Old 05-22-18, 04:41 PM   #1756
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Said he who claims not to have a tv?

I don't, its not mind. But I do own a nice pair of handy long arm reachers that are great at picking up and scaring off pigeons.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 04:15 AM   #1757
STEED
Lucky Jack

Its my weekend.

Oh no house work and shopping!

What happen to my weekend?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 05-31-18, 01:50 PM   #1758
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

We went for a long walk all along the bank of the 'Haven' the day before yesterday... along the stretch shown and spoken about previously

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1747

I took this picture along the left hand bank, just below where the Lancaster's port tailfin is. Moira says that the umbelliferous flowering plant here is called "Orpine"

A scene in the old movie "One of Our Aircraft is Missing" was filmed on the river near here because this area is so like the Netherlands
Old 06-09-18, 05:21 AM   #1759
STEED
Lucky Jack

WAR ON PIGEON'S PART TWO

For a while I was winning but these thugs have massed against me with their bloody hooting so I have upped the anti. Downloaded sounds of birds of prey and burnt them on to a CD. Stuck my CD player out the window volume up full and gave those pigeons a dam good scare.

So far today played it twice and the score card is..

STEED 2 PIGEONS 0

They have all flown away and for the last few hours it has been bliss.

Old 06-09-18, 06:43 AM   #1760
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Experienced my first sink/washing machine/dishwasher (all interconnected in the plumbing system) blockage in 30+ years yesterday.

Didn't have a plunger because I've never needed one so purchased this little beauty for the princely sum of £2.99 and job was sorted in a couple of minutes.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/sink-bath...cker/13894#_=p

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 06:45 AM   #1761
STEED
Lucky Jack

WAR ON PIGEON'S PART TWO

Saturday's final score card

STEED 5 PIGEONS 0

As for today so far not one hoot or any signs of pigeons, hope it's lasts for the rest of the day.

Old 06-10-18, 06:51 AM   #1762
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

PART THREE: THE NEXT DAY

Old 06-10-18, 11:12 AM   #1763
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBUNA
Experienced my first sink/washing machine/dishwasher (all interconnected in the plumbing system) blockage in 30+ years yesterday.

Didn't have a plunger because I've never needed one so purchased this little beauty for the princely sum of £2.99 and job was sorted in a couple of minutes.
PARALLEL LIVES! THE WASHER OUT IN THE GARAGE-1.5 FEET LOWER THAN THE HOUSE FLOOR, AND THE DISHWASHER, WHEN IN SIMULTANEOUS OPERATION, HAVE OCCASIONED BACK FLOWS FROM THE WASHING MACHINE OUT-FLOW STANDPIPE WHICH MUCKS UP THE GARAGE FLOOR. MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS! GENERALLY I'VE HAD TO SNAKE OUT THE STANDPIPE AND ALSO THE MAIN 4" SEWER LINE TO THE STREET WHICH I HAD REPLACED A DECADE AGO....TRENCH WARFARE 101 AS IT IS 6' DEEP IN THE FRONT LAWN AND NECESSITATED A 30 FOOT LONG EXCAVATION. THE ORIGINAL 50 YEAR LINE WAS MADE WITH ASBESTOS AND THUS REQUIRED SPECIAL DISPOSAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT LAWS. THE 'LORD OF THE MANOR' IS OFT 'LORD OF THE MANURE'! PS: EARTHQUAKES ARE NOT CONDUCIVE TO GOOD PLUMBING...OR 'PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP' AS THE HOUSE'S FOUNDATION SETTLES AND THE YARDS SPRINKLER LINES ARE SHIFTED.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 04:35 AM   #1764
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I spent some quality time with my boy last night as he sat excitedly watching me at my 'Prisoner of War' pc game. He's autistic, with an amazing memory, so after he got finished helping me avoid capture (he hammers this game on his Playstation) I got to wondering whether autistic folks wouldn't have made brilliant escapers... or at least planners... with their ability to memorise sentries' movements, building or compound layouts etc.
Old 06-11-18, 01:12 PM   #1765
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just back from my annual sojourn (later than usual this year) to a couple of garden centres to replace approximately half of my 'PERENNIALS'.

Cost a bleedin fortune and I know it'll be wash, rinse, repeat next year.

The wife enjoys her little digs as I walk up and down the rows of plants....

"Have you noticed how they shiver and wilt as you walk past? That's because they know you're a serial killer and if murdering plants was a crime I'd have the property and all your money for myself"

Also added this little fellow to the concrete ornament collection.

Old 06-11-18, 02:25 PM   #1766
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Such good taste

Me to Moira just now: "Shall I leave this last piece of cake for you?"

Moira: "No"

Me: (to myself) "Right answer"

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 06-11-18 at 03:02 PM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 09:00 PM   #1767
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I spent some quality time with my boy last night as he sat excitedly watching me at my 'Prisoner of War' pc game. He's autistic, with an amazing memory, so after he got finished helping me avoid capture (he hammers this game on his Playstation) I got to wondering whether autistic folks wouldn't have made brilliant escapers... or at least planners... with their ability to memorise sentries' movements, building or compound layouts etc.
Thank you for sharing your trials and growing concerns with your son ...

Do you consider your son handicap or does that not apply to autism?

The seed thought I have from your night with your son is that perhaps more games could be designed for handicap people to play to increase the mental challenges to growth in a mature world that mocks autistic children.

Games that are just for handicap people don't even seem to be available. Perhaps there is not enough interest, but I would love to have a side kick for future tank, plane or sub sim games.

Sports games for example should have an option for handicaps to the opposite party if say they are a female lol
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 04:15 AM   #1768
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Yes we do indeed consider him to be handicapped, Mr Q... for instance if we were to abandon him in town or somewhere then we couldn't be sure we'd ever see him again.

But of course autism isn't the same as a primary handicap... like being totally blind or having lost both legs... for folks like that I guess their disabilities and the associated difficulties are pretty much clearly defined. With autistic people each and every one of them is different, and there are as many different types of autism as there are people with it... so it's still more a question of employing games which might challenge and improve that person's individual weaknesses rather than try to develop something which they can all find useful, although that's certainly made me think.

We do, however, believe that the hand/eye co-ordination needed for gaming is a good reason to encourage it; when I saw my young nephew with his Nintendo DS for the first time I thought to myself "My boy will never be able to do that". We eventually got him one of his own and he was like a duck to water... and I reckon linear games must help his situational awareness, although this is just me guessing.

I won't bang on about it any more, but your question is a very interesting one and has certainly made me think... I'll maybe come back with more thoughts later. Thank you, Mr Q
Old 06-12-18, 05:57 AM   #1769
STEED
Lucky Jack

Got lots to do for a few weeks so I'm off for a while.

Old 06-12-18, 06:56 AM   #1770
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Thank you for sharing your trials and growing concerns with your son ...

Do you consider your son handicap or does that not apply to autism?

The seed thought I have from your night with your son is that perhaps more games could be designed for handicap people to play to increase the mental challenges to growth in a mature world that mocks autistic children.

Games that are just for handicap people don't even seem to be available. Perhaps there is not enough interest, but I would love to have a side kick for future tank, plane or sub sim games.

Sports games for example should have an option for handicaps to the opposite party if say they are a female lol

The games tailored to those that are Autistic, handicapped or developmentally delayed seems to be a great idea. I'm not sure how much of a market there is for games like this but it seems to be a much better use of time instead of games where you graphically kill each other.

I know basically nothing about Autism but as Eichhörnchen said, it can vary greatly from one person to another. We had dinner out one night and I saw an older man with his Autistic grand daughter. The young girl, maybe 5, was sitting in a high chair, working an I pad with ease. I spoke with the grandfather later and commented that his grand daughter was working the I pad much better than I do. He laughed and said the same thing. The young girl in my opinion, was functioning at a very high intellectual level. I don't think those with Autism are functioning at a diminished intellectual capacity at all. It's more about impulse control and other things. He was obviously proud of his grand daughter and obviously has high hopes for her.

Maybe technology like computers can help those afflicted with Autism and the like. My fears would be that computers if their use is unregulated, might push these people further into their own world.

I said it before, Eichhörnchen. Lawrence is lucky to have you and Moira as his parents.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 06-12-18 at 07:17 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote