SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-19-12, 02:38 PM   #16
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

December 17, 1939.
Old 10-19-12, 03:59 PM   #17
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453
Uploads: 0

I'll work on it tonight and see if I can duplicate it. It is Kiel I assume?

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 08:18 PM   #18
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
I'll work on it tonight and see if I can duplicate it. It is Kiel I assume?

That would have been helpful to have added, wouldn't it? Yes, it is Kiel.

Out of curiosity, why has the port and docks changed so radically from v6 to v7?

To:

~Albrecht von Hesse
Old 10-19-12, 10:55 PM   #19
HW3
Navy Seal

V7 was imported by BBW from LSH, and as I understand it, is more accurate.

Old 10-20-12, 08:30 AM   #20
HW3
Navy Seal

Still testing but, I can tell you Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX is not totally compatible with V7. It removes some of the eye candy like the bridge just past the locks, besides changing your start location away from the sub tender. I can tell you the sounds from Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX are included in V7, and the sub pen start is there at St. Nazaire. I still have not managed to get those round things to show up in the water. I will do some more testing tonight.

Old 10-23-12, 10:37 AM   #21
HW3
Navy Seal

I have tested and tested but, have not been able to get the round things to show up. I would uninstall Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX if it was me. I think that might be where the problem lies being that it changes the harbor.dat files. Most everything in it is in V7, plus there is a ton of eye candy in V7. Take the free cam and have a look around on your way through the canal. Maybe someone else will have a better idea what it might be for sure.

Old 10-23-12, 06:52 PM   #22
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
I have tested and tested but, have not been able to get the round things to show up. I would uninstall Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX if it was me. I think that might be where the problem lies being that it changes the harbor.dat files. Most everything in it is in V7, plus there is a ton of eye candy in V7. Take the free cam and have a look around on your way through the canal. Maybe someone else will have a better idea what it might be for sure.
I cannot begin to thank you enough for your time and effort in this.

I deactivated everything, dumped the folders than copied over from my fail-safe back-up and started anew. The current activated mod list is below, and it (so far, anyway ) seems to be working. I shifted about the activation order of several of the mods (most notably the Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX and the GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7 ones), plus I waited until the very end before merging the sound files of h.sie's hardfixes (which was run after all these mods).

So far, so good. No floating flak towers, at any rate!

Thanks again!

~Albrecht von Hesse

Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
torpedo trail and wake fix
Das Realistic Food
Real Depth Charge
hydrophone depth charge
SH3-Fix_SN_2_Stock
Fix_UZO_R_stock
GWX Gold restricted Bino Mod
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
KJF_Moon_v1.1
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
SH-5 Water for GWX 3.0 V0.9 Atlantic campaign (default)
Old 10-23-12, 07:01 PM   #23
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03
Those two mods change the same files. Whichever one you installed last is likely overwriting the other one.
Old 10-23-12, 09:41 PM   #24
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Those two mods change the same files. Whichever one you installed last is likely overwriting the other one.
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03's does overwrite some (maybe all) of GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects. But I've never seen distress flares until I'd used Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03, so I thought I'd give it a longer trial.
Old 02-24-15, 03:34 PM   #25
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

This may have already been discovered, but something a little odd about "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7".

If you start a new campaign at 1st U-Flotilla in Kiel in 1939 or 1940, start a patrol and immediately exit the patrol, it will ask "Dock at: Kiel" and everything is fine.

But if you start a new campaign at 1st U-Flotilla in Kiel in 1941, start a patrol and immediately exit the patrol, it will ask "Dock at: Moltenort". If you exit and go to the Briefing Room, you can do noting -- like you are at a foreign port. Start a second patrol, the assigned patrol area is NULL, and if you start anyway, you will find your U-Boat beached on land across the harbor from Kiel.

This is GWX with just "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7" installed -- nothing else. When initially discovered, I had many more MODs installed; but eventually got down to just the "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7" MOD installed and still seeing the issue.

This issue has been confirmed by several users.
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 05:49 PM   #26
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Keitzer View Post
This may have already been discovered, but something a little odd about "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7".

If you start a new campaign at 1st U-Flotilla in Kiel in 1939 or 1940, start a patrol and immediately exit the patrol, it will ask "Dock at: Kiel" and everything is fine.

But if you start a new campaign at 1st U-Flotilla in Kiel in 1941, start a patrol and immediately exit the patrol, it will ask "Dock at: Moltenort". If you exit and go to the Briefing Room, you can do noting -- like you are at a foreign port. Start a second patrol, the assigned patrol area is NULL, and if you start anyway, you will find your U-Boat beached on land across the harbor from Kiel.

This is GWX with just "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7" installed -- nothing else. When initially discovered, I had many more MODs installed; but eventually got down to just the "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7" MOD installed and still seeing the issue.

This issue has been confirmed by several users.
Found the problem. The Kiel departure point, next to the U-Boat tender is only good through 31-Dez-1940. After that, the departure point is from KIEL_2 (a.k.a. Holtenau).

PROBLEM IS ... GWX knows nothing about KIEL_2 -- purely a LSH3 thing. There is a fix, but it involves manipulating the Campaign_LND.mis file.

NOTE: If you use NEW LORIENT for GWX3 or GWX3 Merged Campaign + "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7", this problem has been fixed.

Last edited by Alfred Keitzer; 03-28-15 at 03:28 PM.
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote