Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-16, 02:46 PM   #1
Panos1221
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Icon1 Have some questions regarding SH5

Greetings all I am looking to buy SH5 but I have some questions and this is the right place to ask them

Is there a career mod like in SH3 or SH4 where you do patrols instead of missions?

and are there officers and especially the Weapon officer like in SH3 where he gives you solutions on map?

Thats all for now thanks for your time
Panos1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 04:26 PM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos1221 View Post
Greetings all I am looking to buy SH5 but I have some questions and this is the right place to ask them

Is there a career mod like in SH3 or SH4 where you do patrols instead of missions?

and are there officers and especially the Weapon officer like in SH3 where he gives you solutions on map?

Thats all for now thanks for your time
with TWoS mega mod yup is pretty same to Sh3 about the the solution i think is removed in TWoS as default but there is a patch for it to put it back not sure cos i play with my own mod list
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 07:03 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >Panos1221
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In >FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

You will get patrols in SH5.
Usually you get 3 grid references to patrol for either 48 or 72 hours at a time and must be completed in 1 gaming session.
Each time you start a mission and again if you end the mission and request the same mission again you will get another 3 new patrol grids.
Sometimes instead of the patrol grids you will get a special mission. This may be dropping off a spy in enemy territory or a commando team.
Quote:
This depends on the mods used.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 09:28 AM   #4
Panos1221
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Thank you for your answers pretty helpful do you know any mod which adds a WO?

Btw thanks for the welcome
Panos1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 10:30 AM   #5
Interpol
Gunner

Downloads: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >Panos1221
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In >FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

You will get patrols in SH5.
Usually you get 3 grid references to patrol for either 48 or 72 hours at a time and must be completed in 1 gaming session.
Each time you start a mission and again if you end the mission and request the same mission again you will get another 3 new patrol grids.
Sometimes instead of the patrol grids you will get a special mission. This may be dropping off a spy in enemy territory or a commando team.
This depends on the mods used.
Peter
Is there anyway of fixing the bug of the mission becoming uncomplete-able after a load? I'd like to finish these assigned missions but cant always do them all in one game session and I don't want to have to go back to port and end patrol just to get a new mission assignment.
Interpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 03:32 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Interpol
Its not a bug, its just the way the game operates. If you were to make a save then you would have to count down the full 48/72 time again.

The 72 hour patrol is a real pain in the butt. At least the 48 hour is a bit more user friendly. It all really depends how much gaming session time you have. It is not compulsory to have to do those patrol grids but, they do earn you 1 bonus point for each one completed. If you are running out of time and you want to complete it just increase the TC and spin out the remaining time.
Just a reminder that the patrol area is usually 250km. If you draw that out from the middle of your patrol grid with the compass, once you enter the 250km boundary your patrol time starts to count. Make a note of the time you cross the boundary and then you will know roughly the time when that grid will be completed.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
questions, sh3, sh4, sh5