Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43444482
Old 03-18-18, 07:18 AM   #4427
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy." (Trump tweet)

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-18-18, 08:31 AM   #4428
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy." (Trump tweet)

A political hack prevented from receiving a reward for his corruption? Yes it is a great day.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-18-18, 09:04 AM   #4429
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
A political hack.....
The proof that both Comey and MacCabe are political entities is how they both reacted when they were fired. Both had kept 'memos' which they used to protect themselves and both ran crying to the media to tell their story. Comey is about to release a book (imagine) with the accompanying book tour (sound familiar).

It will be interesting to see how Comeys' version of the truth lines up with DOJ Inspector General Horowitz's when his report is released in late March/early April.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-18-18, 11:13 AM   #4430
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Trump still has enemies ...MacCabe will probably make more off his book than he would've with the government retirement plan he has now been denied.

I don't like the fact that you can now fire anyone for any reasons and they lose all of their benefits.

From what I understand there are many that work for the US government that you can't get rid of
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-18-18, 02:19 PM   #4431
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
A political hack prevented from receiving a reward for his corruption? Yes it is a great day.
I am less concerned about the firing (one out of.. how many by now?), but of the childish and unprofessional way of publishing it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-18-18, 02:37 PM   #4432
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

When needing to decide which threat I consider to be the more dangeorus one - a president whose camp collude with an external unfriendly power or an FBI top rank making known to the public what the exmaination has resulte din so far -, I do not need to think twice.

There can be no journlaism without sources. There can be no investigative journalism if no source trusts the journalist and the promise of anonymity anymore. What then is left of journalism, is fake news - before this term came up, known as: state propaganda.

The war ion journalism and the war on whistleblowers however already was started before the Donald, it is not the Donald's own invention. I think it was Bush jr who really raised it to the level of an unofficial WH doctrine. Even Obama pushed it forward.

Trump has not assigned a close follower to the seat at the top of the FBI investigating his ties to Russia for no reason. That this man now fires a threat to POTUS, is no real surprise.

The bloodthirsty and gloaty tweets by the Donald about this issue over the past weeks, is just revealing his true character. He put the boot in.

There is a story about Hitler, about whom it was said that after executing enemies of the state by hanging them with lowered trousers he sometimes demanded to be shown photographies of them, and that he shall have taken giggling satisfaction form watching these pictures. That is something that repeatedly came to my mind after reading some of the less complimentary tweets by the Donald. "Häme" - malice - certainly is no trait the Donald is not familiar with.

The kind of political revenge as seen in the Valerie Plame affair also comes to mind. Vengefulness.

The balance of power in the system itself, has seriously detoriated in the past 12 months. It already may not have been perfect before, but it has taken serious damage since and due to the Donald taking over. No matter when he will leave, when the donald is history, he will leave behind a heap of damages that America promises to take years and years and years to repair - if ever. The additional extreme polarization and the widening trenches between parties and in society are just a free bonus. Seen this way, the Donald already has put his Great!(tm) stamp on American history, forever.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-18-18 at 02:46 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 03-18-18, 07:32 PM   #4433
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I am less concerned about the firing (one out of.. how many by now?), but of the childish and unprofessional way of publishing it.
That's because you don't understand what is going on here.

If you did you'd see that the method of publishing it is small potatoes.

It is becoming evident that McCabe and others (Comey for one) used their police powers to attempt to influence a presidential election. They have been caught lying under oath. These are criminal acts which somebody needs to go to jail for committing. These can't be just brushed under the rug and leave those agencies with

This is a totally different thing than White House staff firings, even among cabinet secretaries which is a rather common thing and not breaking the law.

Old 03-18-18, 08:07 PM   #4434
August
Wayfaring Stranger

The house of cards is coming down.

Quote:
There was collusion in the election of 2016. It involved Russians, a British ex-spy, law firms, FBI agents, DOJ attorneys, an FBI director that prejudged evidence, an Attorney General that had an unethical meeting with the spouse of a target, FISA warrants obtained on faulty information that stemmed from political sources, a Deputy Director whose wife received monetary support in an election, an FBI director who lied to Congress, an FBI Deputy Director who lied to the Justice Department’s Inspector General, loads of classified materials that were mishandled and criminally passed to those without clearances, and partisan hacks spearheading inquiries aiming for political outcomes. The scope of this collusion is overwhelming, the attempts are a damning indictment of political operatives that have lost all integrity, and sadly an administration, a major political party, and agents of a deep state that attempted in a wide sweeping number of ways to undo an election that they lost.
https://townhall.com/columnists/kevi...dbath-n2462040

Old 03-19-18, 03:15 AM   #4435
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
They have been caught lying under oath.
What did the lie about?
Old 03-20-18, 01:28 PM   #4436
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Trump calls Putin to congratulate him on his re-election.

liberal media, democrats go apoplectic that a President would do this.

and yet....

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/03/09/...-election-win/

Old 03-20-18, 03:36 PM   #4437
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Trump calls Putin to congratulate him on his re-election.

liberal media, democrats go apoplectic that a President would do this.

and yet....

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/03/09/...-election-win/

It looks to me like the link is reporting on Obama making the call

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-20-18, 03:42 PM   #4438
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It looks to me like the link is reporting on Obama making the call
That is the point. "Obama did the same thing." Though back then Putin was not in Crimea, wasn't destabilizing Ukraine and hadn't tried to influence the US elections yet, so in my book it's not the same.
Old 03-20-18, 03:46 PM   #4439
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
That is the point. "Obama did the same thing." Though back then Putin was not in Crimea, wasn't destabilizing Ukraine and hadn't tried to influence the US elections yet, so in my book it's not the same.
Ah, right....I tend to agree with your opinion also

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-20-18, 06:44 PM   #4440
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post

Well no but it was pretty apparent that Putin had committed election fraud in the '12 election which resulted in massive protest demonstrations around the country so it's pretty close.

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter