SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-18, 11:50 AM   #1
somedude88
Torpedoman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Campaigns for skipjack and other old subs?

As the title says, I'm kind of a sucker for old things. Muskets, ww1 tanks, biplanes, so I usually stick with games with old things. But I'm working my way up into the more modern era, but it seems that there are no campaigns for the older subs like the skipjack. Are there any?
somedude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 05:07 PM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

The Skipjack didn't become playable until fairly recently, most of the single missions were created back in DW's "hayday" of 2005-2008, so you're kind of limited.

What you could do is figure out how the built-in editor works and modify some of those old single missions to include your boat and some more period-accurate contacts to play with.

Dig around the downloads page here or at Bill Nichol's Subguru site. Basically, any mission set in the Barent's is fair game. Some really good missions that come to mind are "not seen or heard" which was meant to be played in a 637 but would also work nicely with the Skipjack or "we dive at dawn" which is a generic maneuvering watch out of San Diego.

The missions at Bill's site are fairly-well documented, so its easy to find the stuff you're looking for. Most of the missions here are also documented well, but check out some of mission compilations (oldie but goodie collections) for some great missions.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 08:55 PM   #3
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Problem with campaign for Skipjack is that most submarines, warships and other stuff aer from much modern times than "golden years" of skipjack. Even older AI subs have often weapon from later yers of their service.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote