SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-16, 05:06 PM   #31
Tupolev
Hauptman

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Hi Stiebler. Quick question regarding installation:

If we install with Option 2, won't the newly created Sh3.exe overwrite the 4C revised .exe? This doesn't overwrite the patching done by your patch?

T
Tupolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-16, 05:49 AM   #32
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Tupolev:
Quote:
If we install with Option 2, won't the newly created Sh3.exe overwrite the 4C revised .exe? This doesn't overwrite the patching done by your patch?
My instruction is clearly a little ambiguous.

If you do not use the Hsie hard-code patch at all, then there is no problem. Just install the new Envsim10 weather file over any existing envsim.act file, preferably with JSGME.

If you have only the H.sie hard-code patch installed, then you must use the Options Selector to remove H.sie's hard-code fix option before reinstalling the new EnvSim10 weather file. The new envsim.act file will overwrite H.sie's modified envsim.act file, but the new file will retain H.sie's dark-night fix.

If you have Hsie's hard-code fix already, and you wish to install the Stiebler hard-code fix AND the new Envsim10 weather file (as envsim.act), then you can use the Options Selector to remove H.sie's weather fix before you make the Stiebler hard-code fix OR after you make the Stiebler hard-code fix. In either case, check with the Options Selector that H.sie's weather fix is switched OFF. Lastly, add my new envsim10 weather fix, as envsim.act.

If you have already the H.sie AND the Stiebler hard-code fixes in place, then use the Options Selector to remove H.sie's hard code fix for the weather. Then finally add the new Envsim10 weather file (as envsim.act) to overwrite H.sie's envsim.act file.

In all cases, ensure that H.sie's weather fix is turned OFF with the Options Selector before you add my new Envsim10 weather file, which will overwrite H.sie's envsim.act file.

I hope that is now clear.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-16, 01:22 PM   #33
hulldmg
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Wow this is awesome!
After all these years SH3 just keeps getting better!

Just to make sure, it works with GWX and 16km atmosphere? (16km mod doesn't have this file so I'm guessing it's ok?) but GWX mod probably edits this file?

Thank you!
hulldmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-16, 01:12 PM   #34
hulldmg
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Disregard my previous question, all is working perfectly with gwx even when installed mid patrol.

Finally properly working weather, a must have fix!
Thank you again!
hulldmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-16, 03:05 PM   #35
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Stiebler EnvSim.act version 10.

1. Winds are allowed to rise up to 29.9 m/s, before being simply cut back to 15 m/s for display on screen. Thus, once high winds arise, they can continue for a very long time before falling finally below 15 m/s. It seems to be the advent of high winds that causes the 'precipitations' (fog).

I have finally produced version 10 of my old envsim.act hard-code fix. All my versions of envsim.act have solved problem (1) - the problem that winds can rise up to 29.9 m/s while the game acts as though 15 m/s is the maximum. Version 10 also solves the problem, but by a different mechanism.

I have solved problem (2) above - fault with internal timer - by adding my own timer to measure intervals of game play. At the same time, a new internal game counter keeps forcing the weather code to reset a foggy-storm back to normal weather even if the original code tries to write back the original bad weather (problem (3)).

Stiebler.
Hi, I have some question about weather and torpedo fix from hsie.
You said wins upper 15kmh was allowed, that was the value read by the fix? In your miss thus is allowed? I mean wins could be 20kmh and should be traded only 15 kmh?
If officer says 10kmh wind, is this real? Because I notice I'm having like 50 failure rate for torpedoes, with magnetic trigger at 7,5 or 8 m, so far than modded 15% value.
Old 04-20-16, 06:01 AM   #36
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Hulldmg:
Glad to find the weather fix is working for you.

@Aquelarrefox:
Quote:
You said winds upper 15kmh was allowed, that was the value read by the fix? In your miss thus is allowed? I mean winds could be 20kmh and should be traded only 15 kmh?
If officer says 10kmh wind, is this real? Because I notice I'm having like 50 failure rate for torpedoes, with magnetic trigger at 7,5 or 8 m, so far than modded 15% value.
The original SH3 weather applies a simple maximum to winds reported on screen of 15 m/s, even if the winds exceed 15 m/s.
Therefore if the officer reports a wind of 10 m/s, then that is a true wind in the original (stock) SH3, and also in H.sie's weather fix, and also in my new envsim.act file.

Torpedo failures:
You have not stated in which game year you are playing SH3.
U-boats suffered from severe torpedo failures, from many causes, until the end of year 1940. Then there were smaller torpedo failures until late 1942. Thereafter the U-boat torpedoes were mostly reliable.

The original (stock) SH3 had also its own programmed torpedo failures until the end of 1940, as well as the failures that the H.sie fix provides. Therefore, if you are playing SH3 in years 1939 or 1940, you will have a high rate of torpedo failures.

One solution is to set your torpedo pistol type to 'impact (I)' and not 'magnetic (M)' in the torpedo selector (F6) screen.

I hope that helps.
Stiebler.
Old 04-20-16, 12:43 PM   #37
Aquelarrefox
Commander

thaks for reply. h.sie fix torpedo in later 39 early 40, magnetic.

mybe there were another explication, i used now your weather mod, and doing night attacks i noted more variation in wind speed along the trip until attack, so my test was under water. mybe in some cases i have realy 14 winds speed at the moment of aproch that i cannot read underwater. i tested over the same aproch from several saved game again and again to obtein some stats.

on the other side your mod works very realistic for me.
still with your mod i can get winds of 25 km/h and the officer will say 15km/h?

Last testing with your env file worked good and hit with a rational rate.

1 ship on surface and 1 summerged infiltrated in a british east cost. 3 hits, 1 early detonation (in the yard, any way i could scape, lone little hunter) and only one failure at 25m.
early test i have 4 filures and 1 hit or 1 premature explotion. im sure becose i follow them with external camera to be sure.

as you know more things, every type of torpedos have diferent "early detonation" probability?
thanks, great modder.
Old 04-21-16, 02:43 AM   #38
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Aquelarrefox:
Quote:
still with your mod i can get winds of 25 km/h and the officer will say 15km/h?
I think it is m/sec.
No, all winds above 15 m/sec (or km/h) are now assigned a random value up to 15 m/sec (or km/h).

Stiebler.
Old 04-25-16, 11:02 AM   #39
Aquelarrefox
Commander

thanks.

i saw a issue, i dont know why but when you go out from high compresion time and you go from clean sky to complete cover sky, the officer says "covered sky" but when you see sky its raining but the stars are visible.
if you let time go some minutes and change camera it seems right.

i dont know if something related to your envairoment, or my instalation bug ( i dont remember this earlier).
Old 04-25-16, 11:48 AM   #40
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
i dont know if something related to your envairoment, or my instalation bug ( i dont remember this earlier).
No, it's the way SH3 makes the transition between different skies ...
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 07:54 AM   #41
Aquelarrefox
Commander

jaja, realy, well i go deck meny times in the right moment then :P. thanks for answer. realy this fix get a better game, as i remember last time i player a year a go.
Old 04-27-16, 08:06 AM   #42
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Icon9

Sometimes, i've had a bug, but i'm not sure if it comes from your mod... since i've also installed a new mod which changes the IDX numbers in data/Terrain/Terrain.cfg. Maybe an interaction between the 2 mods ?

Well, sometimes, when starting a single mission, the weather is strange : clear sky (no clouds) + huge waves + heavy rain. Then, the surface water (waves) disappears, and all the units (and my U-Boot) fall immediately to the sea bottom.

Old 04-27-16, 12:31 PM   #43
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Hm,has not happened to me, I play with your mod and RW fix, when I got the opportunity to play

I tried it with WAC atmosphere and it works
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 03:52 PM   #44
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
Sometimes, i've had a bug, but i'm not sure if it comes from your mod... since i've also installed a new mod which changes the IDX numbers in data/Terrain/Terrain.cfg. Maybe an interaction between the 2 mods ?

Well, sometimes, when starting a single mission, the weather is strange : clear sky (no clouds) + huge waves + heavy rain. Then, the surface water (waves) disappears, and all the units (and my U-Boot) fall immediately to the sea bottom.

i never seen that
Old 04-28-16, 04:17 PM   #45
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post

So, i start mission : my U-Boot immediately begins to be destroyed. I pause the game, and go to the outside view. I have this :

Then i leave pause, the waves disappear, and my boat is falling to the sea bottom ...