SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > 2008 Mystery Subsim Challenge
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-08, 05:03 PM   #16
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linton
SubchaseEdited to include the picture rather than a link!

Edit = wrong guess

Old 12-03-08, 06:06 PM   #17
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

I read your post but obviously you have not read the first post in all 69 threads of this contest!

Quote:
You cannot EDIT your post in this contest. An edited or deleted post counts as a wrong guess.
Sheesh! Stop trying to get around the rules.
Old 12-03-08, 06:43 PM   #18
Monica Lewinsky
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Windows 1.01?

Sink them all!
Old 12-03-08, 07:25 PM   #19
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr_Pete
hmmmmm, is this a joke lmao:p
Yeah, we'll see who's laughing when some guy figures it out Believe it or not, some of these guys surprise me with their sleuthing skills.

Neal
Hmmm...you know, maybe I overestimated these guys :hmm:

Second expanded shot of MS#69

Mommy, look! A fishy!

I'll be back in four hours to check on your progress. Anyone who wants to beat me up, set up an appointment with my secretary at whoop_neal@subsim.com Be prepared to take a number and wait your turn in line

Neal
Old 12-03-08, 08:58 PM   #20
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Torpedo Alley
Old 12-03-08, 08:58 PM   #21
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Torpedo Alley

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 12-03-08, 08:59 PM   #22
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

GAAAAAHH! Syxx Killer!

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 12-03-08, 09:19 PM   #23
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie
GAAAAAHH! Syxx Killer!
Sorry. Torpedo Alley is my favorite little game to play online. Once I saw more than Neil's blue rectangle I finally was able to answer one. I was waiting for Neil to do Torpedo Alley! I love that "dink" sound when you hit hospital ships!
Old 12-03-08, 09:24 PM   #24
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

I forgot to mention (I would edit my above post but don't wanna wrong guess ) that there are two versions of Torpedo Alley out there. There is the more common one Neil posted and there is one where the subs look like Typhoon SSBNs. Here's the one with the Typhoon SSBN subs.

http://www.bluedojo.com/publisher2/game25.php
Old 12-03-08, 09:24 PM   #25
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

:rotfl:I just thought it was too funny that we both answered within seconds of each other.

The Drama, The Passion, The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat....Mystery Subsim Challenge Fever: CATCH IT!

(may Neal will use that for the front page )

Old 12-04-08, 12:01 AM   #26
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
Torpedo Alley
How cool is that? Torpedo Alley

About the game:

Quote:
In the multi-level game of Torpedo Alley, you are the captain of a submarine defending your local waters. Enemy Supply ships have taken over your valuable shipping lanes, and are using them to transport arms and military equipment across. Your set of missions, codenamed Torpedo Alley, is to destroy the Supply ships. At first, the enemy are unaware of your presence, and, apart from the Supply ships, the only other vessels sailing by are Hospital ships. However, as the levels progress, the enemy become very aware that you are somewhere in the deep waters below them, and will take progressively more determined efforts to annihilate you.

To guide your submarine, use your mouse pointer. The sub will follow toward the direction of the pointer. Your torpedos can be fired in two different directions. By clicking your mouse button you are able to fire a torpedo upwards toward the surface. Alternatively, by pressing your space button you can fire a torpedo from the front of your submarine (which fires toward the right of your screen). It takes your crew some time to reload the torpedo tubes, so you are only allowed a maximum of one torpedo at a time in each direction.

Initially, your submarine is armed with 10 torpedos, and a limited supply of fuel. As the game progresses, you will inevitably start to run low on both fuel and torpedos. However, the mission has been carefully planned to allow for this. Occasionally, an allied submarine will pass through, and a specially trained dolphin (treated with care and love throughout his training) will transport a package containing additional fuel and torpedo supplies to your submarine. To collect the supply package, float your submarine over to the dolphin and your crew will collect the pachage from him. Whatever happens, be careful not to accidentally shoot the dolphin. His best friend is a very powerful and huge whale, who won't be too happy with you if if anything bad happens.

Take care not to torpedo Hospital ships either. It's a violation of international law - and the consequences will come back to you immediately! Each Supply ship you sink is worth 100 points more than the last one. Once you have successfully destroyed ten Supply ships, you will move on to the next mission level. In successive levels you will need to use your skill at maneuvering your submarine to survive various enemy tactics. You ony have three submarines of your own, so be careful out there!
Good luck, Captain, and have fun!
Phew!! I thought I was going to have to go to a 4th expanded screen and open Davey Jone's locker for this one.

Neal

PS: I haven't forgotten MS#70. You won't either.
Old 12-04-08, 09:03 AM   #27
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
set up an appointment with my secretary at whoop_neal@subsim.com Be prepared to take a number and wait your turn in line
Neals secretary

Old 12-04-08, 09:50 PM   #28
Monica Lewinsky
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 11

Still say it's the Windows 1.01 logo screen.

Sink them all!
Closed Thread