SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-13, 12:47 PM   #166
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

SSS
What there is h.sie V16G1 patch?
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 12:50 PM   #167
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
SSS
What there is h.sie V16G1 patch?
ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...1-Patch-Kit.7z

username Maik
password Woelfe
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 02:34 PM   #168
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by runio View Post
As i said,

Beggin' yer pardon. Was trying to help.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 02:44 PM   #169
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by runio View Post
One more thing, my original SH3.exe is a SF version (according to md5 sums provided by h.sie). Maybe this cause a problem?
That would more than likely be the problem. If you want one without starforce look at the top right of the screen for the amazon store. If you make purchases throug that subsim gets a % of the sale.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 02:58 PM   #170
sckallst
Bosun

Downloads: 115

Are the various Sensors_AI files included with the dload already pre-adjusted for the shallow-water ASDIC settings or is that something we still have to adjust ourselves as needed/desired? Looking through the GXW file it appears it seems the number has been already set to 100.0, but not sure if that's what it's supposed to be.

Anyhow, great work by h.sie and stiebler on this. I came to SHIII backwards from SH4 and I'm really loving what all you guys have done with this game over the years.
sckallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 02:50 AM   #171
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Are the various Sensors_AI files included with the dload already pre-adjusted for the shallow-water ASDIC settings or is that something we still have to adjust ourselves as needed/desired? Looking through the GXW file it appears it seems the number has been already set to 100.0, but not sure if that's what it's supposed to be.
Yes, the sensors_AI files are corrected.

GWX users can download all necessary files, except the SH3.exe file itself, from here:

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

For reasons of copyright, you must make your patched version of SH3.exe from your own purchased copy of SH3.exe.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 11:23 AM   #172
sckallst
Bosun

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Yes, the sensors_AI files are corrected.

GWX users can download all necessary files, except the SH3.exe file itself, from here:

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

For reasons of copyright, you must make your patched version of SH3.exe from your own purchased copy of SH3.exe.

Stiebler.
Thanks, Stiebler. Have everything up and running great. Just wasn't sure about the ASDIC setting (and hope I never have to find out in-game )

I'm using the MaGui mod and I adjusted your weather meter so that it just uses the 'box' that the regular noise meter uses. Then I changed the colors and added tool tips so that I i can be reminded what the colors mean just by pointing the mouse.

Thanks again to you and Hsie for all the improvements.
sckallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 06:16 AM   #173
Hari123
Seaman

Downloads: 67

Hello!

I wanted to "tune" my GWX3 a little bit with this addon. H.sie´s patch works fine. But when I activate GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 , I have the same problem as von Hesse:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=107

I am also using the SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b at a resolution of 1680 x 1050. May this the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Hari123; 08-05-13 at 09:28 AM.
Hari123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 04:21 PM   #174
complutum
Torpedoman

Downloads: 384

hi! Stiebler have you seen this? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206353

take a look at it, perhaps you could with h´sie help and of course permission from the author implement this behaviour inside your patch.
complutum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 02:54 AM   #175
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

General remark:
In checking out these queries, I noticed suddenly that the link to the Stiebler4B patch (at the top of this thread, post #1) still points to the older Stiebler4B_Addon patch.
It should point to the newer Stiebler4B_Revised patch. (Since April 2013.)
I have corrected this error.
The link to the patch given in my logo at the bottom of this post was, and remains, correct.

@Hari123:
The problem you report with the blank messages is almost certainly due to the fact your wide-screen mod has overlaid its en_menu.txt (and other files) over those required by the Stiebler4b_Revised patch.

Check the last entries at the end of your wide-screen en_menu.txt file (in folder silenthunteriii\data\menu) with the last entries in file en_menu.txt found in the Stiebler4B_Revised patch. Some other entries will also need to be added/updated. It is all explained in the documentation file for the Stiebler4B_Revised patch.

@Complutum:
I regret that I know nothing about H.sie's wolf-pack patch, which was created by H.sie and Leitender. Nor do I have any knowledge of Backer's wolf-pack patch.

Stiebler.
Old 11-16-14, 03:43 PM   #176
andqui
Soundman

Downloads: 195

I'm trying to put together a NYGM-based installation; looking readme of the virtual FIDO mod here, I notice that it spawns a FIDO every time an aircraft drops a depth charge. Is this correct? If so, what happens when an aircraft like the Wellington drops a depth charge- does that spawn a FIDO attack as well? Is there a way to restrict this to just Avenger aircraft?

Also, could you compare this with the Air Torpedo & Fido mod here? They seem to work in very different ways; while it says that both are compatible with eachother, would that solution supersede this one?

thanks
andqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 05:14 AM   #177
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Andqui:
Quote:
I notice that it spawns a FIDO every time an aircraft drops a depth charge. Is this correct? If so, what happens when an aircraft like the Wellington drops a depth charge- does that spawn a FIDO attack as well? Is there a way to restrict this to just Avenger aircraft?
Yes, a FIDO is spawned after 1 June 1943 every time that an aircraft drops a depthcharge.

Different aircraft have different load-outs (of weapons). The big bombers mostly have mixed load-outs of bombs and depthcharges, so you will get effectively a random drop of either bombs or depthcharges every time the aircraft drops part of its pay-load.

Thus the way to restrict FIDO to Avengers is to change the loadouts of all other bombers to exclude depthcharges after 1 June 1943. You can find the load-outs for each aircraft in their .eqp files. Delete their load-outs for depthcharges, then renumber all the remaining entries so that they are continuous ( [Equipment 1,2,3,4...] ). In real life, some Liberators also carried FIDO, so you'd probably want to leave them unchanged.

Quote:
Also, could you compare this with the Air Torpedo & Fido mod. They seem to work in very different ways; while it says that both are compatible with eachother, would that solution supersede this one?
Neither solution supercedes the other, they are simply different.
If you prefer the graphic effect, use Rubini's Air Torpedo and Fido mod.
If you prefer realism (bearing in mind the fact that the crew of a submerged U-boat could not actually see any external graphics), then use my hard-code mod. Rubini and I tried to combine the two mods, but we agreed that it was too difficult - they both function in ways that are completely unrelated.

However, I think you will be sunk far too often if you try to use both mods together, even though, as you say, they are mutually compatible in operation.

Stiebler.
Old 11-21-14, 02:45 PM   #178
Riccardo1975
Gunner

Downloads: 85

Just added Hsie's and Stieblers add on together with MFM 3.2 to GWX and SH3 Cmdr.

Its improved SH3 to the point where every time I raise my scope to visually ID a contact my mouth drops open. A big thankyou to Hsie, Stiebler, the GWX team and everyone on Subsim.

But I'll definitely be changing the aircraft loadouts to minimise the amount of FIDOs that I get dropped on my crash dive bubble trail... Its June 1944 off Londonderry and even in U-3008 its a twice daily occurence.

Two questions:

Theres a cloud where my stealth meter used to be. Any threads/posts I can read on this?

MFM has wiped out my Additional Ammo mod so now I only have 110 rounds of 105mm. Change it basic .cfg?

P.S I found IX/D2s before I went XXI and they truly are a superb boat. Lorient to Rangoon and back....

Riccardo. U-3008. Lurking somewhere near Tobermory.
Riccardo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 04:54 PM   #179
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo1975 View Post
Theres a cloud where my stealth meter used to be. Any threads/posts I can read on this?
You might look in the file Instructions_Stiebler4B_V16B1_Addon.rtf which is included with the Stiebler4B_V16B1_Revised patches you just installed. It has a pretty complete description of what the cloud means, how to interpret the colors, and how to turn it off if you don't want to use it.

WAEFRTD
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-14, 02:42 AM   #180
Riccardo1975
Gunner

Downloads: 85

I'll have a looksee today.

Thanks BWE.
Riccardo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote