SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-09, 03:38 PM   #16
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
...I guess you have a list of words in a txt file, which needs to be replaced or how?
You're right, mate:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

I know that you're speaking german, so click on the german flag for download of the *.lng file and replace the german by danish words...
Old 10-04-09, 04:40 PM   #17
Freakwave
Sailor man

Downloads: 60

a splendid tool and not just for SH!
Old 10-04-09, 07:10 PM   #18
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
I know that you're speaking german, so click on the german flag for download of the *.lng file and replace the german by danish words...
OK, LNG file - done. Readme in Danish - done. The help file - to be done asap.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Old 10-04-09, 09:38 PM   #19
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Thanks Carotio. The more languages the better.

On that, if anyone can help with a Russian translation I would be very happy - it's prolly the most requested language now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
You're right, mate:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

And for the less polyglot amongst us, the files are also available in English via the same link.
Old 10-05-09, 12:08 AM   #20
JScones
Navy Seal

Oh, and everyone, pls keep posting your suggestions for improvements. JSGME is pretty much what it is today based on what you guys have requested over the years.
Old 10-05-09, 03:35 PM   #21
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

I've come across an odd error while using JSGME in conjunction with S3D. This error has occurred since the V2.3 update of JSGME. What's happening is when I open a file using S3D to work on a mod, and then attempt to enable/disable the mod via S3D, JSGME attempts to make a new MODS folder in the S3D root folder. If I open JSGME before opening S3D, it works fine. I'm also posting this in the S3D thread as well.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
Old 10-05-09, 07:06 PM   #22
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Oh, and everyone, pls keep posting your suggestions for improvements. JSGME is pretty much what it is today based on what you guys have requested over the years.
OK, you asked for it: a really cool feature would be to have all the mods for all your installs in a single, central folder from which the individual installed JSGME program selects to place in the particular game.
Old 10-05-09, 08:11 PM   #23
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

does this swap your save folder as well, so if you want to switch between your FOTRS and TMOtw you get the proper save files?
Old 10-06-09, 12:52 AM   #24
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
OK, you asked for it: a really cool feature would be to have all the mods for all your installs in a single, central folder from which the individual installed JSGME program selects to place in the particular game.
I recently ran a poll on this very topic. The response was overwhelmingly against this approach... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150464
Old 10-06-09, 01:22 AM   #25
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
I've come across an odd error while using JSGME in conjunction with S3D. This error has occurred since the V2.3 update of JSGME. What's happening is when I open a file using S3D to work on a mod, and then attempt to enable/disable the mod via S3D, JSGME attempts to make a new MODS folder in the S3D root folder. If I open JSGME before opening S3D, it works fine. I'm also posting this in the S3D thread as well.
Yes, I suspect this will be the experience for anyone using S3D with JSGME v2.3.0.

I can hazard a guess as to the cause, but only Skwas will know for sure. I'll wait to hear back from him.

Last edited by JScones; 10-06-09 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-06-09, 04:56 AM   #26
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Due to one new feature in JSGME (single install), the S3D function is now broken. I will have to release an update for it, but I can't in short notice due to RL.

If you rely on this feature you will have to use JSGME 2.2 until then, or otherwise use JSGME directly again (start it from it's own shortcut)...
Old 10-06-09, 06:16 AM   #27
JScones
Navy Seal

Thanks Skwas.

I guess there's a few interim solutions for S3D users that want to use S3D and JSGME together:

1. Open the appropriate copy of JSGME v2.3.0 before running S3D. This will only work though if the copy of JSGME.exe you are opening resides in the SH3/4 folder (ie not a central location)
2. Install JSGME v2.3.0 centrally and use it for "normal" modding, and install JSGME v2.2.0 (just JSGME.exe will do) into your SH3/SH4 folder for compatibility with S3D. You don't need to use this copy, just have it there so S3D can use it
3. Revert back to running JSGME v2.2.0 (least desirable)

If you prefer separate installations of JSGME (ie JSGME "classic"), then go with option 1. If you want the benefits of an (otherwise) central install, go with option 2. If this all confuses you, go with option 3.

Note this is ONLY for those who use S3D! If you don't use S3D, or you don't use the JSGME button in S3D, ignore this post!
Old 10-06-09, 08:21 AM   #28
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
I recently ran a poll on this very topic. The response was overwhelmingly against this approach... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150464
I knew that, but I never give up.
A man is driving down the interstate highway and receives a car-phone call from his wife that she just heard on the news that a car was traveling the wrong way on the interstate. He replies "one car? there are hundreds!"
Old 10-06-09, 05:37 PM   #29
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
I knew that, but I never give up.
Old 10-07-09, 09:50 AM   #30
almg
Loader

Downloads: 234