SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-18, 08:25 AM   #406
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Innocent until proven guilty and all that but the weight of evidence would appear to be overwhelmingly conclusive.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 04:57 PM   #407
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Even jerks like this deserve due process.

The outcome does seem to be pretty certain though.
Old 01-25-18, 03:03 AM   #408
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Latest update:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/d...m-wall-n840361

This story keeps getting sicker.
Old 01-25-18, 10:35 AM   #409
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/peter-ma...riftet/7008191
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2018-01-...all-inden-drab

These two articles mention some details left out last week, when they still weren't permitted to be published by medias. Some other forum members have linked to some articles in English, so they may have been read by you allready.
PM is charged for having brought onboard several items, which combined indicate a plan to torture and murder KW and to get rid of the body. He brought a saw, a knife, a sharpened screwdriver, plastic strips, suspension rods and metal tubes.
He is charged of having tied her up at the head, the arms and the legs. He is charged of having beaten her up, cutting her and stabbing her. He is charged of having cut and stabed her 10 times near her vagina and 4 times inside with either a knife and a screwdriver. The theory of the police is that this was a part of a sexual assault other than forced intercourse.
The police believe that PM killed KW after the sexual assault by either strangulating her or by cutting her throat.
As we know, PM was then charged of having dismembered her body, which he has admitted - after her body parts were found.

The case CAN be made as a trial with jurors, since the procecutor demands more than 4 years of emprisonment. HOWEVER, PM can CHOOSE/DECIDE that he prefers a lay judge case. A case with jurors would be with 3 juridical judges and 6 jurors. A lay judge case means he would face 1 juridical judge and 2 lay judges.
This was indeed new to me that PM can choose this himself.

Then another article:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2018-01-...te-forbrydelse

A former friend of PM, who has been his friend for 9 years - he met PM early 2008. Steen Lorck used to sail in the submarines of the Danish navy. As such, he gained much respect from PM. And they developped an open friendship, where they could talk about everything. And one day, there was an episode, which he feels that he has to tell now, because it was a strange statement, which didn't make sence back then, but does today.
One day, PM had said that he dreamed of one day to make the perfect crime in order to be hunted by all authories, by helicopter and everything.
SL chose to ignore it back then and to pretend that he didn't hear it.

On August the 11th at 2pm, he and PM had an agreement to sail Nautilus from Copenhagen to the island Bornholm. Few minutes before PM departed Copenhagen harbour with KW, SL received a sms from PM telling him that the trip to Bornholm was cancelled. SL wondered about it and sent another sms back to ask for the reason, but he didn't get a reply.

And another article:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2018-01-...bet-op-til-den

In this article, the Danish boyfriend of KW tells his story. You can also see some photos of him and her together.
He says that he and KW had rented a house in China, and that they would move there a week later. That's why he and KW had arranged a goodbye party on August 10th with several friends. They lived in a flathouse on Refshaleøen, which is a peninsula in the harbour of Copenhagen.
In the spring of 2017, KW and PM had exchanged emails about his rocket program, where they had discussed making an interview, but nothing came out of it. Until August 10th, when PM sent KW a sms that she could go to his space lab to make the interview with him, but he wanted to make it the very same evening and he wanted to do it in Nautilus.
So KW went back to her boyfriend and discussed it with him. Since they had guests, they decided that he should remain at home instead of going with her, so their guests wouldn't have been left home alone. And then she could go there and be back after a couple of hours.
So she went at around 18.45, and a short while later, the boyfriend and their friends could see Nautllus with KW and PM sail by. KW waved to them, they to her. That was the last time, they saw eachother.
During the following hours, the boyfriend received several sms telling how cool it was etc, and then suddenly it stopped, and there was no more contact. At 01.43, the boyfriend called the police, and at 02.17, he alerted the navy.

The rest is the well-known sad story...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano

Last edited by Carotio; 01-25-18 at 10:55 AM.
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 11:23 AM   #410
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Thanks for the summary.
Old 01-25-18, 04:48 PM   #411
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Absolutely horrific....
Old 01-25-18, 08:20 PM   #412
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Nothing less than a death sentence would satisfy me!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 04:55 AM   #413
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

That pervert needs to die in prison.
Old 01-26-18, 10:50 AM   #414
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Nothing less than a death sentence would satisfy me!!
Well, that's not an option in Denmark anymore. Last time we had that was in the time after WW2 to clean up society.
Even Peter Lundin, who had murdered his own mother, while they were living in USA, and who murdered his Danish girlfriend along with her 2 sons, dismembered them and got rid of the body parts, so that they were never found again, he didn't get the death sentence. He has been beaten up several times in prison, but he was sentenced to life in prison. The crime was commited in 2000, and the trial was in 2001. And he still sits there, and he will probably never get out again. Maybe when he is very old.
Palle Sørensen was another well-known Danish murderer. He killed 4 police officers in 1965 - he shot them after being pulled over after he had comitted burglery. In 1966, he was sentenced to life in prison. And he stayed in prison till 1998, when he was pardoned. The last years in an open prison. So roughly 32 years for having shot 4 police men.

What PM will get, is hard to know. But my guess is life in prison. If he gets only 12 or 16 years, it would hurt the justice feeling of many people.
Well, time will tell.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 11:03 AM   #415
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I think our nordic justice system is similar enough to make the comparison that in Finland, life sentence is usually on average 14 years, but it can be extended.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 12:46 PM   #416
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

If Kim Wall was my daughter, Madsen would not live a day longer if he was released.
Old 01-26-18, 02:01 PM   #417
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I fully understand people, like Reece and other who want PM getting the death sentence

I also understand People like Platapus, who say PM shall have a fair process.

So lets compromise
Give PM a fair process and thereafter take him outside and shoot or hang him.

Furthermore I can tell you, there is a group on FB in support for PM. A friend told us it some days ago.

This group "Stå op for Peter Madsen" ="Support Peter Madsen" is not popular, only six member so far. I don't know if this group is active.

I'm also with Neal on this-If it have been my daughter...

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 03:10 PM   #418
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
If Kim Wall was my daughter, Madsen would not live a day longer if he was released.
Right behind you! This tops the list of the most heinous act diabolical violence I have ever read.
Old 01-26-18, 06:18 PM   #419
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

They should only be pardoned if the victim comes back to life!!
They took a life theirs should be taken, naturally only if 100% proof of murder.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 07:23 PM   #420
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A friend of mine, said he had seen this weeks episode of "Veckans Brott" = "This weeks crime"/"Crime of the week"

He told me they were discussing this case and one of the host in this program, Leif GW Persson A Professor in Criminology, told the viewer
that there is a possibility Madsen only being convicted of parting.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall