SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-16, 03:22 AM   #91
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi areo16,

could you please test the new version and check whether it works on 32-bit (please download the mod from subsim since Plissken's server still has the older version)?

Regards, LGN1
I've tested version 6 on 32 bit and it appears to work correctly.
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 03:42 PM   #92
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Great news!

Thanks for testing, areo16!

Best, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 03:11 PM   #93
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi all,

I have uploaded a new version, V7. Based on some more experience with the tool, I have added a way to adjust the airstrike probability values.

Best, LGN1
Old 02-14-16, 06:26 PM   #94
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193

Good news, Thanks.
Old 07-23-16, 06:06 AM   #95
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Does this mod work together with WB's Mid Patrol Orders?
Old 07-25-16, 03:52 PM   #96
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi Obltn Strand,

I don't use WB's Mid Patrol Orders, but from what I know about it, I don't see a reason why the two mods shouldn't work together.

Best, LGN1

PS: I'm currently working on a new version with new features, however, it still may take some time.
Old 07-25-16, 11:23 PM   #97
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Hi Obltn Strand,

I don't use WB's Mid Patrol Orders, but from what I know about it, I don't see a reason why the two mods shouldn't work together.

Best, LGN1

PS: I'm currently working on a new version with new features, however, it still may take some time.

I'm so envious. You have some extra time to work on your mod. I would like to work more on my but I only get a couple hours a week if any. I think your mod is great. I've already implemented it into SH3DC, making it auto-launch if they have SH3 Tracking Room installed. It makes the campaign more dynamic. It's an idea that you could certainly expand on. You could make the enemy or friendly AI much more responsive to user actions, moving ships here and there. You write in perl, so editing campaign files is easy for you.

Share your ideas with us if you don't mind. I was thinking maybe having the Ai respond by not just sending a task force but by increasing air cover as well. Even making it on a theatre level if the user continously sinks ships in a particular theatre. For example, if a user sinks many ships in the Med, for the Allies to bulk up ships in the Med theatre in general. Things like this. And perhaps somehow interact with the random spawning of merchants. To adjust the values to react to user sinkings in a general area, reflecting that merchants and convoys will try to avoid this area.

But the algorithms for such things, if there are various levels of how the AI will react, depending on the number or type of sinkings. This all could be kept track of, and you could get the community involved in thinking of an algorithm that would work for such AI behavoir. For example, a Carrier sinking should get what response (give it a number value on a scale). A C2 will get some other value on a scale. Also, ship types may have differing values during differnent years of the war, like early in the war a carrier sinking would be huge. In 1945, not so much as there were more carriers and the war was arguably already determined. But you could certainly take this to higher levels. I'd let the historians in these forums chime in on helping with such algorithm values and cause and effect situations.
Old 07-26-16, 01:13 AM   #98
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Quote:
Hi Obltn Strand,

Best, LGN1

Thanks. Seems like I have some tweaking cut out for me...
Old 08-01-16, 10:51 AM   #99
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Is this mod compatible with wac and What program do I need to launch .pl program?
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 01:22 PM   #100
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi all,

I have uploaded a new version. This version includes a new Résistance feature:

Later in the war there is a chance that your departure from a French port is known to the Allies and a destroyer group awaits you in the Bay of Biscay. In addition, there are special 'spotter' units in the Bay of Biscay which can detect you very early, i.e., it might be that the destroyers know your position before you detect them!

In order to have all features available you have to edit your campaign_rnd and campaign_lnd file.

Best, LGN1

@Niume: It should be compatible if you follow all the required installation steps (you might also check whether the units are available in WAC). You don't need to use the .pl file, you can use the exe.
Old 08-16-16, 01:26 PM   #101
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post
...You could make the enemy or friendly AI much more responsive to user actions, moving ships here and there. You write in perl, so editing campaign files is easy for you.

Share your ideas with us if you don't mind. I was thinking maybe having the Ai respond by not just sending a task force but by increasing air cover as well. Even making it on a theatre level if the user continously sinks ships in a particular theatre. For example, if a user sinks many ships in the Med, for the Allies to bulk up ships in the Med theatre in general. Things like this. And perhaps somehow interact with the random spawning of merchants. To adjust the values to react to user sinkings in a general area, reflecting that merchants and convoys will try to avoid this area.

But the algorithms for such things, if there are various levels of how the AI will react, depending on the number or type of sinkings. This all could be kept track of, and you could get the community involved in thinking of an algorithm that would work for such AI behavoir. For example, a Carrier sinking should get what response (give it a number value on a scale). A C2 will get some other value on a scale. Also, ship types may have differing values during differnent years of the war, like early in the war a carrier sinking would be huge. In 1945, not so much as there were more carriers and the war was arguably already determined. But you could certainly take this to higher levels. I'd let the historians in these forums chime in on helping with such algorithm values and cause and effect situations.
Hi areo,

there are indeed many possibilities for improvement. However, since all of these require a lot of work/time, I only implement the features which I like and which my time permits. In addition, there is not much feedback from other players so I don't think many players use the mod anyway.

Best, LGN1
Old 08-16-16, 02:14 PM   #102
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Quote:
Hi areo,

there are indeed many possibilities for improvement. However, since all of these require a lot of work/time, I only implement the features which I like and which my time permits. In addition, there is not much feedback from other players so I don't think many players use the mod anyway.

Best, LGN1
Bit of work to install it. Took better part of a rainy afternoon. Now to find time to play patrol with it...
Old 08-16-16, 06:56 PM   #103
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Hi areo,

Best, LGN1
I hear ya. But I enjoy modding and its just as fun as gaming anyway. So carrying on the work is really nothing.

I understand about feedback. I get quite little from my mod too, but my mod is quite buggy in its latest release anyhow.
Old 09-24-16, 05:57 AM   #104
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Well at first hand this mod made me sit on my butt fuzz while patrolling in north channel. That's good thing...
Think I play couple more patrols with it during this weekend and see how goes. Definetly worth all the trouble...

Great mod LGN1 yet another reason to continue this old game...
Old 09-25-16, 02:31 PM   #105
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi Obltn Strand,

I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the feedback!

Please let me know if you have any ideas about improvements or extensions. The tool offers many possibilities for improvements, however, there is hardly any feedback from anyone. Thus, the tool is expanded/improved mainly based on my own experience with it. And because I do not have much time for playing, the development is slow...

Regards, LGN1