Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-21-07, 08:42 AM   #46
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

STEED walks into the bar drinks for me and my men, looks at the crowd in the corner of the room who are holding a farting competition, I wonder who will win that one.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-07, 10:19 AM   #47
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

*HunterICX makes a squeeky fart*

Oi! steed pass me a beer!
Old 06-21-07, 10:57 AM   #48
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
The base bar is a place where ADULTS can act like children. not vice versa:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
LOL - Too right.
Old 06-21-07, 01:56 PM   #49
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
*HunterICX makes a squeeky fart*

Oi! steed pass me a beer!
Shore thing HunterIXC, here you go. Dowly lets rip with a corker of a fart.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-22-07, 04:06 AM   #50
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Dowly runs of with a red face.
Steeds looks at hims ow boy he crapped his pants.

5 minutes later a High rank officer comes in the bar and yells

''WTF?!?! Sniff....damn! it smells like sh..!''

everyone :
Old 06-25-07, 06:08 AM   #51
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

HunterICX walks in the bar with one of the props of the B25 bomber he flew last night...looks around

''where did everybody go?''
Old 06-25-07, 06:14 AM   #52
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Chock glances up at Hunter from his laptop, while he waits for YouTube to convert his latest 'masterpiece'

'Huh? Where'd who go?'
Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 07:51 AM   #53
Chock
Sea Lord

Chock finally flips his laptop around and announces in his best toffee-nosed RAF fighter pilot voice:

'I say you chaps, have a look at this I've just put up on YouTube...'

Chock
Old 06-25-07, 08:08 AM   #54
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

nice video Chock
how did you make it what game is that?
Old 06-25-07, 08:47 AM   #55
Chock
Sea Lord

Glad you like it. It's lots of different things all glued together. As far as I recall, I used the following...

For the flying sequences:
Combat Flight Simulator 3 with repainted versions of the Aeroplane Heaven Mark 1 Spitfire and bf 109E. Some shots - notably the 'chase sequence' - were done in Battle of Britain 2, which is a pain in the ass, because BoB2 replays don't have sound on them so I had to add all that. Those flying sequences would probably have been a lot harder to do without Track-IR, so that deserves a mention too. I can't remember for sure, but I think that one of the close up firing shots might be from IL2 1946, but I might be mistaken on that. Most of these shots were captured using FRAPS, which is great and thoroughly recommended.

For the bits with the pilots, the dog and the car:
Those scenes were basically done in the game The Movies (which is great fun by the way), plus its add-on disk Stunts and Effects. If you fancy doing this sort of thing, I really do recommend The Movies game, as it makes it very easy to do. The backdrops for those scenes were made from screengrabs of CFS 3 and BoB2, which were then messed about with in Photoshop and imported into The Movies to use as static backdrops behind the 'actors'. The Spitfires you see behind the car are also done in that way, as a traveling matte shot. I also had to draw the dispersal hut and a few other bits and pieces from scratch, but I nicked the picture of the deckchairs you see in a couple of shots from off the 'net and cut it out in Photoshop!

For the editing:
Most of the editing is done in good old Windows Movie Maker, but some of the effects I wanted were not possible in WMM, so I imported WMV files into the animation program Moho. Things like the camera shake when the pilot fires his guns and some of the zoom shots were done that way. Also the matting shots of the Messerschmitt in the rear view mirror of the Spitfire is a composite of two different WMV files matched up frame-by-frame in Moho (i.e. manually rotoscoped). The pilot's outfits had to be composited in Moho too, using a PNG file placed over the footage of the pilots, this is because there is no flying helmet and oxygen mask costume in The Movies game, which is a bit of a shame as it would make things a lot simpler!

Voices:
The voices are all done by me, which you could probably tell by the bad acting! They were messed about with in the sound editing program GoldWave to get the necessary radio-style treble boost.

Probably the hardest bit of all was getting the thing to fit inside the maximum ten minute allowance for files uploaded to YouTube, as I had to ditch a lot of really great shots I'd made, in order to keep the running time down but still give it a bit of a storyline. The other tricky part was editing the music so that it fitted the mood of the shots, which required me to listen to the soundtrack CD to the film, Independence Day about 30 times. Incidentally, that's a great soundtrack (music by David Arnold) which I'd also recommend!

So, it took quite a bit of work (and I don't regard it as finished yet).

Chock
Old 06-25-07, 10:30 AM   #56
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
nice video Chock
how did you make it what game is that?
...and Chock replies...."The Magic Roundabout" :rotfl:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 03:15 PM   #57
STEED
Lucky Jack

Good evening my fellow flyer's I am back and for me the war in CF3 fighting for Germany is over ending in a draw. Right then, lets get down to some very serious drinking, drinks for all.

Old 06-26-07, 06:19 PM   #58
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

*the door is opened*

-Tally-ho chaps! Give me a beer Tom, I've earned it. No, I won't have any of yer dang scotch, you know I can't stand that stuff! Now then, what are you chaps on about then? IL-2? Battle of Britain? Pfffh! You do yourselves a big favour and listens to what this ol' R.F.C bloke has to tell you, I have a great story from the front, just for you chaps!

I got a routine mission, to patrol behind our own lines. I tried to talk Major Mullen out of it, but he didn't want to hear any of the kind. So what could I do? I started in my ol' S.E 5 Viper together with my two pilots (Algy and a new chap, Perkins). We headed for the targeted area (around the town St. Quentin). Nothing happened on the trip over there and it seemed to be a boring patrol as usual.

But then, out of the sun, a cirkus with at least 10 huns jumped over us! There was Triplanes and at least 3 Albatros D.V, and all I had was a rookie and an old friend on my side, but what could I do? I fought to the bitter end! Or well....I survived, so it wasn't the end, but still! I managed to down 3 jerries and chased away another one with my last bullets. Algy scored at least 1 what I could see. Perkins was shot down over our own lines, don't know what happened to him yet. He's pretty banged up, I'm not sure if he'll make it, let's toast for Perkins lads! I don't know what to say really...and Algy then! One moment he is flying around like a paper-kite, and the next he is diving like a stone with 3 Fokker Dr1. on his soddin' tale. I was out of bullets, so he was lucky those chaps from 287th. showed up. They chased away any jerries that was left. Ah, I'm tellin' ya! The S.E 5 is a real treat to fly! Those swedes really knows how to make planes. What's that Dowly?.....oh, bugger off! And give me another beer Tom! I can't fly sober you know, then I might take this war seriously.....
Old 06-29-07, 07:24 PM   #59
Radtgaeb
Frogman

Downloads: 58

Radtgaeb wheels himself in whilst seated in a wheelchair, legs in casts.

"F@$%ing flight instructors...."
Old 06-29-07, 10:48 PM   #60
Chock
Sea Lord

LOL, you got that one right!

Chock