Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-17, 04:28 PM   #1
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default P3 wth!

Target heading 185. You can see my flight path where I dropped 2 torpedoes from around 050 from the target from alt. 1500.
Look at history dots now.
Both torpedoes had RTE about 1500 yds less than range of target, which I believe was 6k.
Both torpedoes were Assigned to target which is clearly defined.
Both of them immediately start going right at target then amazingly start going 185 but not in their search pattern yet.
Third torpedo dropped from in front of target. Torpedo never turns to target, just keeps going 185.

How are you going to hit a target when the torpedoes immediately start going down the course the target is going INSTEAD OF RUNNING TO WHERE THE TARGET IS MARKED ON THE MAP, THEN STARTING ITS SEARCH PATTERN.

Next picture is 4th torpedo I dropped going 000. Target is 090 from me yet torpedo again takes off 185 and NEVER goes to where the target is!

The quick mission before this one.
I dropped 5 Captors in a CIRCLE around target, ALL Captors were within 2 nm of target.
Target going 180, 4 kts, 189 ft. Target never changed course/speed/depth
NOT one single Captor launched and at one time the target was literally right on top of a Captor.

These Captors were launched after I dropped ALL 8 torpedoes at the same target, and 7 of them did exactly as described above. ALL 7 went completely wrong way,1 ran out of gass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3Torpedoesgoingwhereverthey want.jpg (83.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg TwomoreP3Torpedoesgoingwhereverthey want.jpg (83.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by A-Ganger; 09-02-17 at 09:04 PM.
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 08:11 PM   #2
A-Ganger
Sparky

Lmao..P3 game earlier today.
Mk. 54 torpedo in circle pattern @ 1000 ft..
Enemy sub @ 1000 ft., 275 yds beside torpedo...
Torpedo's can't find that sub....wow

And again, shot 8 torpedo's, 6 went completely the wrong way! EVEN when shooting some of them at "specif bearings" instead of a target...goes wrong way

Captor torpedo launched..drove right beside enemy then went after an invisible contact.. must'a been a huge whale?!?!?!

FYI, I have weaponmalfunction turned off in .ini as well

Oh and funniest thing I've seen..ONe torpedo was jumping out of the water...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mk54wavediving.jpg (72.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-04-17, 02:24 AM   #3
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

You should to show screenshots of torpedo presets (before launching) because it is crucial for torpedo behaviour.

BTW, did you read RA_Weapon_Info_Rev38.pdf about AIR DROPPED TORPEDOES?

Quote:
Mk 50 Torpedo
Advanced Lightweight ASW Torpedo.

and

Mk 54 Torpedo
Advanced Lightweight Torpedo. (ASW/ASuW)

TORPEDO CONTROL:

Modes For SEARCH PATTERN - SNAKE.

" Left Side - Narrow SNAKE "
FLOOR: 01000 (By default)
SEARCH PATTERN: SNAKE
Key figure 0:
It will set to a torpedo such features - after sensor enabled the initial turn of a torpedo in the left sector. The amplitude of the snake narrow - a torpedo carries out a deviation on 30 degrees from preenable course. We admit a torpedo have started in 000 degrees, the ambassador of a beginning of performance of the snake the torpedo begins the left turn. When she will rise on a rate 330 - ( a deviation from the given preenable crs in 000 degrees - happened as 30 degrees) - the return turn in the right side begins. On a right shoulder, as soon as the rate of a torpedo will be 30 degrees - the return process - turn of a torpedo in the left side again on a rate 330 degrees etc.etc … to put it briefly snake cycle begins.

" Right Side - Narrow SNAKE "
FLOOR: 11000
Key figure 1.
As well as in the previous mode - the initial turn is carried out in the right sector.

" Left Side - WIDE SNAKE "
FLOOR: 21000
Key figure 2.
As well as in the First mode - the initial turn is carried out in the Left sector, with that difference, that the snake has increased snake amplitude - 45 degrees, as a consequence, a little wider range of viewing in lateral sectors.

" RIGHT Side - WIDE SNAKE "
FLOOR: 31000
Key figure 3.
Analogue of a Previous mode with only turn in the right sector.

Modes for SEARCH PATTERN - CIRCLE.

" Left Side - Narrow CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 01000
SEARCH PATTERN: CIRCLE
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the left side on small radius begins.

" Right Side - Narrow CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 11000
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the right side on small radius begins.

" Left Side - WIDE CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 21000
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the Left side on large radius begins
Diameter of a ring about 1.2 miles. (For different torpedoes on any other diameter range - depends on value of minimal radius given to a torpedo in DataBase, and own speed.)

" Right Side - WIDE CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 31000
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the Right on large radius begins.

Additional Mode: DIRECT MOVE
Key figures: 32555

" DIRECT MOVE "
FLOOR: 32555
SEARCH PATTERN: ANY - CIRCLE Or SNAKE
After enabled, sensor control, the torpedo goes directly in preenable course. Any maneuver does not make, the sensor control scans ahead of a torpedo.

Note: O.H. Perry (the default preset FLOOR as 32766 will establish to a torpedo 3935ft - the maximal depth Mk 50 torpedo)
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 03:10 AM   #4
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

I've made test for MK54:

PRESETS:

ACTION:

RESULT:

For me, everything works correct!
Old 09-04-17, 07:09 PM   #5
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

p7p8,

Great analysis and shots explaining in detail how all that worked. It also gave better understanding of the content of the RA manual addendum. Must admit that pictures are worth more than thousand words... or so they say. I wish the manual was furnished with more game shots showing how all this work.Thanks.

And thanks to A-Ganger for his diligent work and interest in RA-DW and trying to uncover bugs. Only methodical game testing like this can assure that things are solid or they are not...
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 02:51 PM   #6
A-Ganger
Sparky

Until you pointed it out, I NEVER noticed that mode/floor selection was for anything but for setting the floor of the torpedo!

It would have been helpful if the design of the torpedo section DID NOT have the mode and floor combined into 1 single cell.
Even in your picture, it almost looks like there is a . period after your 2 lol

At least it would separate the 2 different sections into 1 split section i.e.
2.1000 (mode/feet). I would have noticed that..

Thank you for explaining..testing out right now

Update:
Just looked at the RA wpn info..I know why I never saw your information.
It is all listed under the Mk. 50.
Under the Mk.54 section, there is only this little note; Torpedo Control: Similar Mk-50 Air Dropped Torpedo

Why I never noticed it..lol

Last edited by A-Ganger; 09-05-17 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-05-17, 03:57 PM   #7
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ganger View Post
It would have been helpful if the design of the torpedo section DID NOT have the mode and floor combined into 1 single cell.
Unfortunately, this is just the reality of modding Dangerous Waters. The game is not open to modding like other games, so little tricks and hacks like this are necessary to add these additional functionalities.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 09:18 PM   #8
A-Ganger
Sparky

Where I can get the torpedo settings of 32555 to work "most" of the time, this mod still is whacked.
And these are the dumbest torpedoes I've ever seen.

I mean really, eight Mk.54 torpedoes all set to 32555, on the depth of target in cheat mode, and 4 Captors.

1 torpedo managed to hit target.. Watched 1 torpedo drive right beside sub..kept on going. Watched other torpedoes tail sub then go off and do their own thing, and I watched the sub only launch 1 CM on just 2 of the torpedoes
Enemy sub in the middle of 4 Captors and not even 1 of them launched. They were sitting at 1477ft..deep water quick mission, and sub was driving all around them at 755 feet.

So I see 1 of 3 things relating to the P3 and Mh-60R Helo. Either this game in it's original state is completely broken for those, this mod has made these issues worse, or these Mk.54 and Captors are complete garbage. I already know the 54's/Captors are trash cos they can't detect a 300 + foot long submarine right in front of it, above it, below it nor beside it. Yea that ginormous long metallic thing in the water is not that hard for a torpedo to find.. Adcaps find them very easily.

Anyway, I'm about to remove the mod cos I find shooting 8 torpedoes at 1 sub and missing 7 times and having 4 captors sitting there doing nothing is pretty much wasting time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Really.jpg (88.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-20-17, 04:05 AM   #9
Polak2
Weps

Quote:
Anyway, I'm about to remove the mod cos I find shooting 8 torpedoes at 1 sub and missing 7 times and having 4 captors sitting there doing nothing is pretty much wasting time.
Since you have really spent quite a time on testing this issues with RA mod it would be good idea to repeat it all with just plain vanilla DW.That is , if possible, because many platforms and weapons were added in RA and perhaps not present in original DW.

In any event, your time spent on testing would most legitimately support the bug claim, if there is one. At that point I would try to submit all findings to the author of the RA mod on his forum.
Old 09-20-17, 08:31 AM   #10
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

I am completely unfamiliar with this 32555 direct mode. I've always had luck just using snake and making sure I splash the torpedo in the water a good distance from the sub so it can get a lock.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 12:44 PM   #11
A-Ganger
Sparky

After my post yesterday I reinstalled original game to latest update.

Original game the Captor and Mk 54 are not present, but the Mk.50 is the torpedo of choice. Ran another quick mission on difficult setting.

Approaching target from behind him, I'm flying 180 @ 500 ft.
Launched torpedo with target selected and a RTE of 2k yds, snake pattern. Torpedo turns and heads directly at target in which it is suppose to.

As I was flying over target, I launched another Mk 50 after I flew past the target, so now target was behind me about 1k yds.

Dropped another Mk.50-snake, torpedo turned 180 around (as it should since the TARGET was selected and even though it was behind me). Torpedo killed target. The 2nd torpedo hit before the 1 st one arrived since it was launched further away.
However, as the 2nd (closer) torpedo hit, the 1st one was directly on the target and went by it since it was no longer an active target.

Game worked exactly as it should!
Things to consider if you guys are investigating.

1. Original game: even if a target is behind you when you launch torpedo, the torpedo SHOULD turn immediately and head to the targets location. Worked as intended in original game.
2. RA Mod: All these new torpedo settings are really wasteful. I don't know if they were just made up settings or if in fact they are settings that an actual Mk. 50/54/P3/Helo uses?
3. If the torpedo responds as it should as I stated in 1.above, those settings are irrelevant.
The only reason I can ever see using those torpedo settings is if you were just shooting (at a specific bearing) when you are not sure a submarine is even there. But why would anyone do that. You only carry a limited qty.
4. I have played many games where I shot all 8 MK.54 at 1 target and "maybe" 1 of them finds a target, and that is if "any" of them actually do what the settings tell them to do.

Yesterday during 1 game I launched 3 torpedoes, all set to 32555, with target in front of me flying 180. And then I watch all 3 of them turn around and go 000 when the selected target was in front of me.

Captors:
1. I've played at least 6 games this past week where I had the enemy sub boxed in by 4 Captors, and then watch that sub drive around inside all 4 of them and none of them ever launched. I've watched the sub actually drive within 100yds of Captors and they still never fired?
2. It takes Captors a ridiculous amount of time to sink to 1477 ft. This may be accurate, but that's physics and all which I don't know. Just seems that a 3000 lb object wouldn't take as long to sink to 1500 ft.
Consider you drop one from 5000 ft and ^ it still takes the same time to sink or at least it appears to be the same amount of time.
3. This seems to happens maybe 1 out of every 20 Captors I've used, but 1 or 2 times I've seen a Captor launch the torpedo right after it hits the water. Whereas almost every other time these things don't do anything but sink very slowly and sit and listen to submarines drive around them lol.
Old 09-21-17, 04:21 PM   #12
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

New RA 1.43 is out.

Changelog:

1 - Some 3D models KONI FF Class has been fix.
2 - PMT & PMR doctrine fix.
3 - Active Sonar, default bug: The timing of the mark's drawing is synchronized with the time of echo return to the transmitting sub,
instead of drawing the mark at the moment when the sound ping just reached target platform.*
4 - UMS-72 "Grad" ASuW mission: effectiveness weapon has been decreased.
5 - OHIO SSBN User platform: Damage sonar systems fix.*
6 - Stadimeter CTD problem when scrolling through the list of platforms fix hopefully finally.
7 - Alfa SSN, Sierra-I, II SSN: MAD profile has been fix.
8 - Alfa SSN: Max scale depth meter fix to 500 meters.*
9 - IL-38 mini campaign: Fixed an error that incorrectly sets the result of the accuracy of the container drop
10 - Captor Mk 60 , Captor PMK-2 (User Planes): doctrine fix.

You should try

BTW: i know that main modder uses Win7, not Win10. It is very problematic because most of "your" detected bugs are not happend in win7.

If you wanna play MP i think only RA players are still active. Consider this fact.
Old 09-21-17, 11:53 PM   #13
Polak2
Weps

A-Ganger,
I hope you are monitoring ReinForce Alert main thread at Red Rogers forum. Special fix for P3 TAKKO was issued upon your bug notification (notice post #2671 with your name mentioned) and subsequently that fix was included in the latest RA 1.43

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...554#post144554

My point is, that indeed there appears to be some issues with win10 and P3, which you have diligently noticed in your extensive testing. Perhaps, its anybody's guess, there might be even other problems as nearly 10 years old simulation is being subjected here not only to evolving and changing OS, but modding as well.

As a bystander rather and only occasional reader of the various DW forums and YouTube DW videos watcher, I greatly appreciate your time and forum input dealing with the problems, or bugs. I hope your testing and posts here would continue in the future and you will not give up on RA mod entirely.
Old 09-24-17, 07:31 AM   #14
A-Ganger
Sparky

Thanks P7 and Polak.

I'm not sure where you saw I am running Win10? but I am running Win 7 as well all the things I've seen and reported are in fact under Win 7.
I tried Win 10 a year ago and it was awful IMO so I switched right back to Win7. And that was well before I even owned DW lol

Also, thanks for the other forum link. I didn't even know it existed
Old 09-24-17, 09:31 AM   #15
A-Ganger
Sparky

Installed newest RA Mod a few minutes ago and re-tested.
Not sure exactly what they fixed, but they did not fix this?

Screenshot again:
Notice target and my P3 flying roughly course 250 over Mad target.
As I flew over target, launched torpedo, set to 32555 (direct mode).
Direct mode meaning the torpedo should immediately turn, no matter where you launch it at, and head directly at the selected target.
Direct Mode is basically the same as using ROB course to send torpedo to selected target, yet every time it is used the torpedo goes where ever it wants to go, which is usually North!

And this my friends is what I've been saying for weeks now. These torpedo settings do not work.

Now there is a new .pdf in this mod for the P3, where it says it is better to shoot at a bearing than a contact.
While that tactic is fine and does indeed work, the entire point of this is the 32555 setting should be doing the same exact thing and sending the torpedo to where the contact you have selected is located. Not so much.

CrazyIvan had this on the other forum, but it's not clear if this is in the new mod or if he wanted me to replace this TACCO.dll file?

P3 - TAKKO Station for AUTOCREW fix.
"RunOut BRG" MODE: Still unreleased to breack out set 009 course
A-Ganger can check to see if this error is fixed.
Вложения P3_TAKKO_Fix_143_00.7z (99.9 Кб, 23 просмотров)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3_Torpedo_setting32555_still_broken.jpg (45.2 KB, 8 views)