SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-12, 10:24 PM   #1
Tempest555
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
Default How do you get sonar sound for coastal vessels

I hacked in a vessel from the Battle of the Baltic mod into my SH4. I get everything I want when it's designated a Cargo 102 in the cfg file-but designated as a Coastal Vessel 104 it doesn't get picked up by sonar-I change what values I could in the ship dsd (i.e StdByMaxRpm and LodDistance) file. But you still can't hear anything. But I suspect the change needs to be elsewhere?
Any other file control sonar for vessels?
If I can't designate ship coastal-then it won't act coastal (i.e. stay close to shore like junks or fishing vessels). Want something different in coastal traffic and I want to be able to hear it. Or does the 102 and 104 designation even matter and the ship will appear in coastal areas?

NOTE: I notice Junks and Sampan dsd are 104-but they don't produce noise (since they are wind driven) I suspect 104 may be a bust for this vessel unless there is a way to get a 104 coastal shipping pattern with a 102 sound. Junks and Sampans aren't even listed in the Sh.sdl file.

Last edited by Tempest555; 07-07-12 at 10:37 PM.
Tempest555 is offline   Reply With Quote