SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-14, 12:09 PM   #1141
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

I bought mine as a digital download from D2D Direct2Drive, and never had any problems, also the 1.5 add-on, however that was years ago.

Because I thought SH4 would be a 'collectors item' I also bought the DVD 1.0 - never have opened it. Maybe years from now it will, however Gold is a playable product.

Regarding D2D:
"Gamefly eats Direct2Drive, then writes off their customers"

I may need that DVD Gold someday too.... lol
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 03:09 PM   #1142
silverdragon41
Sailor man

Downloads: 148
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
I bought mine as a digital download from D2D Direct2Drive, and never had any problems, also the 1.5 add-on, however that was years ago.

Because I thought SH4 would be a 'collectors item' I also bought the DVD 1.0 - never have opened it. Maybe years from now it will, however Gold is a playable product.

Regarding D2D:
"Gamefly eats Direct2Drive, then writes off their customers"

I may need that DVD Gold someday too.... lol
I believe the main game the silent hunter 4 without the add on I have the game disc itself and had tied it to steam since at the time wasn't into modding till recently. So far its working besides what sounds to be a sound glitch where the one guy says passing thermal layer is repeating itself but yet I am not diving or even moving at that. I am on the surface sitting there. But thats just a annoyance that can be ignored.
silverdragon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 03:13 PM   #1143
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdragon41 View Post
So far its working besides what sounds to be a sound glitch where the one guy says passing thermal layer is repeating itself but yet I am not diving or even moving at that. I am on the surface sitting there. But thats just a annoyance that can be ignored.
I experienced this and put it down to the missing voices mod. Are you using that? If so uninstalling it will fix it, at least it did for me.
Old 09-13-14, 04:09 PM   #1144
silverdragon41
Sailor man

Downloads: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I experienced this and put it down to the missing voices mod. Are you using that? If so uninstalling it will fix it, at least it did for me.
The only mod I have active is the rfb 2.0.
silverdragon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 05:38 AM   #1145
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264

I've been running OTC for stock 1.5. How compatible would RFB be?
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 08:28 AM   #1146
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

If you are using RFB2.0 you will need this patch

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2774

You should not need OTC

There is a version of Max Optics that can be used with an additional patch for using with RFB
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 05:14 PM   #1147
LiquitHQ
Watch

Downloads: 51
Default Real Fleet Boat crashes

Hey all

I installed this mod but it seems to be crashing when i try to do a campaign run, it only crashes on the following conditions.

* Using binocular
* Using external view
* Tying to use the aa gun
* Trying to use the aft gun
* Using TDC outside the sub
* Only crashes within a campaign
* Only crashes when using this mod

I use a steam version with the Uboat expansion the game is properly updated 1.5.0.0 and works great in vanilla. I also patched the mod up to Patch (23 April 2010) but the issue persists. Any idea why the crash is happening and how to fix it would be welcome, I also tried SH4 with another mod trigger marru no issues detected what so ever, I want to stress out that like i mentioned above: it crashes only when i play a campaign while running this mod, i tried several single mission runs while running this very mod without any issues what so ever ....

Best of regards

lhq.

Last edited by LiquitHQ; 12-29-14 at 05:37 PM.
LiquitHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 06:40 PM   #1148
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

LiquitHQ!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 06:41 PM   #1149
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A warm welcome LiquitHQ‘’ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my SH3 – SH4 – SH5 posts:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It.

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

If you Are A New Subber My Thread Might Save You Some Time.

You can now use TDW’Generic File Patcher with STEAM see my Tutorial Post #125
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 07:32 PM   #1150
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Welcome to SUBSIM

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 12:47 AM   #1151
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquitHQ View Post
I use a steam version with the Uboat expansion the game is properly updated 1.5.0.0 and works great in vanilla. I also patched the mod up to Patch (23 April 2010) but the issue persists. Any idea why the crash is happening and how to fix it would be welcome, I also tried SH4 with another mod trigger marru no issues detected what so ever, I want to stress out that like i mentioned above: it crashes only when i play a campaign while running this mod, i tried several single mission runs while running this very mod without any issues what so ever ....
Please post the exact mods you are using, in the order you enable them in JSGME. Otherwise, we can only make wild guesses as to what the problem is.

Make sure when you start with a new mod load out, that you start a new career. You cannot continue with an old non-RFB career after you enable RFB.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 04:29 AM   #1152
LiquitHQ
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
If you Are A New Subber My Thread Might Save You Some Time.

You can now use TDW’Generic File Patcher with STEAM see my Tutorial Post #125
Hey and thanks but it seems the last link doesn't seem to work for me i get http://www.subsim.com//www.pinterest...eate/extension a 404 page not found error ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
Please post the exact mods you are using, in the order you enable them in JSGME. Otherwise, we can only make wild guesses as to what the problem is.
I dont want to sound cocky and no pun is intended but i thought i typed the whole post out pretty clear SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop > [REL] Real Fleet Boat 2.0 this is the thread i am in yes?

Quote:
Hey all

I installed this mod but it seems to be crashing when i try to do a campaign run, it only crashes on the following conditions.
* Using binocular
* Using external view
* Tying to use the aa gun
* Trying to use the aft gun
* Using TDC outside the sub
* Only crashes within a campaign
* Only crashes when using this mod

Quote:
I also patched the mod up to Patch (23 April 2010) but the issue persists.
Additionally The mod load order would be: I am sorry that this wasn't clear enough ...

Realfleetboats2.0
Realfleatboats2.0Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
Make sure when you start with a new mod load out, that you start a new career. You cannot continue with an old non-RFB career after you enable RFB.
I always start a new career when i change the mod load back to vanilla or to another mod or back to this one, i even delete the save games cause i think of them as obsolete. Like stated before i tried various ways to figure out why this mod isnt working properly, heck its the only one that isn't working aside of vanilla and triggermaru but this seems to be a nice mod so i want to try it out and i am kinda stubborn I rarely give up but damn i am coming close ...

The only thing aside of the info i gave is that i installed JSGME from the download provided by subsim do i need another one to make it properly work with this mod.

Edit: After some more extensive testing I have more info to provide

The crashes only occur on 3 types of submarines

* Tambor Class (continuously)
* Gar Class (continuously)

* Porpoise Class (sporadically when the UI seems to white out after screen load)

It is as if when i use these type of sub marines that the game doesn't responds to the UI shortcuts anymore and the game just stops to work if I try, so far it only happens on these 3 submarines when i use this mod, it happens both on campaign and in single player when i have chosen these submarines, if i pick any another sub marine to start a campaign or a solo game I seem to be able to play my career or mission properly, i need to play more to test but i think its an isolated issue with those 3 subs.

still not sure why it is happening but at least I was able to pinpoint the issue, any thoughts?

Kind regards

lqh.

Last edited by LiquitHQ; 12-30-14 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-30-14, 08:39 AM   #1153
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim LiquitHQ

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 09:18 AM   #1154
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Default To LiquitHQ

Whenever a player has unexpected CTD's as your having the first thing to check is your own game setup (believe me, if RFB 2.0 was that buggy we would have found it out before now!).

Remove the mods from JSGME "Activation" and run the apps "Tasks...." menu feature "Compare Snapshot". This will compare your original stock game files (when you first installed JSGME to a freshly installed game), to the game files you have now. Didn't take an original "Snapshot" of your clean game files when first adding JSGME?

Do a complete removal/re install of the game, following the steps lined out HERE. Add a fresh JSGME to the game, then take the needed "Snapshot" for future use. Re download the RFB mods (could be something in your download that's causing problems), then try it all over again.

Don't forget to remove your "SH4" folder, found in your "Documents" folder of your computer. This folder holds your personal game options (like choice of screen resolutions, or manual/auto targeting selection, etc.), and also keeps track of any saved game points you or the game makes. Get rid of it....the game will make a new one the next time it starts. Yes, you'll have to make new choices for the options, but then again, things aren't working out for you now?!

===========

You say your Steam download is version 1.5 of the game. Does it read like this, at the bottom of the stock "Main" menu screen:

Sorry to seem so trival, but there's been all kinds of issues with just what version of the game Steam is selling players? Least wise with the first download of Silent Hunter 4........it's reported they give you version 1.3 (a poor excuse of the original version of the game....they should have at least given you v1.4). You don't get bumped up to 1.5 until you purchase the U-Boat Addon, at an additional cost.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 03:43 PM   #1155
LiquitHQ
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Sorry to seem so trival,
Don be sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
it's reported they give you version 1.3 (a poor excuse of the original version of the game....they should have at least given you v1.4). You don't get bumped up to 1.5 until you purchase the U-Boat Addon, at an additional cost.
I have the Uboat missions and it is installed on top of the normal silent hunter 4, i deleted the whole thing and did a entire new installation then i backed the entire game up. Then i tried the game without any mods, I tried various single missions first and then a career to make sure everything was working properly ....

I dint encounter any troubles what so ever so i went on and installed a clean jsgme and after that i placed a clean RFB 2.0 version + the patch in the mod folder; now i am running the game various time in single player with different ships and no problems what so ever and i also tried new careers with the previous ships that were crashing the game before with this mod. I can tell you that the game is not crashing anymore but i am not sure what i did different then before as far as i am aware i did the exact same thing except of the difference that i can play the game now without any issues , at least thus far.

Thanks for the assistance

best of regards

lhq.