SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-10, 10:15 AM   #11
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Does it matter? I have no idea how much time is involved but my controller parser can't deal with SH5 right now properly because some controllers that exist in SH3/SH4 have been updated and some new ones are introduced. I need to add new controller definitions without interfering with the older definitions much like you see two menu's now in S3D for both SH3/SH4. The controller definitions themselfs aren't the problem, but updating my parser is. This alone takes at least a few days. Then there's other problems that would need to be resolved as well, it isn't just with the controllers. You may think it fully supports dats, but how can you be so sure? For all I know it has some new bits and bytes in some places that S3D doesn't understand, saving the file causing it to go corrupt or worse, make a file work but unstable. THen there's the obvious lack of support for 3D files (gr2), which is a huge problem. So I need to test many files, then I need to update my installer, website, etc. And I don't like doing half work anyway, so it isn't going to happen.

You could try changing the controller definitions yourself. Check out \controllers folder. Make a mod for S3D...

Donations are always welcome btw, but please don't use it as an incentive to 'get me to do more stuff'. I find that a bit of an insult.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote