SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-17, 08:46 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default CTD

Not sure what the problem is but since I got back to SH 4 on this PC, i've had an issue with CTD when I break contact with task forces or convoys 4 out of 5 times. Typically, I make contact, attack, sink. Then once at point out of range where no sensors contact them, CTD. I save and most of time can just reload without issue.

Lately problem is when I sink a warships such as a heavy cruiser or a carrier. Soon after CTD, even before others in group break contact.

I have a new hard drive on this pc. 8 gig of ram. LAA installed.

Never had this problem before, just dont get the issue.

The CTD just before they are out of contact was manageable but this CTD crap when sink a warship is ridiculous. Just dont get why its happening. Any ideas?

Happened long before I ever modded.

Thinking it was RSRD, I ran TMO alone, happened as well. So its not just RSRD.

Running TMO RSRD
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-17, 09:36 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I've been thinking on this for a while now bubblehead1980... The game "tracks" everything in "text". When you get close enough, it "renders" the "vessel", generally accepted as 20km away. The game will "un-render" something at 30km. How far away from the sunk vessel are you when you crash?... Is your game a DVD install? Which version of the game is it, do you by chance know? v1.3 is the most common, with Gold probably running next, but just as a guess. Immediately after an install, have you ever run the SH4Validator app?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...11#post1745211

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-17, 11:27 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I've been thinking on this for a while now bubblehead1980... The game "tracks" everything in "text". When you get close enough, it "renders" the "vessel", generally accepted as 20km away. The game will "un-render" something at 30km. How far away from the sunk vessel are you when you crash?... Is your game a DVD install? Which version of the game is it, do you by chance know? v1.3 is the most common, with Gold probably running next, but just as a guess. Immediately after an install, have you ever run the SH4Validator app?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...11#post1745211

Yes, disc install. V 1.5 Typically they are out of visual range, radar range or sonar range. guessing 20+ miles Although as long as I can hear them on hydrophone no issue, once they are out of range and can no longer hear them. Not long after CTD.Sometimes i'll get lucky and no CTD.

Never ran the validator app, may have to check it out. I've tried fresh installs multiple times. Doesnt solve issue. Just kills me as this never happened before, when I had less RAM lol. Now have

Game runs fine until break contact and or sink warships.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote