SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-14-17, 06:30 AM   #346
jpm1
Captain

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
There was a similar case here in Hollywood 30 years ago where a NorCal college professor, who appeared to be a respectable, upright citizen was leading a double life; he was convicted of murdering a gay lover, using a chainsaw to dismember the body, and disposing of the body parts in areas all over SoCal:

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-09-...me-5422_1_ager

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-11-...murder-suspect

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-11-..._1_mystery-man

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-07-...ranc-s-parents

Some familiar elements: double life, committed murder, dismembered body, changed story several times when arrested and questioned...

<O>
i watch lot of criminal cases on TV. i'm really interested by the psychiatric side of the cases. and the cases where the suspects do this just for fun are pretty rare. in Madsen case we really have the feeling he did it just to have fun. which is not the case for Max Franc
jpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 03:22 PM   #347
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

About the psychiatric side of the case, a new article about PM has surfaced:
https://www.bt.dk/danmark/tidligere-...-med-en-hammer

A former trainee put in the space lab as part of his unemployment agreement with the authorities tell about an incident with PM, where PM lost his temper holding a hammer above his head threatening to smash the trainee with the hammer. The trainee had complained about safety in the lab telling PM about missing safety equipment. PM didn't seem to be concerned about it, and when nothing happend, the trainee continued to raise the issue about it, up untill that particular day 21st of July 2016. Present that day were those two, the wife of PM, a secretary of PM and 2 other trainees. The trainee chose to leave the lab with his personal stuff and never to return. He sent an e-mail to the authorities the same evening.

I'm sure such a testimony will be included in the procecutors case against PM showing the psychiatric behaviour of PM.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 09:49 AM   #348
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-10-...-ny-forklaring
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-10-...itiet-vil-ikke

PM has decided to change his explanation. He now admits that he performed the dismemberment of the body of KW. He also claims now that KW died as a result of a carbondiaxoide poisonning inside the sub, while he was on deck.

The police has charged him for other sexual assault than intercourse, which PM denies.
The 14 stab wounds around and in the vagina will probably be difficult for him to explain.

The saw is no longer that important for the police, since PM admits that he made the dismemberment, but the body parts are still under investigation in order to establish the cause for the death of KW.
The police is also still searching for the arms and the mobile phones.

Personally, I think the more info we get about the case, the more I think that PM is full of ****. He is only speculating in how to get away with a crime. Why on earth he would explain first that she died of a hatch falling to her head to change it to a carbondiaxoide poisonning, which I presume is both plausible, is beyond my comprehension. That change of explanation shows to me a man, who will tell just about anything to get away with a crime and lie about it. If it was the last reason, why not tell just that from the beginning?
I'm thinking the experts will check the lungs of KW to see if this could be the cause of her death. But I doubt they'll say: Yeah, that's it!

Anyway, PM has accepted to continue to be in jail - at least untill november 15th. Maybe, maybe not there'll be another hearing in front of a judge, maybe with PM on a skype connection.

taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Old 10-30-17, 02:56 PM   #349
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

There are more than enough disturbing facts about this already for me to be ok with him being hanged, anything less than that makes him fortunate in my book.

The only true justice would be for Kim's dad and boyfriend to be allowed to dismember PM.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 03:27 PM   #350
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
There are more than enough disturbing facts about this already for me to be ok with him being hanged, anything less than that makes him fortunate in my book.

The only true justice would be for Kim's dad and boyfriend to be allowed to dismember PM.
Naw, dismembering people is a traumatic experience they don't need to go through. Have a professional break him on the wheel very slowly. Or feed him into a wood chipper at about 1cm per minute. That way you could automate the process and not have to watch.

Cleanup would be easy too.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 03:31 PM   #351
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
Does anybody else remember the Land Shark skits on Saturday Night Live? Looks like PM does..... but his aren't funny at all.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 04:25 PM   #352
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

3 more articles:

https://www.bt.dk/krimi/tidligere-dr...t-speciel-type

Former chief of police is wondering about this new explanation, because this explanation indicates an accident, but if this was what happend, then why did PM not use this explanation from the beginning?
He points out that PM is changing explanation whenever the police can prove a former explanation wrong. PM thinks he can use a new explanation, which cannot be proven.
But a carbondiaoxide poisonning can normally be proven with spots on the body and in the lungs, even though a body has been in water.

https://www.bt.dk/krimi/top-advokat-...-to-muligheder

When the head of KW was found October 6th, and there were no sign of damage from the hatch, PM only had two choices left, according to a defence attorney: either to shut up and tell no more, or to come out with a new explanation. PM obviously chose the second.
That PM has been changing stories damages his case enormously. His credibility is more or less gone.
According to her, PM should from the beginning have chosen to either have kept the right to remain silent or to have given this new explanation. As we all know, PM chose to come up with the explanation about the hatch, which was plausible. But a lie. And which was proven wrong by the police. Then PM must have felt it necessary to change strategy and tell a new explanation.
In the beginning of the case, this defence attorney thought PM had a strong case, since PM was the only person to know the truth, there was yet no body and no witnesses.
Then body parts have be found, some witnesses have told, what they knew, and PM, who didn't decide to remain silent, has been changing explanations, and in this way, PM has been undermining his own defence and given the prosecutor a strong case against him. PM has litterally been giving the prosecutor, what he needs to prove PM guilty.
The defence attorney is wondering what the defence attorney of PM possesses to prove his innosence.

The case will be a trial with a jury in the courthouse of Copenhagen with the following dates in 2018: March 8th, 23rd, 26th, 27th, 28th and April 5th, 23rd and 25th.

https://www.bt.dk/krimi/peter-madsen...vaere-sket-men

A friend of PM knowing the inside of UC3 Nautilus says that it could in principle be true that there has been an accident with carbondioxide, because there are several valves to open and close in a specific order, and to his knowabouts, PM has apparently forgotten from time to time to close or open some of them.
Not long ago, PM had made a dive, where he forgot to close one of them, which had caused some water to get inside the control room. The friend had encouraged PM to make some manuals with a check list, so it wouldn't happen again. PM wasn't interested in doing so.
The friend thinks that this explanation is plausible, but then again: where did that come from? He wonders too, why PM didn't come out with this explanation sooner. If it came out from the beginning, the friend would have believed it. But not now. Not after the story changing.
Some other friends have stopped him asking him about him knowing PM, and the friend can only ask himself, whether he knew PM at all.

Old 10-30-17, 04:41 PM   #353
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

The friend is a fool to spend another second considering any of Peter's pathetic attempts to save his hide.
Old 10-30-17, 05:03 PM   #354
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The friend is a fool to spend another second considering any of Peter's pathetic attempts to save his hide.
^This.
Old 10-30-17, 05:18 PM   #355
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 05:31 PM   #356
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Perhaps you are confusing Justice with Revenge?

But then what really is the difference between the two?
Old 10-30-17, 08:08 PM   #357
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Perhaps you are confusing Justice with Revenge?

But then what really is the difference between the two?
No revenge would be to tie him up in the town square and cut off an inch of him every day.

My idea would be over in less than a day which is far more compassion than PM deserves.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 08:40 PM   #358
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:

If it were my daughter I would not do that even if I might think it. I would not debase myself to PM's level for it would only make me feel worse and Kim would still be gone.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 11:59 PM   #359
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

^ Agree.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-17, 01:10 AM   #360
DragonRider
Predator of the sea

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
If it were my daughter I would not do that even if I might think it. I would not debase myself to PM's level for it would only make me feel worse and Kim would still be gone.
Good post

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall