SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-09, 04:32 PM   #1
Von M
Watch

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 2
Default [REL] Career Playable Cleveland CL

Career playable with some extra bases thrown in for fun. It is not damage modeled yet as I am waiting for Skwas to release his next version (and I totally suck at using 3D modeling programs).

I took a few liberties with some of the 3D stuff (see above comment) as you will see from the model, if you dont like the way it looks feel free to change it.

The bases are not dead on to the pacific war time frame, mostly they are meant for a little variety and to cut down on steaming time.

A big thanks to Peabody, Jmardlin, and all the guys who figured all this out in the first place.

EDIT: New version (v13) posted that has damage modeling and fixed commando/supply drop crash.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1454

EDIT: New Version (v14)

-Changed some ship handling characteristics including fixing the "bow heavy" problem

-Added ammo to all player and AI weapons; they are nowhere near realistic combat loads but then again it takes the AI gunners a lot of rounds to hit anything at range
-Added new AI AA guns that are time-frame dependent i.e. as time goes on you will see newer and heavier AA guns in different laocations on the weather deck

-Changed the optics on the binos and periscope to reflect the fact that they are your main battery directors and rangefinders in essence

-Got rid of the alarm that everyone thought was annoying (hehe)

I also want to say thanks for the nice reviews on this mod, it seems you guys have enjoyed playing it as much as I've enjoyed making it. :-) Hope you enjoy v14.

EDIT new Version v15

- improved the Cleveland's sea-keeping again
- improved the accuracy of the AI main battery and secondary weapons (while testing the accuracy improvements I sank a Takao Heavy cruiser at 17000 yards with a Baltimore CA only letting the AI fire my weapons)
- implemented a system where your main and secondary batteries will get more accurate at the beginning of each year. This is to simulate US forces getting increasingly knowledgeable and comfortable using radar (Thanks Ching!! ;-) )
- took a few liberties on the stats of main and secondary batteries for all surface ships...this is to allow for better surface battles since in real life CO's would do certain things the AI simply will not...such as train their batteries in the direction of expected surface action.
- depending on the environmental conditions the enemy AI ships will engage at 14000+ yards...it isnt perfect because I don't know how to change the AI behavior rules but I have had some pretty decent OTH gun duels on a clear day

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3395

thanks,

VM

Last edited by Von M; 10-04-11 at 11:12 PM.
Von M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 12:02 AM   #2
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

I love this. I want more of it. I've been away from the SH3/4 games for years and when I saw this, I went out and bought both games. I just played my first campaign mission with the Cleveland and it gave me butterflies. Of course, I got a troop insertion mission so it crashed but I still love it. Great work!!
hellfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 03:54 PM   #3
VonHesse
Sailor Man

Downloads: 43

With a ship that can do 33 knots, you can keep up with the game-generated American Task Forces, and fight along side them. Last night, I "joined" a TF out of Pearl. Positioned myself near the two carriers, and was able to fight off several large Japanese air strikes (10+ planes at a time) that occured as we neared Midway.

Last edited by VonHesse; 11-08-09 at 07:30 PM.
VonHesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 07:13 AM   #4
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27
Default its awsome

Sailing this one strictly since i found on the DL page 2 weeks ago.....

Only bug is the alarm, but its only neverending after a plane attack with small guns....

Its pretty fast, ok armed and just look awsome.

Light cruisers rox....

After roaming marshall islands i had to take a afk brake and whent to midway. Im only a ww2 fighter, uboot and tank sub, with main interest euro theater.

I parked my self NW of midway and whent shopping. When i came home my ship was fighting in the batle of midway lol....yes igot sunk, had a Jap carrier fleet werry werry close, but wowser....now i know

battle of midway 2nd june to 7th june 1942 NW of midway lmao.....

awsom ship...range for roaming, abilityforlong range fights, decet AA awsome....

Someone plase work ou the last bugs....please please please......

Fubuki, awsome, but with purple bug
Fletcher just awsome
Brooklyn, a few bugs,but can awsome....
Cleveland,only alarm bug......aaaawsome...
Hope maya <-- japanese one will be completet....

Cleveland rox.....
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 11:29 PM   #5
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

I love Light Cruisers, the greyhounds of the sea, so i took the Cleveland out on a cruise...or started to... unfortunately my ship handling skills have gotten rusty from too much shore leave....

we started out fine, dockside, everyone waving and the band playin nice tunes, the gulls flying around, and all of us in a great mood...

Yours truely began to feel smug barking out orders to the helm, and watching the ship swing obediently into the appropriate maneuvers to do a high speed reverse turn S run about.... but......

I forgot to check the charts of the channel and it has been a LONG time since i had to con a ship out of or into Pearl...so sadly the cruise was over before it started....

but fortunately there were no casualties, and it was a short swim ashore for all hands. it is a lovely prospect tho to have this beautiful ship to do a campaign with, looking forward to it...if BuShips lets me have some new construction
Old 12-03-09, 10:51 PM   #6
Von M
Watch

Default New version

See original post.
Old 12-06-09, 10:59 PM   #7
Pacific_Ace
Bosun

Downloads: 8

Enjoying the heck out of this little gem of a ship. It exhibits some curious behaviors. Sometimes only the very forward 6" turret will fire, even when all have line of sight. Sometimes the forward 6" and some of the 5" fire...and sometimes a rear 6 will join the fun. Does anyone know what is the deal and how it might be fixed?
Old 12-07-09, 12:09 PM   #8
VonHesse
Sailor Man

Don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but I noticed that the side and rear guns have less ammo than the front turret. After a long engagement, of towards the end of a patrol, all but the front turret will be out of ammo and not fire. Or sometimes you'll have a few rounds left on one side and they'll only fire when targeting from that side. Most times, I head home with all rounds fired except from the main front turret... Just a thought.
Old 12-07-09, 12:18 PM   #9
atraangelis
Watch

Downloads: 4
Default More information please.

IS it compatible with other mods, RSRD TMO...ect..

Can you manually control guns?

Are there crew stations you can man? sonar, radar?...
atraangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 01:01 PM   #10
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
how?

I am new to playable ships. Do I download and activate via JSGME? Then play the game as the captain of the cruiser? How do I get involved with other task force ships? Do I have to find an American Task Force? Then look for the Japanese?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 05:23 PM   #11
VonHesse
Sailor Man

@ I'm goin' down: yep, install with JSGME. As I recall, you get the cleveland out of Pearl, and it should be the only ship available there. As far as American Task Forces, I've only ran into them by accident, and then stayed with them. I hear there's a way to look in the game files and find out when and where they will be, but I'm a bit of a noob, so I've never actually looked, I just follow them. Pretty boring till they get where they're going, but it works. Maybe someone who knows more can tell you how to find the info in the game files so you can meet them rather than just find and follow them.

As far as mod compatibility, All I've ever tried it with is stock. I assume there would be problems with most of the mega-mods, but again, I'm a bit of a noob so I don't know for sure.
Old 12-07-09, 09:09 PM   #12
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default i tried it and it failed

doesn't work with TMO 1.9
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 03:10 AM   #13
cdp44
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 118

It works with RSRD, but you have to manualy edit campaign files. I´m currently playing with it and this ship is awesome.
cdp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 04:07 AM   #14
Herz
Watch

Downloads: 23

I messed around with it myself earlier today and I'm impressed! Good work on it honestly, I'm impressed.

Not sure if I'll mess with it on RSRD though... I'm not that technical with the game files yet.

Herz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 12:29 AM   #15
Von M
Watch

Default New Cleveland

See OP