SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-11, 05:02 PM   #61
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Is there an easy way to create and attach an emblem of my own to the boat with no special software or at least any i have to pay for, and study a course in college to complete?
I quite fancy seeing a little piece of my imagination slapped on the side of my boat!

Thanks
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 05:10 PM   #62
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Is there an easy way to create and attach an emblem of my own to the boat with no special software or at least any i have to pay for, and study a course in college to complete?
I quite fancy seeing a little piece of my imagination slapped on the side of my boat!

Thanks
Yes it is.

1) Desable the mod ,, a fistfull of emblems''

2) Take a picture that you like and convert that in a dds file (with the exact size of 85.5 KB

3) go to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\A Fistful of Emblems v1.51\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex

Pick a name of a dds file from this location (ex. 1st-Flotilla.dds)

4) rename your dds file that you just converted from your picture with this name

5)copy

6) go again at the same location C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\A Fistful of Emblems v1.51\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex

7) overwritte the file 1st-Flotilla.dds

8)enable the mod

9) enjoy in game your new emblem

Best regards!
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 05:41 PM   #63
Poacher886
Chief

Gee, that sounds easier than expected...alas i need some more detail on the following:

2) Take a picture that you like and convert that in a dds file (with the exact size of 85.5 KB

How do i convert a picture to a dds file? and how do i ensure the size of 85.5KB?

Lets say i have my new dds file on my desktop, i go to where the original 1st-Flotilla.dds file is (for instance) and overwrite it?? do you mean remove it and replace with my file??

Thanks for your help, i can feel no end of fun watching my U-boat cruise the Atlantic with a huge butt slapped across the conning tower!
Old 02-01-11, 05:50 PM   #64
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Gee, that sounds easier than expected...alas i need some more detail on the following:

How do i convert a picture to a dds file? and how do i ensure the size of 85.5KB?

Lets say i have my new dds file on my desktop, i go to where the original 1st-Flotilla.dds file is (for instance) and overwrite it?? do you mean remove it and replace with my file??

Thanks for your help, i can feel no end of fun watching my U-boat cruise the Atlantic with a huge butt slapped across the conning tower!
http://www.getpaint.net/
download this,open image, save as dds...I don't know about the size. Does it really matter?
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 05:54 PM   #65
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosrxo View Post
http://www.getpaint.net/
download this,open image, save as dds...I don't know about the size. Does it really matter?
Yes it does!
Old 02-01-11, 06:00 PM   #66
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

I use paint.net - about the size you will figure out playing with the program paint.net (i do not remember exactly the steps and i have not time now to look in paint.net - i am working some test) if you will not figure out the size we will speak tomorow

Yes, thats corect!

Good lock!
Old 02-02-11, 02:50 AM   #67
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
--------------------------------------------
Tested with patch 1.2.0

Description
-----------

The emblems that shipped with the game are still available. You can also use your own emblem by copying your DDS texture file to \Data\Textures\TNormal\tex\custom.dds and selecting the last entry in the emblem list.

Credits
-------
Note to Modders
-----------------
You are free to include this in any other mods as you please.

I have commented Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\equipment.upc and Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\UpgradePacks.upc to show where my changes begin and end.

Download
---------
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Yes it is.

1) Desable the mod ,, a fistfull of emblems''

3) go to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\A Fistful of Emblems v1.51\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex

Pick a name of a dds file from this location (ex. 1st-Flotilla.dds)

4) rename your dds file that you just converted from your picture with this name

5)copy

6) go again at the same location C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\A Fistful of Emblems v1.51\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex

8)enable the mod

9) enjoy in game your new emblem

Best regards!
Hi !

Step 4 - 7 is not necessary, please read "in red" above from the "ReadMe" on Page #1 !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 02-02-11, 05:06 AM   #68
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi !

Step 4 - 7 is not necessary, please read "in red" above from the "ReadMe" on Page #1 !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Hi mate,

I tryed just to add my new emblems to the mod but it did not worked - maybe i have made something wrong - or maybe i must to modify an extra file before enabling the mod- this is the only way that i managed to make things working.

Best regards!
Old 02-02-11, 06:10 AM   #69
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi mate,

I tryed just to add my new emblems to the mod but it did not worked - maybe i have made something wrong - or maybe i must to modify an extra file before enabling the mod- this is the only way that i managed to make things working.

Best regards!
Hi mate !

That means, that the .dds File from your own emblem must named in:

custom.dds

and then copy to \Data\Textures\TNormal\tex and after this you can choose it at last in the emblem list when you beeing in port !

And note: No other MOD don´t overwrite the two Files that comes with this MOD: Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\equipment.upc and Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\UpgradePacks.upc !!!!!!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 02-02-11, 06:13 AM   #70
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi mate !

That means, that the .dds File from your own emblem must named in:

custom.dds

and then copy to \Data\Textures\TNormal\tex and after this you can choose it at last in the emblem list when you beeing in port !

Best regards,
Magic
Ok magic1111,

Now i see. That is the part that i did not know.

Thanks!

Best regards!
Old 02-02-11, 07:24 AM   #71
BogdaNz
Loader

Downloads: 105

the embles show only in the front of conning tower ?
Old 02-02-11, 07:25 AM   #72
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdaNz View Post
the embles show only in the front of conning tower ?
Depend of the type of your Uboat i think. It can be on a side also!

Salute!
Old 02-03-11, 05:32 PM   #73
Poacher886
Chief

Thanks guy's

I'll have a crack at this soon!!
Old 02-07-11, 04:06 PM   #74
Poacher886
Chief

Guys, im having some problems here!

I downloaded a painting from the net and opened it up in Paint.net. i downsized it to 84.4kb this was as close to 85.5kb as it would scale and made a few design adjustments.

Im totally happy with the job and converted it into a DDS. file. I then dropped it into Ubi/sh5/MODS/A fistfull of emblemsv1.51 / data/tex/Tnormal/tex.

It now sits below the "Custom.dds" file.

Yet i am now back at base and i does not appear in any of the emblem list???

Where have i gone wrong
Thanks

Edit: i've noticed something else...all the other dds emblems show to be 85.4kb yet mine is showing as 10.8kb?? this is strange as when i downsized it in paint.net "resize" it showed it as 84.4kb??

Im clearly needing some guidence here!!
Old 02-07-11, 04:36 PM   #75
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Guys, im having some problems here!

I downloaded a painting from the net and opened it up in Paint.net. i downsized it to 84.4kb this was as close to 85.5kb as it would scale and made a few design adjustments.

Im totally happy with the job and converted it into a DDS. file. I then dropped it into Ubi/sh5/MODS/A fistfull of emblemsv1.51 / data/tex/Tnormal/tex.

It now sits below the "Custom.dds" file.

Yet i am now back at base and i does not appear in any of the emblem list???

Where have i gone wrong
Thanks

Edit: i've noticed something else...all the other dds emblems show to be 85.4kb yet mine is showing as 10.8kb?? this is strange as when i downsized it in paint.net "resize" it showed it as 84.4kb??

Im clearly needing some guidence here!!
I have not a clue where you are doing the mistake - the size must to be 84.4 kb after you save (and you must see this size all over the places where you move the dds)

How many emblems do you want? if not so many - upload the jpegs and i will upload after the dds files for you (i think when you resize you must choose 256x256)

Salute!

Last edited by stoianm; 02-07-11 at 09:18 PM.