SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-17, 02:04 PM   #7876
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
But that is an actual photo of a restored interior. U-505 interior was painted grey when I visited it (2012). In the B/W photos of the period, they look more dark than a plain white (maybe rusty or dirty...).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Yes, that is restored U-boat, of course, but I remember very well that I read somewhere that inside was actually white .
Honestly, who in the world would paint something claustrophobic and depressive, like U-Boat environment actually was, in "dark gray"?!

I'm not saying that dark interior mods are not cool, it was just a small side note...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 02:10 PM   #7877
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yes, that is restored U-boat, of course, but I remember very well that I read somewhere that inside was actually white .
Honestly, who in the world would paint something claustrophobic and depressive, like U-Boat environment actually was, in "dark gray"?!

I'm not saying that dark interior mods are not cool, it was just a small side note...
Of course, if I were a german engineer, I would to paint the interiors in plain white. But I don´t remember any period photo of a clean interior of an Uboat. I should explore my books....

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 02:21 PM   #7878
gezahu
Mate

Downloads: 156

Yes I know, dont kill me. I saw pictures the boats were actually light painted inside (mostly a shade of white). A dark interior would be contrary to ergonomics and morale. My mod does not aim for realism it aims for dramatic effects. I simply like it that way, and I am the captain of that boat I have it painted the way I want
gezahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 02:24 PM   #7879
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezahu View Post
Yes I know, dont kill me. I saw pictures the boats were actually light painted inside (mostly a shade of white). A dark interior would be contrary to ergonomics and morale. My mod does not aim for realism it aims for dramatic effects. I simply like it that way, and I am the captain of that boat I have it painted the way I want
No problems mate...Games and movies indeed require more dramatic effects from various reasons...
Old 05-15-17, 02:33 PM   #7880
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

@VDR
I have a mod idea, but I do not know if it is doable.

When I attack at night, I often think that I get a bit blinded by the bright dials and HUD elements in the game (especially when I do not play with the ship recognition enabled and have to do it myself). Do you think it would somehow be possible to overlay the Hud elements with some kind of red transparent filter that you can enable at night time?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 02:38 PM   #7881
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
@VDR
I have a mod idea, but I do not know if it is doable.

When I attack at night, I often think that I get a bit blinded by the bright dials and HUD elements in the game. Do you think it would somehow be possible to overlay the Hud elements with some kind of red transparent filter that you can enable at night time?
That would be quite usefull indeed but I'm really not sure...
I know that you can make with Options File Editor almost all GUI elements to "slide away" when not used, like in EmptyCup's videos...
Old 05-15-17, 02:42 PM   #7882
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
That would be quite usefull indeed but I'm really not sure...
I know that you can make with Options File Editor almost all GUI elements to "slide away" when not used, like in EmptyCup's videos...

Yeah, but I want the Hud elements to be there so that I can view them at all times
But some of them are just too bright for really dark nights.

I thought about an overlay that you can enable with the charts, like the Kriegsmarine grid for example, But I think that if you put that over UI elements you wouldn´t be able to klick them any more.
Difficult...
I would be really cool to have everything in a red light, like the red lights that get turned on in a submarine at nights in order to not ruin the crews night vision.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 02:52 PM   #7883
Lestart44
Watch

Downloads: 96
Default question :)

Herr Kaleun vdr 1981 You said something about in update 2.1 of TWOS when will it be ? and do i have to reinstall the game for the update because i started right now a new campaign .

Lestart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 02:54 PM   #7884
gezahu
Mate

Quote:
I will make an accurate one based on your pics...
Old 05-15-17, 03:11 PM   #7885
LesBaker
Loader

Downloads: 521
Uploads: 5

Quote:

Quite right vdr1981,

Here are a translation of the Building and painting regulations for U-Boats.

Les
LesBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 03:19 PM   #7886
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Yeah, but I want the Hud elements to be there so that I can view them at all times
But some of them are just too bright for really dark nights.

I thought about an overlay that you can enable with the charts, like the Kriegsmarine grid for example, But I think that if you put that over UI elements you wouldn´t be able to klick them any more.
Difficult...
I would be really cool to have everything in a red light, like the red lights that get turned on in a submarine at nights in order to not ruin the crews night vision.
I'll keep your idea in mind. Maybe we will come upon some solution in future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestart44 View Post
Herr Kaleun vdr 1981 You said something about in update 2.1 of TWOS when will it be ? and do i have to reinstall the game for the update because i started right now a new campaign .

...v2.0.1
Still working on it, day or two, maybe three...
Full game reinstallation will not be required of course, but campaign restart may be needed due to new batteries life and recharging times set per Gezahu's recommendation (still testing this though).
I usually don't add tweaks which require campaign restart in regular TWoS updates, but recent Gezahu's findings are quite important.
We'll see...

Quote:
I will make an accurate one based on your pics...
Old 05-15-17, 03:25 PM   #7887
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaker View Post
Quite right vdr1981,

Here are a translation of the Building and painting regulations for U-Boats.

Les
Amassing!

Do you have higher resolution documents by any chance?
Old 05-15-17, 04:03 PM   #7888
gezahu
Mate

Here is the accurate one based on your pics.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yoo2m5...nterior_V2.rar

screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/hWw38

It is supposed to be more homogenous also but some places like at the toilet it seems blue because the light is blue, at motor room yellow because the light is yellow. I cannot change light have no idea how. Be aware that it has paintmarks there is texture to the walls so might be more resource demanding than the original, but reality abowe all

Last edited by gezahu; 05-15-17 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-15-17, 05:30 PM   #7889
LesBaker
Loader

Downloads: 521
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Amassing!

Do you have higher resolution documents by any chance?
Is this any better

If not here are the Jpeg Files.

https://www.mediafire.com/?j40fdzzf12cqacc

https://www.mediafire.com/?kz5j7b33rjeq1w7

Les

Last edited by LesBaker; 05-15-17 at 05:39 PM.
LesBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 06:00 PM   #7890
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Here is the accurate one based on your pics.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yoo2m5...nterior_V2.rar

screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/hWw38

It is supposed to be more homogenous also but some places like at the toilet it seems blue because the light is blue, at motor room yellow because the light is yellow. I cannot change light have no idea how. Be aware that it has paintmarks there is texture to the walls so might be more resource demanding than the original, but reality abowe all
Gehazu: could you tell me what mod use you for the dials (speed, bearing, depth) on the right down console for the reflections in the glasses? I use SH3 GUI but I don´t have that nice reflections.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote