07:00 AM   #3536
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I need concrete answer. The environment is awesome, but you need to make something with high waves, it's look so terrible
Old 08-15-17, 11:02 AM   #3537
propbeanie

lurker did what he could, but the German side of SH4 was not "complete" by any stretch of the imagination when it was released. It's almost like Ubi had decided "the modders will fix it." But there are still a few SH4 issues that you will encounter, as any of the mods do, with "Dates" being one of the main ones. Whenever the dates of February 29 and June 31 (there are others) are encountered, dependent upon what it is that uses the date, you may lose your Home Port for a while, or you may experience a crash, or some other anomoly. It happens.

The environment is a "compromise" at best, in that if you make the seas too high, no ships survive and people complain. If you make them too low, the ships survive, and people complain... It's a catch-ah twenty-two... I do not recall where the settings are, but you could always try to increase the winds and / or the seas yourself, and see if you can find a "balance" more to your liking.

Old 08-16-17, 11:47 AM   #3538
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Can someone answer, my torpedoes is always dud, what it can be? I changed torpedo textures just, AI sensors and environment files, as i can imagine that can't be a wayto that bug, but the bug is it. What it can be? Pls,answer, who can.
Old 08-16-17, 01:19 PM   #3539
propbeanie

Are they actually hitting the target ship, giving you a "Thung!" sound, and then a crewman reporting "The torpedo was a dud, sir!"? Or are you just not getting an explosion, and assuming the torpedo is a dud? What can happen if you do certain modding, the torpedoes may well be passing through the ship, and not exploding, due to a "collision detection" not being triggered in the game. Therefore, it might look like a dud. Now, also, the Germans had issues with magnetic detonators and torpedoes running deep, just like the USN had to deal with. It didn't take them quite as long to fix their issue as it took the USN, but there was still a delay in that. What you could try is to untick the "Dud Torpedoes" in the game play settings when you are in the office, before you go on patrol. If you do single missions, you can use the Settings choice on the main menu. Either way, you have to diagnose what the root cause of the issue is first, before you can fix it.

Old 08-16-17, 01:46 PM   #3540
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I deleted my AI sensors. dat files (all) and textures of torpedoe, now it's ok, but still a lag with vision, first time iplayed was no lag, it's in the harbor, idon't know, may be environment lag or harbour lag, torpedo was dud without explosion. Think it can be regardless AI sensors, coz torpedo has asensors too. now ship sunk , all ok, but i see the picture of LSD...